TheManaDrain.com
April 10, 2020, 02:11:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Lists of Stores and People by State/Province  (Read 48655 times)
Urtho
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2009, 07:10:32 pm »

The list for New Hampshire is out of date, at the least both the Wizard's Tower and Hammer's Comics have gone out of business.  Also looking at the Double Midnight website I see no mention of Vintage or Legacy, only Sunday afternoon drafts.  The website for Double Midnight is http://www.dmcomics.com.
XtremeGamesOnline
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

xtremegames2199
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2009, 03:33:53 pm »

XTREME GAMES in Round Lake Beach, Illinois  BORDER WI/IL

www.xtremegamesonline.com

2199 IL RT 83
Round Lake Beach, IL 60073
1-847-543-(GAMZ)4269

We have been holding Vintage tournaments every month along with many other types of magic tourmanets.  For more information please check out our web store  www.xtremegamesonline.com  or feel free to call us.
Thank You,
Xtreme Games
Troy_Costisick
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2009, 10:05:03 am »

Heya,

Could you add "Something 2 Do" to your list?  It's in Lousiville, KY.  Here's the webaddress: http://www.something2dogames.com/

Peace,

-Troy

XtremeGamesOnline
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

xtremegames2199
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2009, 02:44:36 pm »

Nice store Troy!  Game store standards are going up, nice to see finally!  We have come a Long way from the old typical basement hole in the wall, although im sure they still exist, why anybody would want to go to one escapes me.
vassago
Basic User

phesago
View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2009, 04:29:52 pm »

I noticed about four or so years ago some one posted in this thread about the game store i work for and I thought I would update the details.

Gamer's Inn
1232 East Southern Avenue Suite#14
Mesa, AZ 85204
480 507 0509

We are the place to play games of any nature in the state.  We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.  With over 5300 square feet, and seating for over 140 card players, we can more than suite the needs of any event. We have casual type 1 tournaments every saturday now! We are also trying to promote the legacy scene in the state by making the arena league legacy oriented.  So if you are ever in the Phoenix metro area, please come by! We would love to meet you and play a few games of magic, or whatever game you play!

Quote from: M.Solymossy
.... "OMGWTFElephantOnMyFace".
pierce
Basic User

Part Time Vintage Guru for Hire

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2009, 03:31:32 pm »

I got a research gig at OSU over the summer. Any vintage in Columbus other than MEandeck events?

More like Yangwill!
Karapaz
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2009, 01:08:33 am »

I  have  a  shop  I  trust  already.  If  you  offered  something  that  they  didnt  and  I  needed  that  particular  something,  then  sure  I  would  check  you  out.  Your  competition  is  strong  though.

Good  luck  if  you  decide  to  jump  in  though.

bush2
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2009, 01:49:56 am »

It's only a dollar, so its cheap and a good time, but only like three people are powered, and there are a lot of pre-cons being played. Certainly not the best testing ground, but a cool place nonetheless.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:09:54 pm by bush2 » Logged
Doomsday
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2009, 02:04:30 pm »

Didn't see an edit date, so I'm not sure whether the 1st post is being updated.  If not, anyone know any places in Vermont?  We have Quarterstaff Games, but from what I see they only do drafts and Standard.

I see that there's an "unknown store" listed, but that's not a Vermont area code (we only have one).

Unrestrict: Burning Wish, Ponder, Flash, Gush
TommyMadProphet
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2009, 10:31:35 am »

Hey there. I'm kind of new to the Vintage tournament scene but my store is starting to host events. We have a calender of events on our website and a facebook group.

Richmond Comix
14249 Midlothian Turnpike
Midlothian, VA 23113
(804)549-2845
www.richmondcomix.com

honestabe
Basic User

How many more Unicorns must die???

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2009, 03:14:49 pm »

There's always feinstein's place

Die-Hard games pawtucket RI

As far as I can tell, the entire Vintage community is based on absolute statements
  -Chris Pikula
Killane
Full Members
Basic User

I am become Death, the destroyer of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2009, 08:08:25 pm »

Hamilton, ON, Canada. Comic Connection in Westdale (905-522-2357) runs vintage and EDH back to back almost every saturday (unless there's a (pre)release. The Vintage crowed is a bit small at the moment, so it would be great if we got a few more players out.

DCI Rules Advisor
_____________________________ _____
Are you playing The Game?
Almanomada
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2009, 12:05:55 pm »

I am trying to find places to play in Texas near Austin, and this is the only place i have found so far.  Pats Games in Austin Texas www.patsgames.com  run weekly events.  Here is a basic week breakdown--

Sunday and Monday - closed
Tuesday - 6:30 PM - FNM M10 Booster Drafts $10
Wed/Thurs - no events
Friday - 6:30 PM - FNM M10 Booster Drafts $10 / 7:00 PM - FNM M10 Booster Drafts $10
Saturday - 11:00 AM - Vintage With Proxies - $5 Entry Fee - Winner Take All Cash Tournament
Saturday - 1:00 PM - M10 Game Day Tournament - Standard $10 Entry
Saturday - 1:00 PM - Standard - $3 Entry Fee / 5:00 PM - FNM M10 Booster Drafts $10
This weas for the week of September 13 - 19 

I have yet to play there but they have a great website with forums of there own and seem to be a friendly and enjoyable place to play according to many players.

Matt
Post like a butterfly, Mod like a bee.
Adepts
Basic User

King of the Jews!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2009, 12:47:49 pm »

Pat's is okay, but I don't like how cramped it is, nor the clientèle, who seem to be evenly split between children and assholes (there is some overlap, natch). I prefer Battleforge Games, on Anderson Lane (drafts Wed/Sat @ 7PM, legacy fridays 7PM).

There's also Dragon's Lair on Burnet but they only do FNM IIRC.

http://www.goodgamery.com/pmo/c025.GIF
----------------------
SpenceForHire2k7: Its unessisary
SpenceForHire2k7: only spelled right
SpenceForHire2k7: <= world english teach evar
----------------------
noitcelfeRmaeT
{Team Hindsight}
nether__void
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2009, 04:16:18 pm »

I'm headed to Oahu, Hawaii later next month - are there any Vintage players in Oahu?  What about stores/tournaments?

Team GWS: smashing face with men since 2003
shroomy2dope
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2009, 06:42:54 pm »

anyone play in indy i have space to host small events if theres any players close .  im on the south east corner of indianapolis a small town called shelbyville we have about 6 regulars without proxies and a small prowy enviorment too but weve all played together for years with no change looking to expand and incorporate new players. any word would be appreciated
silvernail
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2010, 12:21:21 pm »

This is the shop I play at

The Wizard's Wall
747 S. Apollo Blvd
Melbourne, FL 32901

We do mostly unpowered Vintage on Wednesday nights and Standard / Draft on Friday/ Saturday.
HouseofGames
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2010, 07:08:59 pm »

My Shop:

House of Games, LLC
131 B E. Airport Hwy.
Swanton, Ohio 43558
419-826-Game (4263)

http://www.houseofgamesllc.com/magic_the_gathering.htm

Tuesday Legacy
8pm, $2 entry fee
Payout is sliding & in packs.

Friday Night Magic Standard
9pm, $4
Cunstucted, Draft, etc.
Payout is sliding & in packs w/ FNM promo cards

Saturday Night 10 Proxy Vintage
9pm, $2
Payout is sliding & in packs.

Saturday midnight Magic - FREE
Midnight to 4am open Maginc Gaming
Standard, EDH, you name it, lots of trading!
endelig
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2010, 01:17:50 pm »

There's another shop in Eau Claire, WI. The Adventurers Guild is closed.

Fountain of Youth Games
216 Water Street
Eau Claire, WI 54703-5699
(715) 563-3428

They have drafts of the current set for FNM. Standard on Saturday and Legacy on Sunday.
KingoftheScrubs
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2010, 01:33:41 pm »

Blue Moon Games
Mooresville, IN

Mooresville is about 15 min. SW of I-465 & S.R. 67 in Indianapolis (for those who care but don't know).

Not sure of the exact address, but it is just west of the high school.  The owners are going to be starting bi-weekly Vintage tournaments soon, so if you live in the area, post a reply here or send me a PM and I'll do my best to give directions. 

Hey, I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think unicorns are kick ass!
piZZero
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2010, 03:43:18 pm »

Hi there!

I'm travelling this June to NYC (Manhattan), and I was wondering what's "the place" to play right now. I've been to NY in the past and I sitll can't believe Neutral Ground is gone Sad

Using the Store Locator it says that The Heights of Gaming is a Premium Store and, according to its website, has room to play games and tournaments.

Could anyone advice a good place to go and play?

Cheers!

piZZero - Jordi Amat

Evenpence
Basic User

AlphaFoNGGGG
View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2010, 10:36:35 pm »

Pennsylvania:

The Adventurer's Guild
3878 Union Deposit Rd.
Harrisburg PA 17109

[17:25] Desolutionist: i hope they reprint empty the warrens as a purple card in planar chaos
doctrellor
Basic User

ArmageddonBOFH
View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2010, 01:57:09 pm »

MN
St Louis Park: Dreamers
Minneapolis: Monster Den

They are owned by the same folks
http://www.dreamersgames.com/

There is also - Universe Games
http://www.universegames.com
711 Lake Str #103
Minneapolis
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:59:49 pm by doctrellor » Logged
Cant See
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2010, 10:39:42 pm »

anyone play in indy i have space to host small events if theres any players close .  im on the south east corner of indianapolis a small town called shelbyville we have about 6 regulars without proxies and a small prowy enviorment too but weve all played together for years with no change looking to expand and incorporate new players. any word would be appreciated

My friends and I have recently picked up vintage and live on the west side of Indianapolis, probably around 45 minutes drive from you. It sounds like our play group is about the same size as yours, so maybe we could put them together and organize something at either location, although from the sound of it our space is larger.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:46:57 pm by Cant See » Logged
corvidae
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2010, 03:37:17 pm »

North Carolina:

Sci-Fi Genre Comics & Games
3215 Old Chapel Hill Rd
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 490 7900

Legacy tournaments every Sunday and Vintage sporadically.
www.scifigenre.com/store
FOW#1
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2011, 10:14:12 am »

Dose anyone know where I can play vintage at in michigan? I have been looking for a place to play vintage for a while but can't find anyplace.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
BaronSengir
Basic User

patriarch1002
View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2011, 08:27:13 am »

For what its worth Pastimes in Illinois doesn't regularly run T1 tournaments, but they are hoping to start soon at least once a month. I keep bothering them to try and squeeze it into the schedule somewhere, so hopefully it happens soon. I also don't think Collect-a-card runs T1 anymore either sadly. Sad I'll probably be heading up to Xtreme every month to play my T1 deck because I can't find anything by me.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:29:58 am by BaronSengir » Logged

"Bottled life. Not as tasty as I'm used to, rather stale, but it has the same effect." Baron Sengir
My Deck Index
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2011, 11:12:26 am »

Is there any place in New York City? I know there's NYSE out on Long Island, but that's (a) out on Long Island, and (b) not even accessible, really, by train (a few miles from the LIRR station), so us car-less New Yorkers have a hard time getting out there.
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2011, 11:57:25 am »

Is there any place in New York City? I know there's NYSE out on Long Island, but that's (a) out on Long Island, and (b) not even accessible, really, by train (a few miles from the LIRR station), so us car-less New Yorkers have a hard time getting out there.

There's King's Games in Brooklyn, but they haven't run a Vintage event in more than a year. There's Jim Hanley's Universe, which is down by the Empire State Building, but they haven't run Vintage in a while either.

If you live in NYC and you want to make it out to the N.Y.S.E. on 11/19, let me know. I pick up NYC guys from LIRR stations for almost all of my events, if you need a ride, I can make it happen.

"I’ll break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
I’ll drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2011, 12:56:04 pm »

Hey thanks! I may make it out to one in the new year -- pretty booked, weekend-wise, until then.

Might be a good idea to get an interest check from NYC players and then try and get one of those store owners to host an event -- wonder how many people are floating around the city nowadays.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: