TheManaDrain.com
March 31, 2020, 05:22:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scepter Blast!  (Read 1357 times)
waSP
« on: November 10, 2003, 12:05:01 am »

You guys have all been boring lately.  No real innovation by type 1 players in this forum.  I'm going to show you all my weird little creation.

I have some weird fascination with green cards.  I just can't put them down, ever.  I like designing combo decks too.  So combo decks with green are rather difficult.  ReapLace decks have always been fun, so I have always played around with them.

I bet no one thought of Reap when they saw Isochron Scepter.  Well that's not true, I did.  That card is amazing.  The deck is much more consistent, and less vulnerable to graveyard hate.

Here's my current build, implying a lack of control in my area.

// Color Changers
        4 Prismatic Lace
        4 Isochron Scepter
// Draw
        4 Accumulated Knowledge
        3 Brainstorm
        2 Intuition
        2 Cunning Wish
        1 Ancestral Recall
        1 Time Walk
        1 Mystical Tutor
        1 Demonic Tutor
        1 Vampiric Tutor
// Countermagic
        4 Force of Will
        4 Mana Drain
// Kill
        4 Fire/Ice
// Recursion
        4 Reap
        1 Regrowth
// Mana
        4 Tropical Island
        4 Polluted Delta
        3 Underground Sea
        2 Volcanic Island
        1 Flooded Strand
        1 Mox Sapphire
        1 Mox Emerald
        1 Mox Ruby
        1 Mox Jet
        1 Sol Ring
        1 Black Lotus
// Sideboard
SB:  4 Tangle
SB:  3 Artifact Mutation
SB:  2 Crumble
SB:  2 Stifle
SB:  1 Rack and Ruin
SB:  1 Coffin Purge
SB:  1 Tormod's Crypt
SB:  1 Naturalize

The sideboard attempts to deal with MUD, and isn't really prepared for Long.  That is, as always, customizable.  Tangle is absolutely necessary though, stealing games against non-burn aggro that would otherwise be lost.

I've been testing the deck and have found mixed results.  I feel the matchup against mono-red is far enough gone that I want to splash white so that I have access to CoP:Red in games 2 and 3.  Balance would also be nice, enhancing the Scepters.  Enlightened Tutor would find the combo of Scepter + Reap a little faster.

With black as the 3/4th color, Duress is an option.  I found Brainstorms to be more useful in general in my metagame.

Your matchup against classic control is awesome, at least as combo decks go.  The deck is very similar to 'Tog in its construction, with an alternate kill and some removal main.

I'm kind of just throwing this out to the community.  If you think it's interesting, please post ideas and suggestions.  If you feel it's not worth your time, that's fine too.  I don't think this will be a particularly amazing deck in any metagame, but it might be interesting.  The deck is a blast to play, give it a try!\n\n

Smmenen
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 10:36:32 pm »

I like this deck

Did you consider Lim-Dul's Vault to help the combo?

Steve
Jacob Orlove
Official Time Traveller of TMD
Administrator
Basic User

When am I?

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 10:54:24 pm »

Would Illusion/Reality have a place in here? You can even stick it on a Scepter.

Team Meandeck: O Lord,
Guard my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking guile.
To those who slander me, let me give no heed.
May my soul be humble and forgiving to all.
waSP
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 12:05:05 am »

Jacob, I actually considered Illusion/Reality as a sideboard option for awhile.  I feel Rack and Ruin is slightly better in the slot though.  If I cut Red for White (would have to find a new kill), then yes, Illusion/Reality would replace the Rack at 3cc artifact hate.

Lim-Dul's Vault is an interesting idea.  As the combo pieces are very redundant it might work.  I will test those instead of AK's to see what happens.  Maybe this deck can combo faster than the red decks can burn it.
Jacob Orlove
Official Time Traveller of TMD
Administrator
Basic User

When am I?

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 11:17:13 am »

Raise the Alarm would make a nifty white kill. It takes away some of your scepterable card advantage, though, so you could try to work in Brainstorm #4, and maybe some Impulses.

Team Meandeck: O Lord,
Guard my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking guile.
To those who slander me, let me give no heed.
May my soul be humble and forgiving to all.
shlnmnk
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 08:29:23 pm »

Does fastbond or Lion's Eye Diamond have a place in this deck?
Crater Hellion
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 08:33:52 pm »

omg. the coolness of this deck more than makes up for every other deck I've seen you post.

take this comment any way you wish  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: