TheManaDrain.com
August 19, 2019, 12:40:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: [Deck Discussion] Fatestitcher Dredge  (Read 20961 times)
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2015, 09:16:56 am »

I agree you don't want to be all in on Darkblast, but the cost in terms of deck space is so low to run it since its a dredger that 3 copies is a must.  I don't really understand having them out of the board for this reason.  It should be a pretty easy swap with your 2 main deck gemstone/cities.

I personally like the idea of Abrupt Decay as the secondary answer because its uncounterable, and hits cage/rest in peace as well.  This would require more dakmors to hit the double mana, but this another low design cost card since its also a dredger, and an exceptional card against shops games 1 through 3.

I'm glad it all worked out for you though!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:19:34 am by vaughnbros » Logged
Tammit67
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2015, 02:44:20 pm »

I agree you don't want to be all in on Darkblast, but the cost in terms of deck space is so low to run it since its a dredger that 3 copies is a must.  I don't really understand having them out of the board for this reason.  It should be a pretty easy swap with your 2 main deck gemstone/cities.

I personally like the idea of Abrupt Decay as the secondary answer because its uncounterable, and hits cage/rest in peace as well.  This would require more dakmors to hit the double mana, but this another low design cost card since its also a dredger, and an exceptional card against shops games 1 through 3.

I'm glad it all worked out for you though!

Even with the extra lands, I'm having issues casting Nature's claim against shops, I don't know how the hell I'm casting abrupt decay. Serenity is similarly difficult but at least hits everything ever.

The extra lands themselves have been awesome, increasing my chances against the number of shops in my meta while enabling bloodghast/fatestitcher more reliably.

I certainly need more practice against priest postboard. My one game in the swiss it tripped me up I had a hardcast creature in play to generate the tokens to therapy away the counterspells only to get hit the next turn by a topdecked snapcaster into misstep. As for rest in peace, at least they need 2WW to lock me down and that's only really a consideration out of pure mentor decks. Gifts/bomberman won't be running it right?

Slots to test against priest: Contagion, Murderous Cut, Sudden Shock, Decay, Firestorm.

Matthew Bevenour
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2015, 02:59:33 pm »

You still only have 11 mana sources so that's not actually surprising.  Adding sapphire, jet, lotus might be a good idea especially since you are playing fatestitchers.  Also a 2nd and 3rd dakmor can help.  With extra dakmors you will never miss a bloodghast trigger or land drop game 1.  The other biggie is urborg.  I haven't had issues casting spells against shops since those changes.
jyuj
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2015, 11:51:17 am »

Hey for a new pilot, which build would you say is easier to play? (The humans one, or the build you are teching?)

Could you switch out the Ignot Chewer main for Leyline of the Void?

:{}+_+{}://|_|   Now no one wins!
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2015, 12:08:39 pm »

Hey for a new pilot, which build would you say is easier to play? (The humans one, or the build you are teching?)

Traditional dredge is easier to play.  Leyline of the void is not good, I'm not sure what you want it for.  The only match up its good in is the mirror, and there are better cards even for that match up, like wasteland and elesh norn.
Tammit67
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2015, 12:49:38 pm »

I love chewer so I'm going to stick with them for now. I'm still learning the deck so i don't feel adequate giving advice beyond good luck!

Matthew Bevenour
AliFromBaghdad
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2015, 02:37:06 pm »

Nice to see dredge can still do well at a big tournament.

Do u consider Engineered Explosive to combat the hate? It is an old and versatile tech, I am not sure if it works nowadays.
Tammit67
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2015, 04:13:36 pm »

Nice to see dredge can still do well at a big tournament.

Do u consider Engineered Explosive to combat the hate? It is an old and versatile tech, I am not sure if it works nowadays.

I have not considered it as it takes 2 turns to deal with anything and requires it to be drawn Not sure if the versatility is worth it

Matthew Bevenour
Samoht
Adepts
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2015, 09:49:36 am »

Leyline stops Will, Crucible, and Delve cards in addition to the mirror. Not that any of those are necessarily a problem, but they do get turned off by Leyline pretty well.

Char? Char you! I like the play.
-Randy Bueller

I swear I'll burn the city down to show you the light.

The best part of believe is the lie
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2015, 11:10:09 am »

Im honestly not a big fan of dredge but its not gonna stop me from trying to help those in need. I personally would consider Dismember over most of the kill cards mentioned as it can kill Priest Lodestone Mentor and Forgemaster all for one mana and some (most times) irrelevant life. Hope it helps.

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
Tammit67
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2015, 12:27:42 pm »

Im honestly not a big fan of dredge but its not gonna stop me from trying to help those in need. I personally would consider Dismember over most of the kill cards mentioned as it can kill Priest Lodestone Mentor and Forgemaster all for one mana and some (most times) irrelevant life. Hope it helps.

So can Murderous cut without paying life while delving past spheres.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:31:21 pm by Tammit67 » Logged

Matthew Bevenour
Samoht
Adepts
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2015, 12:40:24 pm »

So can Murderous cut without paying life and delving past spheres.

QFT, was going to post the exact same thing. Delving past Sphere/LSG is way bigger.

Char? Char you! I like the play.
-Randy Bueller

I swear I'll burn the city down to show you the light.

The best part of believe is the lie
AliFromBaghdad
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2015, 04:10:12 pm »

Maybe the new card from the upcoming set can also be taken into consideration?

R  Instant deal 4 damages to target blue or white creature and cannot be countered.

The comback compared to murderous cut is that u cannot use your dakmor to cast it.

Also I'd like know if u always side out the fatesticher and dread return package post board?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 04:15:25 pm by AliFromBaghdad » Logged
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2015, 06:29:51 pm »

cut does nothing without a grave. Not saying its often but with leyline rip and crypt growing in use its not unheard of.

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
Tammit67
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2015, 11:00:55 pm »

cut does nothing without a grave. Not saying its often but with leyline rip and crypt growing in use its not unheard of.

If they have double hate I'm sad anyway. But your point isn't irrelevant.

I typically side out speed postboard, maybe leaving in a sticher and a dread return for value depending on what I want to cut

Matthew Bevenour
AliFromBaghdad
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2015, 01:55:06 am »

I just played my first vintage daily on mtgo with 3-1, which made me really happy. I am relatively both new to piloting dredge and playing on mtgo (although I have the deck in paper, I only played it once or twice due to no vintage event at my local store). I play a very similar decklist as Tarmmit's except some minor tweaks. During the test before the daily, containment priest is really hard to deal with darkblast they always have counters to stop you from double blasting. I replace the darkblast in sb with murderous cut but have got any result yet. Also I found testing vintage on mtgo may have some drawback, a guy who played me before the daily dropped a turn one meddling mage game one blindly naming cabal therapy and I almost lost this game...

Here is the mini report:
2:0 4c cobra gush aggro. I almost lost game one because I could‘nt cast therapy and had only two narcomoeba and no second land with only bloodghast in gy. In a critical turn, I decided not to dredge but to draw, I got a city and brought my 4 bloodghast back.

1:2 Dredge Mirror. he did not mulligan and had both leyline and bazaar in both game two and three.

2:0 Workshop. Game two I dealt his turn one cage with nature claim. I managed to win the game under his turn-two tabernacle with my 4 bloodghast and a lichorid, also I did not dredge then just drew more lands to got through it.

2:1 UR control. I never knew this kind of deck which is mainly blue-based with chalice package. Game three is interesting, he cast magus of moon when I had nothing on board. Next turn my brought ichorid back, attacked and then discarded his propoganda(I lost game two due to it) with therapy. He still held a ravenous trap but drew nothing in the next two turns. I just drew and evoked an ingot chewer for his mox, and then the game was between my 2 zombies and his magus. It was wierd but he couldn't deal with my 2 zombies. Finally he drew an useless cage and conceded.
Tammit67
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2015, 04:23:43 pm »

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=394663

Seems like a better answer than murderous cut if priest is your only real concern.

Matthew Bevenour
AliFromBaghdad
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2015, 01:03:49 pm »

I just mentioned this card before in this thread. Yesterday I played another daily, lost to dredge again and did not meet any containment priest.
Tammit67
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »

10th place out of 150 at NYSE

Fatestitcher Dredge:
4 Bazaar of Baghdad
4 Mana Confluence
4 Undiscovered Paradise
2 City of Brass
1 Dakmor Salvage

4 Serum Powder

4 Golgari Grave-troll
4 Stinkweed Imp
2 Golgari Thug
1 Darkblast

4 Narcomoeba
4 Bloodghast
3 Ichorid

4 Cabal Therapy
4 Bridge from Below
3 Dread Return

2 Fatestitcher
1 Sun Titan
1 Flamekin Zealot
4 Ingot Chewer

SB:
4 Nature's claim
4 Rending Volley
4 Chain of vapor
2 Serenity
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite

Didn't touch the chains all day, main deck chewers were fantastic. The dredge pilot who won the event was running petrified fields, leyline of the void, and Elesh norn main instead of a fatestitcher package with chewers.

Rending volley was ok. For the most part, I beat containment priest not by removing it and more by dredging and casting Thugs (saccing them to therapy) to recur chewers or narcs to slowly amass zombies. I won a decent number of games with priest and/or cage on my opponent's side of the field, but despite that I'd still want volley as assurance.

I didn't play against shops at all today, which was a first. I played against delver, delver (loss), landstill, bug fish, esper control, landstill (loss), more landstill, then 5c storm. First place was also dredge to my knowledge with a completely different philosophy for his maindeck, check out his list as well when they get posted

Matthew Bevenour
inkmothnexus
Basic User

Dredge Guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2015, 10:39:08 am »

I was first place. My list, reposted here for convenience, although it isn't fatesticher dredge:

4 Undiscovered Paradise
4 City of Brass
4 Petrified Field
4 Bazaar of Baghdad
1 Dakmor Salvage
4 Serum Powder

4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Bloodghast
4 Ichorid
4 Narcomoeba
3 Golgari Thug
1 Flame-Kin Zealot
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite

4 Cabal Therapy
4 Bridge from Below
4 Leyline of the Void
2 Dread Return

Sideboard:
3 Wispmare
4 Nature’s Claim
4 Ingot Chewer
4 Sudden Shock

Sullivan Brophy

NYSE III champion, vintage champs 2015 top 4.
jimmycolorado
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2015, 01:20:39 pm »

It looks like Rich Shay gave inkmothnexus's/Brophy's list a spin in a daily and 4-0'd it

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/303136 (pretty sure The Atog Lord is Rich Shay)

I used to play Fatestitcher Dredge but converted my list to Brophy's build after NYSE III. Love at first site really. I can't explain it, but I had such a hard time making SB decisions playing my older build, which now seem obvious. In a Shops-heavy meta (or one that's really Wasteland happy), this new iteration has a very favorable matchup. Post-board, the deck has enough mana to cast hate cards through all the spheres.

However, I still get blown out by Gush Storm haha. If they have it, you're probably in trouble. The non-cage GY hate I've run into was also varied enough that I was considering turning the Wispmare's into Leyline of Sanctity. Turns off Tormod's Crypt, Ravenous Trap, Nihil Spellbomb, Bojuka Bog (that one surprised me), and the usual storm wincons (as well as Oath of Druids, no?).

Anyway, really fun list.
inkmothnexus
Basic User

Dredge Guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2015, 02:09:34 pm »

Glad others like the list. When accounted for the fact that you see them in preboard games, wasteland/strip mine are more commonly played than any other hate except maybe cage. running 4x chewer but 0x field in the main seemed backwards to me.

yeah, storm is a problem due to the list not having the speed of a pair of fatestitchers or the marginal protection of mental misstep. You can consistently have them turn 3 dead or therapied out, but that's not fast enough all the time. Leyline of the void definitely helps, due to shutting down yawgwin lines and making cards no longer available for doomsday piles.

Leyline of sanctity definitely sounds interesting, although I have an aversion to counter-hate that only works preemptively, like it, unmask, and misstep, due to being bad at dealing with resolved hate when you're drawing 3 cards a turn to find your out. Slowrolling through crypt effects is how you beat them usually, although trap is almost always a beating. bog from the hand is worse than crypt due to not being able to hold it open, but if they crop rotted or knighted for it or something it's equivalent to trap.

Sullivan Brophy

jamestosetti
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2015, 11:34:33 pm »

After watching the NYSE finals and seeing the deck list online, I decided to give the list a try. It is such an interesting list to play and is definitely a great build. The main deck Leyline of the Voids are such a good turn zero option against Dig Through Time decks, Dredge, and anything that wins though the graveyard.  I was also surprised how effective this list is against Shops.

I do have some questions about side boarding. What matches does Sudden Shock come in? Does Serum Powder ever get sided out? I was thinking maybe when the deck is on the draw it could come out because a dredger can be discarded. Are there any matches where Leyline of the Void comes out?
jimmycolorado
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2015, 10:50:22 am »

inkmothnexus and other Dredge players more experienced than myself can give you a better breakdown, but I would bring in Sudden Shock against Mentor/Pyromancer and anyone you suspect siding in Yixlid Jailer against you. I've been trying Murderous Cut and Contagion, and they've both been OK, but what I find myself needing more often than most is something like Swords to Plowshares that can get rid of a 3+ toughness threat while also RFGing the creature so my Bridges don't get sacked. (I've also discovered in playtesting that the deck is soft to a Tinkered/Foregemastered Colossus haha.) StP has a hole in its swing against Misstep, but hopefully the oppo sides those out when playing against Dredge.

I personally have never sided out Serum Powders. I rarely keep hands without Bazaar, as it's just way too important for the deck's strategy. Others may disagree. I side out the Leylines and the DR package against Shops, siding in the Chewers and Claims. Shops usually isn't going to turn 1 or turn 2 you, so we're all in it for the long con. Versus storm I tried siding out the Petrified Fields, which I think is right (they're not taxing us, and maybe, maybe have a Stripmine coming in from the side), but their hate is usually of the "exile the GY" kind, and I haven't mastered the "slow roll Dredge" to get around it. This is why I'm interested in Leyline of Sanctity.

I will say, sideboarding has been a constant issue whenever I've played Dredge and I'd like to talk about it more. Let's face it, it's a combo deck with a pretty narrow focus: it's tough to figure out what cards to swap for what without ruining the deck (this was my experience with the Fatestitcher/Mental Misstep/Unmask builds). Playing inkmothnexus's list was the first time SBing seemed obvious to me, like listening to a song 1000 times, only to finally figure out what the lyrics mean on the 1001st haha.
Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2015, 12:41:41 pm »

inkmothnexus and other Dredge players more experienced than myself can give you a better breakdown, but I would bring in Sudden Shock against Mentor/Pyromancer and anyone you suspect siding in Yixlid Jailer against you. I've been trying Murderous Cut and Contagion, and they've both been OK, but what I find myself needing more often than most is something like Swords to Plowshares that can get rid of a 3+ toughness threat while also RFGing the creature so my Bridges don't get sacked. (I've also discovered in playtesting that the deck is soft to a Tinkered/Foregemastered Colossus haha.) StP has a hole in its swing against Misstep, but hopefully the oppo sides those out when playing against Dredge.

I personally have never sided out Serum Powders. I rarely keep hands without Bazaar, as it's just way too important for the deck's strategy. Others may disagree. I side out the Leylines and the DR package against Shops, siding in the Chewers and Claims. Shops usually isn't going to turn 1 or turn 2 you, so we're all in it for the long con. Versus storm I tried siding out the Petrified Fields, which I think is right (they're not taxing us, and maybe, maybe have a Stripmine coming in from the side), but their hate is usually of the "exile the GY" kind, and I haven't mastered the "slow roll Dredge" to get around it. This is why I'm interested in Leyline of Sanctity.

I will say, sideboarding has been a constant issue whenever I've played Dredge and I'd like to talk about it more. Let's face it, it's a combo deck with a pretty narrow focus: it's tough to figure out what cards to swap for what without ruining the deck (this was my experience with the Fatestitcher/Mental Misstep/Unmask builds). Playing inkmothnexus's list was the first time SBing seemed obvious to me, like listening to a song 1000 times, only to finally figure out what the lyrics mean on the 1001st haha.

Pretty sure the Sudden Shocks are mainly used to off Containment Priests. Priests are faaaaaar more played these days than Yixlid Jailer. People seem to not acknowledge this fully yet and I don't get why. Even non-mentor lists are splashing white in part for the 2/2 Flashing bear.

-Storm

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
jamestosetti
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2015, 07:33:13 pm »

I've been siding out Serum Powder on the Draw against Shops. The list with Petrified Field is so good against them that going to eight cards and discarding a dredger eot has been adequate. I keep in the Dread Returns against Shops because Elesh Norn is almost game ending in itself. I've taken out one Sudden Shock and one Wispmare and added two Chain of Vapors to the side board. After about 10 matches over some period of time I realized that it was not all that uncommon to find myself facing down a threat I could not deal with.

I'm glad that you brought up Containment Priest Stormanamagus. I think I have had the card flashed in against me while playing Dredge one time. I am seeing the card more and more while using other decks. Its almost alarming how many people are not prepared to play against Dredge. I never play decks that have less than six cards in the side board for it because I think it is too good to be played at under 7 to 8 percent of the field, and it has a good chance at good finishes. That means if I do well, it would be probably that I would face Dredge.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:49:45 am by jamestosetti » Logged
inkmothnexus
Basic User

Dredge Guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2015, 11:49:43 pm »

jamestosetti:

leylines have other functions than those you listed. they protect bridges from everything except tokens dying(pyro,mentor,batterskull), turn off crucible, and stops salvagers+spellbomb/crypt from locking us.
Sudden shock is for any deck you suspect of boarding priest or jailer. boarding it in to value kill pyros or whatever isn't worth it.
I never board powders out, doing everything we can to be able to find a bazaar(short of playing crop rotation) is important. Even if keepable non-bazaar 7s exist, which I distrust due to them seeming soft to stuff like relic, powder being there lets you powder away the sevens that aren't those.
leyline comes out a decent amount of the time. It is rarely completely dead, but not always worth keeping in. obviously keep them for the mirror, bomberman, storm, frobots. I find keeping some number in against shops to protect bridges and turn off crucible also pretty real.
I'm not sure how I feel about chain anymore. the card doesn't effectively answer priest, for one thing, and only having 3 answers to the 10th most sideboard card in vintage doesn't seem like enough. what threats have you been facing you couldn't deal with?
I keep in dread returns against shops, but definitely board out elesh. There's just a nonzero risk of metamorph + removal blowouts happening for dread returning that to be a better idea than just getting chewer every time and saving the slot. fkz itself is also a waste of a slot postboard there.

jimmycolorado:

I wouldn't bring in shocks just for pyro, but seeing as any mentor deck probably has priests in the board you will incidentally shock a mentor sometimes when you know they don't have the priest/you have a backup shock in hand.
You side out the entire dread return package against shops? I agree with siding out dedicated targets like FKZ or elesh due to them either not being guaranteed to do enough, potential metamorph blowouts, and being dead cards, but keeping in dread returns to bring back chewers has always felt very good for me.

stormanimagus:

In practice, they mostly kill priests, but they do kill other things. if they were only for priests, we would probably just play rending volley instead, as it's pretty much better unless they have misdirection and another target. Having the flexibility of also not being dead to jailer, killing the occasional mishra's factory or deathrite shaman, and going to the face are all decent upsides.

Sullivan Brophy

Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2015, 01:53:13 am »

jamestosetti:

leylines have other functions than those you listed. they protect bridges from everything except tokens dying(pyro,mentor,batterskull), turn off crucible, and stops salvagers+spellbomb/crypt from locking us.
Sudden shock is for any deck you suspect of boarding priest or jailer. boarding it in to value kill pyros or whatever isn't worth it.
I never board powders out, doing everything we can to be able to find a bazaar(short of playing crop rotation) is important. Even if keepable non-bazaar 7s exist, which I distrust due to them seeming soft to stuff like relic, powder being there lets you powder away the sevens that aren't those.
leyline comes out a decent amount of the time. It is rarely completely dead, but not always worth keeping in. obviously keep them for the mirror, bomberman, storm, frobots. I find keeping some number in against shops to protect bridges and turn off crucible also pretty real.
I'm not sure how I feel about chain anymore. the card doesn't effectively answer priest, for one thing, and only having 3 answers to the 10th most sideboard card in vintage doesn't seem like enough. what threats have you been facing you couldn't deal with?
I keep in dread returns against shops, but definitely board out elesh. There's just a nonzero risk of metamorph + removal blowouts happening for dread returning that to be a better idea than just getting chewer every time and saving the slot. fkz itself is also a waste of a slot postboard there.

jimmycolorado:

I wouldn't bring in shocks just for pyro, but seeing as any mentor deck probably has priests in the board you will incidentally shock a mentor sometimes when you know they don't have the priest/you have a backup shock in hand.
You side out the entire dread return package against shops? I agree with siding out dedicated targets like FKZ or elesh due to them either not being guaranteed to do enough, potential metamorph blowouts, and being dead cards, but keeping in dread returns to bring back chewers has always felt very good for me.

stormanimagus:

In practice, they mostly kill priests, but they do kill other things. if they were only for priests, we would probably just play rending volley instead, as it's pretty much better unless they have misdirection and another target. Having the flexibility of also not being dead to jailer, killing the occasional mishra's factory or deathrite shaman, and going to the face are all decent upsides.

Well if uncounterability were not an issue than I think the clear winner would be firestorm, but that's just me.

-Storm

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
jimmycolorado
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2015, 09:32:37 am »

For Shops, I've been going -4 Leylines, -DR package, +4 Chewers, +4 Claims, and relying on the free creatures and zombie tokens once I've fought through the cages/crypts. What's also helped is that once Shops knows I'm on Dredge, they tend to keep really marginal hands (the other day, an opponent kept a two Wasteland, no-other-land hand thinking that would get him there. He didn't see another land :/ ).

I never really thought about keeping in the DRs, as I was only planning on casting one or two spells the whole game to get rid of the hate! But DR would be easier to cast through Spheres than the actual hate spells. When I've been absolutely desperate for a Chewer, I've relied on dredging then casting a Golgari Thug, then getting it to die to recur the Chewer back on top of the library. Keeping in the DRs would be faster haha. (As a side note, this is also how I grind past a Containment Priest, but I need Bridges in the yard too.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:32:43 pm by jimmycolorado » Logged
jamestosetti
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2015, 12:04:02 pm »

I understand Leyline can stop Dredge's Bridge From Belows from getting removed. I have been testing matches where I side out Serum Powder and Leyline, but also siding them in if I am on the play or draw. So far, this has proved effective. Game one I can aggressively mulligan for Bazaar if I do not have a dredger, otherwise I will just keep the hand because one dredger in the yard is more than a match for most opponents game one. There is also some percentage of failure to find a Bazaar while taking aggressive mulligans even with Serum Powders. Inkmothnexus, you are not incorrect at all in your strategy, but I am the type of person that looks for solutions to any problem I encounter when I play different decks. I did finally play a game where I used Sudden Shock on a Containment Priest to win. It was also on a hand of seven with no Bazaar where I discarded a dredger. I kept the hand because I had lands, Sudden Shock, and Nature's Claim.

I do have some questions about different builds of Dredge. What versions are good against what fields. I understand the Mana Ichorid, but what about Fatestitcher Dredge? What decks is it good against? Are there still more versions of Dredge that Vintage Playable?

jamestosetti:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: