TheManaDrain.com
January 25, 2020, 07:14:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Comm] Collective Voyage  (Read 1473 times)
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Exile Ancestral and turn Tiago sideways.

ambivalentduck ambivalentduck ambivalentduck
View Profile
« on: June 07, 2011, 08:44:47 am »

Quote from: MTGSalvation
Sorcery
G
Join Forces - Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of mana. Each player may search his or her library for up to X Basic land cards, where X is the total amount of mana paid this way, puts them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffles his or her library.

This seems like a potent early answer to the color Brown.  You pay X mana and get X-1 basic lands to show for it.  They get no benefit from the card, and you've negated their spheres and permanent count advantage strategies.

It's not for every deck, but it doesn't seem awful or unplayable.

A link to the GitHub project where I store all of my Cockatrice decks.
Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Any interest in putting together/maintaining a Github Git project that hosts proven decks of all major archetypes and documents their changes over time?
Klep
OMG I'M KLEP!
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:10:09 am »

When do you expect to play this card?  Before or after they start playing Spheres and Golems?  And if you can play it after for an appreciable value, do you really need it anymore?

So I suppose I should take The Fringe back out of my sig now...
DubDub
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:20:14 am »

Dodges chalice @1.  Sees no play.  I would not expect the MUD opponent to help you out much with the Join Forces mechanic, so Frontiers is just about strictly better.

Vintage is a lovely format, it's too bad so few people can play because the supply of power is so small.

Chess really changed when they decided to stop making Queens and Bishops.  I'm just glad I got my copies before the prices went crazy.
Joblin Velder
Basic User

Useless casual

ninjabot7000@hotmail.com CountRockula999
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 11:08:35 am »

/sad horns.

On the other hand, my wife's Pheldagif EDH deck will love it!

Team Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday: I will pee all over myself then we'll see who will end up looking bad.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: