TheManaDrain.com
August 19, 2019, 01:15:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: French Nationals Decklists  (Read 2741 times)
Anusien
Adepts
Basic User

Anusien
View Profile
« on: July 25, 2006, 11:16:48 am »

Decklists here
Heartbeat with Gigadrowse main and some bizarre UW lists.

Magic Level 3 Judge
Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote from: H.L. Mencken
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
UR
Basic User

budweisur@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 02:30:50 pm »

What was so bizarre about those lists? I designed a deck just like it myself and had some fantastic results with it... no, lemme rephrase that... my brother had fantastic results with it (I'm not good enough with a combat-phase to pilot this deck to a decent finish). It is really an anti-metagame deck. That is why my deck looked a little different but essentially it was the same. The biggest difference is that I included the Azorius unblockable guy that gives you four lives to help in the aggro-matchup.
LordHomerCat
Full Members
Basic User

Lord+Homer+Cat
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 03:15:32 pm »

The bizarre part to me is the fact that they run like a hundred different 1-of and 2-of creatures.  That just seems very strange to me, like you are going to draw the worse creatures at the wrong times and lose because of it, instead of playing a more focused and consistent base (but hey, it took a lot of slots, so who knows?).

Team Meandeck

Team Serious

Quote from: spider
LordHomerCat is just mean, and isnt really justifying his statements very well, is he?
SonataOfTheCathedral
Full Members
Basic User

Putting the "ew" in Jew since '87!

LapseOfReasonX
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 03:22:56 pm »

Grand Arbiter made an appearance I thought he wouldn't. The casting cost in aggro was too expensive for an effect that might not cut it.

NYDP
UR
Basic User

budweisur@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 03:54:00 pm »

The bizarre part to me is the fact that they run like a hundred different 1-of and 2-of creatures.  That just seems very strange to me, like you are going to draw the worse creatures at the wrong times and lose because of it, instead of playing a more focused and consistent base (but hey, it took a lot of slots, so who knows?).

Doesn't matter. The curve is much more important that what the actual card does.
Roxas
Full Members
Basic User

JesusRoxas
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 11:22:01 pm »

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's fallen in love with SSS in the <3beat sideboard.  I've played with it in a couple events, and it's been really, really strong, because it's an alternate win condition that doesn't still lose to Mortify. 

Going with three Weird Harvests instead of maindeck metagame slots is an interesting decision.  It certainly makes for a better average goldfish, but I don't know if I'd be comfortable without at least one Pyroclasm to sweep Kamis.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:35:00 pm by Roxas » Logged

49 Cents
Basic User

Von Dutch

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 04:58:15 am »

Remember, it is very well possible that those players are just really good Limited players. Most of the tourney was Limited, anyways.

Team TDC: The man with a new idea is a fool. Unless the idea turns out to be a succes.

www.BeNeLegacy.nl - For all your Legacy
LordHomerCat
Full Members
Basic User

Lord+Homer+Cat
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 10:14:35 am »

Apparently Australian Nats should be coming soon, and a ton of Top8 slots went to this UBW Control deck that has been tearing up Magic Online.  blisterguy's article on SCG has a list from the first place finisher.  That deck seems much more in line with what I personally expected to do well, and I would be very surprised if it doesn't take at least 1-2 or more slots at US Nats next weekend.

Team Meandeck

Team Serious

Quote from: spider
LordHomerCat is just mean, and isnt really justifying his statements very well, is he?
Toad
Crazy Frenchman
Adepts
Basic User

112347045 yoshipd@hotmail.com toadtmd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 10:33:03 am »

Remember, it is very well possible that those players are just really good Limited players. Most of the tourney was Limited, anyways.
Most of the Tourney was Standard. 6 rounds of Standard, 6 rounds of Limited, and a Top 8 in Standard.

There is nothing wrong with running 1-offs and 2-offs in Magic, even with no Tutors, as long as the 1 or 2-offs are versatile enough to never be poor draws. Gotta love Lauriol's deckbuilding skills Mr. Green He showed once again that he is one of the best deckbuilders in the World.
kirdape3
Full Members
Basic User

tassilo27 tassilo27
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 11:24:57 am »

Two words, Matty.

INFANTRY
VETERAN.

If you want to have another one drop, fine, but why choose one that doesn't have evasion and only has a marginal ability?  Lantern Kami exists, and carries a Jitte much better.

His sideboard is also not worthy of mention.

WRONG!  CONAN, WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?!

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Klep
OMG I'M KLEP!
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 12:21:44 pm »

I'm not thrilled to see the Top 8 be Heartbeat, Vore, and 6 decks running Jitte.  I will be very happy when that card rotates out.

So I suppose I should take The Fringe back out of my sig now...
49 Cents
Basic User

Von Dutch

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 04:56:15 pm »

Most of the Tourney was Standard. 6 rounds of Standard, 6 rounds of Limited, and a Top 8 in Standard.

Oh, my bad. For some reason I thought they drafted 3 times..

Team TDC: The man with a new idea is a fool. Unless the idea turns out to be a succes.

www.BeNeLegacy.nl - For all your Legacy
Toad
Crazy Frenchman
Adepts
Basic User

112347045 yoshipd@hotmail.com toadtmd
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 08:21:45 am »

Rian, Sylvain actually said Infantry Veteran was fairly good against the Mirror and other Aggro decks because since all the creatures in the format are 2/2, it made all your creatures virtually unblockable. Sylvain is also quite old school Wink
Jacob Orlove
Official Time Traveller of TMD
Administrator
Basic User

When am I?

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 01:40:26 pm »

Sylvain is also quite old school Wink
Infantry Veteran was first printed in, what, Visions? That's hardly old school at all.

Team Meandeck: O Lord,
Guard my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking guile.
To those who slander me, let me give no heed.
May my soul be humble and forgiving to all.
Anusien
Adepts
Basic User

Anusien
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 02:15:33 pm »

Is it time for Cranial Extraction to make a comeback?  If you can get it off without Jitte on the board, it seems like you'd be head and shoulders above every aggro deck, and it's apparently the nut high against Heartbeat again.

I second Roxas on the need for metagame slots.  Having multiple Weirds was something a guy I knew did to make his Muddle the Mixtures better, but having no outs to half the format just seems risky.

Edit: Why am I surprised that the French went crazy with strategic singletons?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 02:31:49 pm by Anusien » Logged

Magic Level 3 Judge
Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote from: H.L. Mencken
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
kirdape3
Full Members
Basic User

tassilo27 tassilo27
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 07:25:57 pm »

Please tell M. Lauriol that we aren't Homedicapped anymore Very Happy.

WRONG!  CONAN, WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE?!

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: