TheManaDrain.com
July 18, 2019, 12:09:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *ICHORID DOES'NT WIN MYRIAD* NO, REALLY, I DID TERRIBLE, BUT I HAVE PICS@!  (Read 4611 times)
nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2007, 12:46:34 am »

*ICHORID DOES'NT WIN MYRIAD*  NO, REALLY, I DID TERRIBLE, BUT I HAVE PICS@!
-or-
Seriously, its been a year. Can we unban Travis yet?-[dot].report

So yea, fresh off my previous top 8, I am back again. Dan is hosting another Vintage Myriad, and so I appear fresh faced and ready to kick butt.

Quick note here, Dan is pretty cool. He runs some sweet events (and some of the only monthly events besides ELD in NE now), and is obviously dedicated to vintage (see the creation of TMWA). Not only does he give up a decent structure to the top 8, but he also gives out prizes for best report, tumbling dice, and drafts (repacks), all of which can be done for free.

Yet, some of you may not have met Dan, so here is your chance. Dan meet TMD. TMD, meet Dan.

No lies kiddies, but details are sketchy. Iím working off life totals if I gots them, and little else besides. If I had done better, I probably would have written down some more notes that night. (oh vey!-Did I just ruin the ending@!?)

Auto-whattie?

Pre-game I find myself sitting next to the Big Juggs, who begs and pleads to be put into my report. Honestly, it was kinda embarrassing to see a grown man cry, but Travis was adamant that he, and his pic, make it into print. Really, his tears (which may or may not be a cure cause for cancer STDís, are the only reason Iím doing this report).*

P.S. This is what I played

Myr the Merrier Ė HAHA F-YOU EXTIRPATE!

// Lands
    3 Petrified Field
    4 Bazaar of Baghdad
    3 Mishra's Factory
    1 Strip Mine
    2 City of Brass

// Creatures
    4 Ichorid
    4 Stinkweed Imp
    1 Sundering Titan
    4 Myr Servitor
    4 Shambling Shell
    2 Sutured Ghoul
    4 Golgari Grave-Troll
    4 Nether Shadow

// Spells
    4 Unmask
    2 Dread Return
    2 Dragon Breath
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Serum Powder
    4 Chalice of the Void

// Sideboard
SB: 1 City of Brass
SB: 1 Ancestor's Chosen
SB: 3 Children of Korlis (Super Sekret Tendrils Tec!)
SB: 3 Putrid Imp
SB: 3 Ancient Grudge
SB: 4 Gemstone Mine

Round 1: Mike w/ TMWA

Game 1: Akk, blah, yuck. I donít feel like playing TMWA. Iím fairly sure that Mike doesnít have Tormodís maindeck, but I am also fairly sure that I will be facing numerous Extirpates and Grunts game two. Pout. Mike has no Tormods, and doesnít see a Grunt. I also am fairly sure that he doesnít run STP maindeck, another plus. The game was fairly drawn out due to multiple Orims Chants and Bloodfire Dwarfs, but I slooooow play out my critters, and the Dwarfs do more damage to his creature base then mine. So, off to the races, Game UNO I do what Ichorid does; I wins the game and put myself at a statistical advantage. Yippie.

Game 2: Another long game (I think), again with the Blood Fire doods, but it is the early Extirpate that seals the deal. That it took forever to get a keep able hand did help either. Like a champ, I try and play it out post Extirpate on Ichorid, but a quick Grunt seals the deal and I scoops for game 2. Of hilarious note, his Bloodfire Dwarves kill far more confidants and children then I could have ever hoped to accomplish on my own. So yea, I at least have that going for me into Game SAN. 

Game 3: Times a-runiní short, and we both shuffle up quickly. Then, I mull, and shuffle again. Then I powder. Powder again. Shuffle again. I may, or may not, powder again, but regardless I find my self staring at a redic small hand with out a Bazaar. Mad cheats (Unmasking myself for Golgari Grave Troll) ensues and sometime around turn 2 I dump some dredgers into my graveyard. I think Iím good to go, but extirpate, followed by bloodfire AND grunt send this jappo to frown town, right next to scoopsville, and south of nooblit hamlet.

At the end, Mike Says-
ďHAHAHAHAHAHA, EXTIRPATE OWNS YOU NOOBĒ**

-or politely shook my hand and commented on how interesting our games were after wishing me much luck and a firstborn boy child (so you know, he can inherit all my stuff and what-not).

Here is a Haiku I wrote (looked up on the interweb) about Mike

even for this body of dust
a guardian god...
blossoming spring

Games 1-2
Matches: 0-1

Round 2: Travis w/ Gift-ies

Game 1: Iím feeling preeeeety good with a chalice and an active bazaar by turn 1. Travis frowns and mentions he should have countered that, while moving to his turn. Sometime before my turn TRES Travis manages an active welder on the board and my chalice quickly becomes an ashtray (or a serum powder). Big frowns against a tormods, and then quickly gifted for the (his) winz.

Sabotage 979: main  deck
Sabotage 979: card wins games
herbertj2000: im quoting that in the report
herbertj2000: wanna say anything else?
Sabotage 979: unban juggernaut go
Sabotage 979: its been a year

Oh Travis, a word from Issa to you-

even the heavenly gods
crowd 'round...
plum blossoms

Followed quickly by a Poem by me-

Thatís right,
Yea,
Oh yea-
Baby

Game 2: I blows the pants off Travis (no mean feat, Iím telling you. The man is huge and could crush me in his manly fists). Open with the Chalice and Bazaar with dredgers. Cabal Therp on Turn 2 with Ichorid and play a Myr. Turn 3 bring back the artifact copies, Therp a million times, and ghoul for the win. HA HA counter spells. It should be noted that Travis managed to draw like a champ pulling his lone Mana Drain and extra copies of FOW. 

Game 3: As Travis would say, ďAuto whattie?Ē. I get no Chalice, Travis gets a crypt. No fear is these eyes guy, I go to run it out with an early grudge in the gy. He crypts in resp, but I still have plenty of gas left. The game continues, but suddenly Travis manages to Gifts after I whiff on a Cabal. Heís got a ton of mana, and takes a huge Will turn, followed by tinker. Iím slavered twice, and eventually Travis seals the deal with a welder -> crypt. Sad Panda. Game Loss.

Games 1-2
Matches: 0-1

At this point folks I feel I would be remiss if I didnít give you all a glance at one of our stately and seriously judges here at Myriad Games. This man is in charge of ruling over us young plebes; keeping us in order until such time that we may either enter top 8 and prizes, or drop from the event and as such end his custody and care. Without further adieu, I present you the man the puts the BOMB in Bomberman, the man no mere island nation could hold to its own bosom, the Mark Anthony to my Cleopatra***, nay- no, nary has there been at more spectacularly judicious judge, why I could only be talking aboutÖ

Olli-THE WONDER JUDGE

Round 3 (or perhaps round 4): Iíve Forgotten his name (nice guy, met a whole bunch of times, basically Iím a dick for forgetting) w/ Ichorid

Game 1: HAHAHAHAHA noob, he runs Leyline maindeck. I donít. I donít run anything to remove it g1. I lost

Game 2: Sekret SB tec comes in. I turn my deck into the Worst Fish Deck EVER.dec. I SB in all my children (sappy soap ref. FTW), three PIMPs and the chosen. I play Stripper-> Myr. He plays Bazaar, digs, passes. Stripper nails the Bazaar (oooohhhh, so naughty) and then I play a Bazaar of my own. I eventually manage to get a bunch of critters on board, bring back a Chosen for a billion life, and then swing for the Win. Big Woots.

Game 3: Worst fish deck EVER FTW. He mulls to oblivion for Leyline, finally getting two down on the play. I manage an early stripper again, and then Myr + Factory beats for the win. He had the worst dredges ever. Ah, such is life.

Now, to be fair, we were both out of contention and were just playing for fun. Meh, so vattie. Ichorid v. Ichorid is a coin flip, and obv. depends a lot on playing Leyline. Either way, the match was fun (for me at least), because after all, who wins with Myr beats?

Round 4 Ė I seriously have no memory of this. At this point I was just killing time until the ďVintage DraftĒ started.

Oh Issa, again, I look to you for guidance.

cherry blossoms scatter--
my life too is heading
downhill

-gee, thanks.

And so, at a lowly 1-3 (yes, I lost the last match) I drop. Sigh, oh Ichorid, I have failed thee again! Alas fair nightmare-horror, I will avenge thee. A curse on BOTH your houses. I will bear these slings and arrows, but only until you un-grip me from your own green eyed monster who demands a pound of flesh. (yea, its getting late). 

To round it all out, I missed tumbling dice (I have no idea how), and bombed the vintage draft when I couldnít manage to get anything bigger then a 2/2. I still had fun though. Some final thoughts on my obviously unsuccessful decklist.

I think I could have done better, and truthfully, all the matches could have gone either way. Travisí maindeck crypt game at the last possible moment, and Mikeís Extirpate would have been much less effective if not backed by both grunt (to kill off shadows) and Bloodfire (to kill of Myr). The Myr are an interesting idea, but Iím really not convinced that they are better then say basking rootwalla as a pre-board against Extirpate.

My favorite tech in the deck was the children, blatantly stolen from Andyís gifts list. To quote the Brassman, ďchildren against combo when they arenít expecting it is like a stifle that canít be dressedĒ, or something like that. I looked at it as a way to combat extirpate while buying time against Tendrils. Considering tendrils is only about a turn faster then you, and children doesnít slow the deck down post board, I kinda like the idea. Still isnít very tested at the moment. Chosen was added against UW fish and TMWA where ghoul can be a liability, and Chosen not only buys time, but can kill a grunt and live to talk about it (go go first striking 4/4ís).

Also of note, I ran the Leyline gambit. I figured that all the ďgoodĒ decks that pack Leyline lately would switch over to Extirpate at the very least, and at the best, not have either. This meant I could clear the board of Chains and Charms and seriously consider putting the mana in the SB. I think I was mostly correct, cept of course round 3, which was moot anyways. My opinion right now is that Extirpate is just flat out better as a SB card then Leyline, and thatís what you should be meta-gaming for if you choose to play Ichorid.

Current Top 10 Songs*****
Every Man Has A Molly Ė Say Anything
Alive With the Glory of Love Ė Say Anything
Loretta Ė John Prine
Coyotes Ė Jon Edwards
No Love Today Ė Chris Smither
Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season Ė Jimmy Buffet
Rudie Canít Fail Ė Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Johnny Was Ė Bob Marley
I Will Buy You A New Life - Everclear

Here Ends This Here Report.

P.S.

I vote for this as the best Myriad Report. You should too.Check it out!

Remember kids, Issa says;

Under cherry trees
there are
no strangers.

Dave and Dana kicking butt and taking names in the top 4

Top 2 is not good enough for this man!

However, this man shall settle for top 4 (this is what you get for cutting FOW)****

*This is a lie (mostly) This is what happens to gifts players with Crypt maindeck

**Okay, more lies, but here is some fun filled trivia for you. Mike once saved my car from being violated by big angry hairy paving men. Seriously, ask him about it sometime.

***Seriously, isnít Rome like the best show on TV right now. And donít give me this LOST or 24 bullshit. Jack couldnít hold a candle to Pulo. I mean comeíon, he bit out the guys tongue.

****Apparently cutting FOW gets you top 4, street cred(not really), and some serious money.

***** Not in any order, and yes, I only listed 9. Did you really count? What a loser, are you that bored? Go outside and play, itís finally Spring time!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 01:09:00 am by nataz » Logged

I will write Peace on your wings
and you will fly around the world
Myriad Games
Master of Mountains
Full Members
Basic User

So Many Games - So Little Time - So Start Playing!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 10:46:47 am »

Thanks for the report, Jared!

You played against Harry Losee in Round 3 & Tom Lacaillade in Round 4.

Nice pics and poems.

Myriad Games
Your Friendly Professional Game Stores
1-888-8MYRIAD
www.MyriadGames.com
www.Facebook.com/MyriadGames
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:04:29 pm »

Great Report and pics.

And Battlestar Galactica is the best show on tv.

mike_bergeron
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 09:57:23 pm »

"even for this body of dust
a guardian god...
blossoming spring"

does this mean we have to make out next time we play? I would write one about how those dudes wanted to pick up your car and move it, but I'm not talented in those areas. also, i had main deck crypts game 1, thats why it went so long. no a big deal though, you just happened to win with ZERO FLIPPIN CARDS left in your library. I'm not bitter though.

"I like ichorid
it is neat and fast
trashcan cookie monster"

Dan, I vote for this report, it had pictures AND links AND references. If i get a vote that is.

also, doesn't finestine look like an evil robot with the sole purpose of destroying the vintage format? restrict lions, imo
nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 10:44:15 pm »

BG is hawt, but I havenít been able to follow it lately. I watched all the way to [SPOILER WARNING]

When in season two the order to fire on the other battle star is given, then I ran out of downloaded copies and moved, so I never downloaded anymore (Downloading on campus networks is so much quicker then with a cabal modem, plus pirate bay has been wacky lately). Still, I wanna know what happened. Anyone know how far along the DVD's are, or if SiFi tends to show them in blocks. What season are the on now?*

Dan, I vote for this report, it had pictures AND links AND references. If i get a vote that is.

I vote that Mike gets a vote!

Mike, there's nothing wrong with man-love [scrubs reference!**]

See Outlaw and Dan for reference:

And since I'm posting in my own thread, MORE LISTS NEEDED

Best 5 Movies that I watched this month

Bridge over River Kwai
BLOOD DIAMOND
Wild Hogs - jk, although it was funny
Ghost Rider***
Fearless (I keep watching this movie, <3)

And, since I'm out of appropriate Issa for the moment (i.e., I'm lazy), I'll leave you with this final thought.

A naked man and an elephant are standing in a room. The elephant looks at the man and says,
"Sure it's cute and all, but can you drink out of it"

Ba-dum-dah-ching!
-I'll be here all week.

*Not that it matters in best show ref. Nothing could be better then the last Rome. OMG, so good.

**Way better then Gray's [I'm such a looooser, I replaced the first season of Boston Legal a show thatís TEN times as good as I am, and I'm basically just a soap on during prime time] Anatomy. I think I watch to much TV.

*** Havenít seen it yet

diopter
I voted for Smmenen!
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 11:42:48 pm »

Great report! Always love seeing Ichorid tech.

Is Feinstein on the left or right?
Dxfiler
Full Members
Basic User

OHH YEAHHHH!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 04:07:34 am »

The person who looks like a carbon copy of the undertaker...

is NOT ME Razz

- Dave Feinstein

Die Hard Games is at a NEW LOCATION!

101 Higginson Ave #111
Lincoln, RI 02865
(401)312-3407

Our store is now twice as big and we always have something going on Very Happy

DHGRI.com and Facebook.com/DHGRI
ashiXIII
Basic User

ashiXIII@hotmail.com ashiXIII
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 07:05:13 am »

is NOT ME Razz

- Dave Feinstein

You just look like a zombie with the inability to move your arms.

...That's seriously a bad pic.
T00L
Basic User

Has Been

TOOLundertow46n2
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 01:53:24 pm »

rofl there is a good pic of feinstein? <3<3<3

I like my Magic decks like I like my relationships. Abusive.

Team GGs: We welcome all types of degeneracy!
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 02:39:45 pm »

is NOT ME Razz

- Dave Feinstein

u r so hawt

Join the Vintage League!
Tobi
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Combo-Sau

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 05:04:26 pm »

is NOT ME Razz

- Dave Feinstein

No, this is not Dave Feinstein. This looks more like an undead Indiana Jones.
Dave looks more like Chock Norris or something...  Wink

2b || !2b
Nefarias
Full Members
Basic User

NefariasAndy
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 05:15:19 pm »

rofl there is a good pic of feinstein? <3<3<3

Nope

Team GG's

Quote from: Young Jeezy
This will be the realest shit you ever quote
Dxfiler
Full Members
Basic User

OHH YEAHHHH!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 05:27:09 pm »

I prefer to remain in the shadows and do not like where this thread is heading!

Not everyone is born with a million dollar smile!

: - (

- Dave Feinstein (crying behind a mask)

Die Hard Games is at a NEW LOCATION!

101 Higginson Ave #111
Lincoln, RI 02865
(401)312-3407

Our store is now twice as big and we always have something going on Very Happy

DHGRI.com and Facebook.com/DHGRI
nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 08:30:43 pm »

give me time, I think I have video somewhere...

TheDeadMan
Basic User

Chokeslam Tombstone Lastride Choose Your Fate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 06:11:05 am »

No, this is not Dave Feinstein. This looks more like an undead Indiana Jones.
Dave looks more like Chock Norris or something...

Last I checked indiana jones wore a fedora, regualar leather gloves and a leather coat.

VS

gg sir
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 07:19:49 am by TheDeadMan » Logged

The Dead Will Rise..... Rest In Peace
Tobi
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Combo-Sau

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 02:28:22 pm »

I prefer to remain in the shadows and do not like where this thread is heading!

Not everyone is born with a million dollar smile!

: - (

- Dave Feinstein (crying behind a mask)

It has to be reminded that while million dollar smiles do not win vintage tournaments, Dave Feinstein does!

Therefore I have to revive an only TMD tradition and claim:

TO DAVE FEINSTEIN!

Cool

2b || !2b
Samite Healer
Highlander Master
Full Members
Basic User

Samite+Healer
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 04:48:05 am »

I have actually toasted to Dave Feinstein in 8 countries and 17 states!  No shadows for you!

Proud member of the Vintage Avante-Garde

A work in progress: www.PeasantHighlander.com
Tobi
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Combo-Sau

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 06:00:03 am »

TO JACOB ORLOVE!

OMG! This was originally a Feinstein toast, but got modified in some magical way...  Wink

2b || !2b
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: