TheManaDrain.com
September 21, 2020, 06:30:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGO to get a Classic Set!  (Read 79988 times)
Zherbus
Administrator
Basic User

FatherHell
View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2007, 10:05:49 pm »

Worth announced MED2, which includes at least the 10 duals, is slated for 12-18 months from now.

Weatherlight is coming in December. Tempest, which will be the real Classic-shaker-upper, will be sometime in 08. Sadly, he speculated we wouldn't get Stronghold and Exodus until 09.

In short, don't hold your breath for Urza's Saga.

Founder, Admin of TheManaDrain.com

Team Meandeck: Because Noble Panther Decks Keeper
SpencerForHire
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2007, 02:38:33 am »

So now with the release of MED, what does everyone playing think?  Was the set worth it?  Is it a waste of money in your opinion?  How is drafting it?  How about drafting it with Tenth edition? 

I'm interested to hear some other opinions..  I for one love the set, love drafting it by itself and am sort of wary of adding Xed into the mix for fear of cheapening the Nostalgia.

Team Technology - Strictly better than our previous name.
Tash
Basic User

Legacy-Aholic

Tashson
View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2007, 05:54:29 am »

I'm going to go as far to say that ME is a lot of fun to draft, and more fun to play. Although, the rounds take forever. Unless you drafted one of those aggro decks, in that case, your round is over quickly, and you get to have a grand old time waiting for everyone else to finish.

I'm going to go as far as to say that Red is probably the best color in the set, and will agree with Spence in saying that black is overdrafted, even though he didn't specifically say it on here.

I think the most surreal thing is when a complete stranger you meet at a tournament hears your name and goes "Oh, yeah. I've read your stuff." It's kind of weird, yet feels good all at the same time.
Ambitious
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2007, 09:13:25 am »

I'm finding that Master's Edition is better than I thought it would be.  Ivory Tower is especially fun to play.  (I have it in the sideboard of my Landstill deck.)

I don't care much for drafting it, though.

Magic: The Gathering Rules Advisor.

Active and moderately successful Magic Online Classic player as Javasci; member of clan The Mana Drain.
SpencerForHire
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2007, 01:35:22 pm »

Overview:

Red - The strongest color.  Gives you such bombs as lightning bolt and brother's of flame.
Blue - Almost as strong, way more explosive bombs way less consistent bombs.
Black -  Ridiculous counts of removal.  Some nice creatures to back it up.  Way too overplayed.
Green - Big beats and two nice removal cards (roots and Tornado)
White - Very strong against black, some nice bombs.  On the weaker side like green.

Team Technology - Strictly better than our previous name.
Zherbus
Administrator
Basic User

FatherHell
View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2007, 09:22:03 am »

Now that things have had a chance to take hold, there are a lot more similiarities to Legacy.

I would say Landstill and Red Thresh are the best decks right now. The overall field is dominated by Red Thresh and red-based aggro, everything from Stupid Red Burn to Boros to Zoo. Combo is a bit crippled now as Tendrils doesn't have the speed required to always race aggro or the resiliance to always beat Thresh or Landstill. Black-based decks are really popular as well. Some people are smart and splash for green and/or white, while other attempt mono-black, despite there being little non-basic land hate.

Founder, Admin of TheManaDrain.com

Team Meandeck: Because Noble Panther Decks Keeper
zimagic
Basic User

zimagic
View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2008, 10:24:29 am »

Keeping all the ME on MTGO in the same thread:

http://puremtgo.com/articledisplay.asp?AID=1186

At least 5 duals, Imperial Seal, Mana Crypt

Edit: Spelling

Insert Quote here
Chill79
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2011, 12:17:56 pm »

So everybody sign up who plays classic on MODO:

http://puremtgo.com/articles/classic-league-goodbye-season-1-hello-season-2

Collecting Pygmy Razorbacks: 446 total(17*AP,47*Foil,382regular)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: