TheManaDrain.com
September 23, 2020, 09:27:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Secrets of the Dead  (Read 1449 times)
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: January 12, 2012, 01:07:10 am »

Secrets of the Dead 2U
Enchantment    Uncommon
Whenever you cast a spell from your graveyard, draw a card.
"The veil between the living and the dead is so very thin that the whispers of the ancients can finally be heard."
-Amalric of Midvast Hall
Illus. Eytan Zana #48/158   

This seems interesting with snapcasters and cabal therapy's and such.  Maybe could even find a way to be "broken".

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
Bill Copes
Adepts
Basic User

I don't have an avatar. I am an avatar.

zebraturbosled
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:14:36 am »

I'm not sure this is vintage playable at all in any Tier 1 archetype.  It has no immediate effect.  You need to already have it in play before you set up YawgWill/Snapcasters/Cards With flashback.  If you're resolving this as a combo enabler with any of the previously mentioned cards, you've already won/are in good enough position that this card doesn't have that huge of an effect on the game state.  It costs 3, the same casting cost as many a card that have more powerful effects than this by themselves (Tinker, Thirst, Energy Flux, Timetwister, etc).

That being said, this would go wonderfully with Past in Flames, if that were ever to be a vintage deck.

I'm the only other legal target, so I draw 6 cards, and he literally quits Magic. 

Terrorists searching in vain for these powerful weapons have the saying "Bill Copes spitteth, and he taketh away."

Team TMD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: