TheManaDrain.com
February 20, 2019, 07:30:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Night Vintage in Mississauga, Ontario  (Read 1419 times)
Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2011, 08:46:14 pm »

Hi all,

I am hosting the second of what will hopefully be many FNV events at my home in Mississauga on January 13 2011. Below are the event details:

- The format is Vintage
- Start time is 7PM.
- Event will not be sanctioned. Proxy rules as follows: 10 free proxies. $0.50 per proxy beyond 10 up to a maximum of $10. (I.E - Fully proxied deck = $10). Proxies *must* be rented. Players may not bring their own proxies.
- If you wish to rent a proxied deck, a decklist must be provided at least 3 days before the event and prepayment for the event must be made.

- Guaranteed cash prizes for Top 4 (regardless of attendance):

$200 for first
$100 for second
$50 for third/fourth

- Prizes scale with attendance

- $25 entry at the door. $20 in advance by PayPal, E-mail money transfer, or cash. Contact me if you wish to make an early payment. All entries will go towards prizes.
- 20 player maximum (thus a maximum of 5 rounds, plus cut to Top 4 or Top 8, depending on the number of players)
- Decklists required
- BYOB and BYOF permitted
- 3 hour parking available on the street. Parking also available at nearby Plaza (5 min walk).

Please contact me if you wish to reserve your place for the next event. Hope to see the local Vintage players again, and anyone else from abroad who might be in the area! Smile

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." 
- Theodore Roosevelt
Commandant
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »

This seems like a pretty good way to ensure quality proxies at an event for people new to the format while catering to peoples laziness. I hope you get a great turnout.

Quote from: David Ochoa
Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 08:46:51 pm »

This seems like a pretty good way to ensure quality proxies at an event for people new to the format while catering to peoples laziness. I hope you get a great turnout.

Thanks man. We got 16 players last month, and the next event is this Friday. It's been great so far!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." 
- Theodore Roosevelt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: