TheManaDrain.com
December 11, 2019, 11:33:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Legacy Dual Land Tournament, Danville, IL.  (Read 2001 times)
Anarky87
Basic User

The+Empty+Jar87
View Profile Email
« on: October 22, 2006, 03:09:10 pm »

Where: BC Collectibles (Located inside the Village Mall in Danville.  (217) 431-1422)

When: Sunday, November 5th @ 1:00 p.m.

This is a Legacy tournament where the prize is some amount of dual lands to 1st and 2nd. Apparently an 8 person attendance will receive some of the crappier duals, whereas if more people show up, some of the better duals will be given away. Their amounts are unkown to me, I'm assuming maybe 2 to 1st and 1 to 2nd, I don't know. Either way, it's a couple duals for $5. Anyone who can make it would be great since we're trying to increase the Legacy community in our town. Everyone is pretty hooked on bad T2 decks so they ignore Legacy.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 11:22:57 am by Bardo » Logged
emidln
Basic User

emidln@hotmail.com Ace50003 brandonjadams
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 12:29:04 pm »

bump, because this is close. Is anyone else going? If anyone near Springfield wants to split some gas, I have room in my car.

BZK! - The Vintage Lightning War
Anarky87
Basic User

The+Empty+Jar87
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 01:29:13 pm »

Emidln is correct, the tournament is this Sunday @1.  I've heard from a friend that himself and some other people at Eastern University are going to hopefully be able to make it if they can find a ride. 
Rhyno
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 01:37:42 pm »

Does anyone have a address for this place? What portion of the state is Danville located?

GWS: Girls With Slingshots

I LOL'd on the internetz when I saw this!!!!!!
www.gwscomic.com
Anarky87
Basic User

The+Empty+Jar87
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 04:18:30 pm »

Does anyone have a address for this place? What portion of the state is Danville located?

The address is 2917 North Vermilion Street, Danville, IL.  61832.  If that is not enough, the phone number of the store is listed above in the announcement.  You could place a call and ask them for specific directions if need be.

As to what portion of the state, Danville is about 170 miles or so South of Chicago and 30 miles I'd say East (I think) from Champaign/Urbana.  So depending on where you are actually located, go from there.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 04:22:28 pm by Anarky87 » Logged
emidln
Basic User

emidln@hotmail.com Ace50003 brandonjadams
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 05:17:08 pm »

In other words, Danville is almost on the Illinois/Indiana border, on the way from University Illinois Urbana campus to Indianapolis. That might help for general directions without mapquest.

BZK! - The Vintage Lightning War
Auracon
Basic User

Silence is golden.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 02:23:50 am »

What is the expected turnout? Also, is the tournament sanctioned (always helps  Wink)? I might show up from Champaign if life doesn't get the best of me.
Anarky87
Basic User

The+Empty+Jar87
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 11:18:53 am »

What is the expected turnout? Also, is the tournament sanctioned (always helps  Wink)? I might show up from Champaign if life doesn't get the best of me.

Concerning the turnout, we have no clue.  Outside of the normal guys (Myself and my two friends) who pretty much make up Danville's 1.5 scene, we can't get anybody off their lazy asses to do anything in this town.  If it's not T2, people don't show.  So turnout is going to be a wild card, which is why we're looking outside of Danville for help with this  Very Happy  The tournament will be sanctioned, I believe, if we have a minimum of 8.  I could be wrong about that, but I think that's what he said, I can find out. 

I hope you can make it, I was just over in Champaign on the 21st at Parkland for the Legacy tournament over there and it was pretty tight.  You guys seem to have a solid group over there.  Try and convince as many as you can, we'd like for this to be big and improve our regular attendance as well. =)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: