TheManaDrain.com
October 17, 2018, 10:57:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Your Game On 3-Day event- Draft/Legacy/Vintage May 21-23 Ann Arbor Mi  (Read 508 times)
GYGO
Basic User

We Ride!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 03, 2010, 02:54:44 pm »

You were there for the Apocalyptic party.
The Catastrphic Party.
The Bonanza.
The Shindig.
The Last Ride.
You came and brawled in our 50-man EDH battle[/B]. You represented. And one of you conquered. You did it all to say goodbye to one of the greatest counterboys to ever Ride.

It's time for the world to end again.
JOIN US AS WE HERALD THE RETURN OF LEGENDARY COUNTERBOY DYLAN IMRE!!!![/B]

This is it! You've been waiting for an event of this magnitude since you started playing this game- Join the counterboys LIVE![/B] as we host the biggest event in our store's history to welcome back Dylan from his "learning" in Arizona!!! For three days the tables will rumble, the foundations will shake, and the skies will be torn asunder!

Whats the line-up for this cataclysm? There are no words for this.

Friday (5/21)
Friday Night Magic - ($15) Booster Draft using Rise of the Eldrazi
First Place: 4x Foil Ęther Vial - ON TOP OF our standard awesome prize pool. (Pay out based on attendance)

Saturday (5/22)
Legacy Constructed Tournament - ($25)
First Place: 4x Tarmogoyf
Second Place: 4x Mox Diamond
Third & Fourth Place: 2x Wasteland each
Fifth-Eighth Place: 1x Lion's Eye Diamond each

Rise of the Eldrazi Game Day - Standard Constructed - ($10)
First Place: Deathless Angel full art foil Promo card + Store Credit based on attendance
Second-Eighth Place: Store Credit based on attendance
All entrants will receive a full art Staggershock promo

Too sissy for you? Fine. Power up.

Sunday (5/23)
10 Proxy Vintage Constructed Tournament - ($25)
First Place: Mox Sapphire (Unlimited)
Second Place: From the Vault: Relics (IOU for redemption upon release) or 2x Jace: the Mindsculptor
Third & Fourth Place: 4x Dark Confidant or 4x Chalice of the Void
Fifth - Eighth Place: 1x Tolarian Academy each

Your world end early?? Don't worry about it.
10 Proxy Vintage Constructed Side-Event - ($15)
~ After round 4 we will be taking sign ups for this event. Players who registered and played in the main event get to jam in this one- free!
First Place: Italian Mana Drain
Second Place: You got eliminated, go home.

Every night at close, the party doesn't stop! Join the counterboys as we hit the Packard Pub, Arbor Brewing Company, and other Ann Arbor hot-spots to bring Dylan home right! Food, drinks and counterboys- What more could you ask for?

Coming from out of town? Let us know so we can help you find hotels and transportation as best we can!

Be our friend on Facebook!- Find out about fan-exclusive discounts and invitation only tournaments! Make your friends jealous!

Find us with this treasure map!

Don't be shy- we love getting phone numbers. Here's ours.  (734)786-3746

~ The 4 Ride Again ~

EDIT** LINK'S FIXED
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:24:27 pm by GYGO » Logged
Yare
Zealot
Full Members
Basic User

Playing to win

Yare116
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 03:47:32 pm »

Address for this tournament?
GYGO
Basic User

We Ride!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:52:41 pm »

709 Packard Rd
Ann Arbor Michigan 48014

The link at the bottom of the page under "Treasure Map" should get you a google map and directions if you need it.
Yare
Zealot
Full Members
Basic User

Playing to win

Yare116
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 03:54:28 pm »

709 Packard Rd
Ann Arbor Michigan 48014

The link at the bottom of the page under "Treasure Map" should get you a google map and directions if you need it.

Edit: All the links in the announcement are broken.
M.Solymossy
Restricted Posting
Basic User

Sphinx of The Steel Wind

MikeSolymossy
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 05:24:48 pm »

15 for a 10 man side event where first is a mana drain and second goes home is somewhat steep.  I understand you need to make your money somewhere, but I'd recommend going to $10 with this, as it still gives you a decent margin.

~Team Meandeck~

Vintage will continue to be awful until Time Vault is banned from existance.
Yare
Zealot
Full Members
Basic User

Playing to win

Yare116
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 05:50:09 pm »

15 for a 10 man side event where first is a mana drain and second goes home is somewhat steep.  I understand you need to make your money somewhere, but I'd recommend going to $10 with this, as it still gives you a decent margin.

The announcement says that players that registered for and played in the main event "get to jam in this one - free" so I think the side event is free for most everybody that would be coming to this event.
GYGO
Basic User

We Ride!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 06:08:36 pm »

We set the side event up with anybody having bad breaks in the main event in mind.  Like it says, free entry for anybody that played in the main event, maybe you can still walk off with something sweet.  We originally were going to give up the Mana Drain to the highest placing "un-powered" deck, but then decided that we would allow 10 Proxies, so we scrapped that plan, but still really wanted to give it up. We're not looking to make much on the side event, we just know people car-pool together and some do well, others hit the bad beat & either way they might have to stick around.  This is just a little something for them to go home with

Serious thanks for the thoughts man.
jtwilkins
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 07:51:31 pm »

Getting hyped. Going to be a rumble in the A2 Jungle.
If anyone needs any advice on where to stay, eat or drink just drop a line and I can try and help.
Mr. Scragglesworthington
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 03:11:44 pm »

I flew solo up to Ann Arbor, hung out with a bunch of my Team Serious buddies, made top 8 with a 2-0-2 record, had a great time, and got some loot to boot!   Very Happy  Thanks to Get Your Game On for holding this, and honoring prize support even with such a low turnout.

Paul won the Sapphire (congrats again).

Top 8 was almost a complete Team Serious lockout.  Only non-serious guy was the dude who took 2nd, Duane (I hope I spelled it right!).

As alluded, only 17 people showed,   And again, I made top 8 winning my first 2 Swiss rounds and then ID'ing the last 2.  That's just not right.  More weak-spined sissies need to "man up" and come out next time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: