TheManaDrain.com
March 31, 2020, 05:58:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Land Still  (Read 4633 times)
BreathWeapon
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2003, 01:27:37 am »

One liner or not, you could have adressed the question with a little more tact.

Its not that Lightning Bolt is a bad card in the deck, its just that it really starts to show its weakness vs Keeper, Dragon and Mask. These games tend to be won by winning the LD war, winning the Counter war, or shutting the opponent out with a resolved Disc. Upping the Kill Clock with Lightning Bolt in these games seems to be irrelevant in these match ups. Granted, STP isn't worth a damn vs Keeper, but its pretty awesome vs Dragon and Mask, which is where Lightning Bolt falls short. So, I thinks its reasonably clear that STP is the better choice, but that leaves Fire/Ice lacking ... so cutting it for Impulses or Brainstorms is pretty logical, and it makes Standstills more consistant as well. Decree is just a bonus. The only problem with U/w Standstill is that its Sideboard is lacking

I really don't know what Wasp is talking about, I haven't lost a game yet vs Weenie Aggro. I only have problems vs Aggro Workshop and Masks.
Shock Wave
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2003, 01:43:28 am »

Quote One liner or not, you could have adressed the question with a little more tact.

You post a one-liner and then recommend others to be more tactful with their posts? I really don't care to discuss this further, PM me if you have issues.

Quote Its not that Lightning Bolt is a bad card in the deck, its just that it really starts to show its weakness vs Keeper, Dragon and Mask.

You shouldn't be worried about Keeper at all. You have far more counters and card draw, so weakness of Lightning Bolt is irrelevant. Yes, Bolt is weak against Mask and Dragon, but Landstill owns Dragon with 3 MD Stifle and 5 Strip effects. If you're expecting a lot of mask in your metagame, then white is probably the way to go. However, you can't build a deck that revolves around beating 1 archetype. Although white is great against fat decks, it is weaker in every other aspect in comparison to red.\n\n

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: