TheManaDrain.com
July 18, 2019, 12:19:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
  Print  
Author Topic: [PANDEMONIUM] Weekly Tuesday Night Vintage  (Read 62690 times)
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #540 on: June 15, 2015, 11:33:16 am »

You  guys been firing the last few weeks.  Should be in town tomorrow night!

We've had 8 the last two weeks, and a good 10 the week before, so yeah we're doing fine!  Hope to see you tomorrow!

Bill Copes bought me a beer after using the power of his mind to remove all the Bazaars and Serum Powders from my deck in two consecutive games.

Team TMD
"Dice have six sides for a reason.  There is no excitement in surety my friend."
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #541 on: June 23, 2015, 06:56:17 am »

This is it folks, last Tuesday before the epic NYSE showdown! Come out and sling some cards.

Bill Copes bought me a beer after using the power of his mind to remove all the Bazaars and Serum Powders from my deck in two consecutive games.

Team TMD
"Dice have six sides for a reason.  There is no excitement in surety my friend."
TGF
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 07, 2015, 06:22:34 am »

We on for tonight?  Hoping to make it!
mmcgeach
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 07, 2015, 12:49:57 pm »

Its on like donkey kong.  If, as I assume, donkey kong is a thing that is still on.
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #544 on: July 07, 2015, 01:37:49 pm »

Its on like donkey kong.  If, as I assume, donkey kong is a thing that is still on.

I'm ready to rumble in the jungle!  Let's do this!

Team TMD
TheBrassMan
Administrator
Basic User

AndyProbasco
View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 14, 2015, 09:19:53 am »

Is start time still 6:30?

Does anyone have any interest in allowing Magic Origins tonight?

#askingforafriend

Team GGs:  "Be careful what you flash barato, sooner or later we'll bannano"
"Demonic Tutor: it takes you to the Strip Mine Cow."
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #546 on: July 14, 2015, 09:40:02 am »

Start time is still 6:30, I am fine with people playing origins

Team TMD
TheBrassMan
Administrator
Basic User

AndyProbasco
View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 15, 2015, 11:36:47 am »

Had a lot of fun real-life Vintaging last night, solid turnout - was particularly exciting to see another Slivers player. I think the record-based (vs standings-based) prizes was a nice improvement. Looking forward to making it to a few more in the coming two months.

TGF
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2015, 06:21:02 am »

Planning to be there tonight.  Smile
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #549 on: July 28, 2015, 01:16:38 pm »

Hope to see a bunch of people tonight!  I'll be there early with EDH as usual if anyone wants to jam some games.

Team TMD
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #550 on: August 04, 2015, 11:57:13 am »

Need to prepare for Fridays FNM?  What better way than coming and jamming some games tonight!

Team TMD
Rhyst
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #551 on: August 09, 2015, 04:14:00 pm »

Hey guys, I'm in Boston for the rest of the month and will probably head on over this Tuesday to scratch some vintage itch (been mostly playing legacy in JP). I was also wondering if you guys were interested in powered cube drafts at all? Since I moved I have had to build my own cube and am looking for some people to test it out with (hopefully you guys have some patrons who have been left thirsty from MODO cube). I'll have a cube list on me on Tuesday to see if it piques anyone's interest - it's a 720 card all colored proxy with 7/9 power (no lotus or recall). Look forward to meeting you guys!
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #552 on: August 11, 2015, 06:43:13 am »

Vintage is on like Donkey Kong tonight, this is the second to last tuesday even prior to the Vintage Championships, so come and get your practice while you can!

Team TMD
arik124
Basic User

Arik124
View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 12, 2015, 09:30:14 am »

Vintage was great tonight - thanks to the 9 other people that showed up.

I played this:
Qty   Creatures
4 Monastery Mentor
3 Snapcaster Mage
3 Trygon Predator
1 Trinket Mage

Qty   Counterspells
4 Force of Will
3 Mental Misstep
2 Flusterstorm
2 Counterbalance
1 Misdirection

Qty   Draw
2 Dig Through Time
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Brainstorm
1 Ponder
2 Gush
2 Sensei's Diviing Top

Qty   Other
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Time Walk
4 Swords to Plowshares

Qty    Mana
1 Sol Ring
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Jet
3 Flooded Strand
1 Misty Rainforest
2 Windswept Heath
2 Tropical Island
2 Tundra
3 Island
1 Forest
1 Plains

SB:
3 Containment Priest
2 Seal of Primordium
2 Nature's Claim
2 Pithing Needle
3 Rest in Peace
1 Meddling Mage
1 Supreme Verdict
1 Grafdigger's Cage

Beat Merfolk, Smokestack, Oath, and Landstill.  Manabase felt great, sensei's top was an all star, but counterbalance felt a little clunky.

I don't remember anyone ever scooping to a Null Rod...
The same cannot be said of Yawgmoth's Will.
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #554 on: August 18, 2015, 07:18:39 am »

Tonight's the last night to get that sweet sweet vintage testing in before champs this weekend.  Hope to see many many faces there tonight.

Team TMD
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #555 on: August 25, 2015, 10:32:00 am »

Fresh off Eternal Weekend I will be in the shop tonight to continue a marathon of Vintage awesomeness.  Come by and jam some games or just hang out!

Team TMD
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #556 on: August 26, 2015, 06:48:01 am »

Great turnout last night, glad to see some not so regular faces again.

Team TMD
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #557 on: October 05, 2015, 10:47:51 am »

Weekly vintage tonight!  New mulligan rule and B&R changes in effect.  Bring your new brews and lets rock this!

Team TMD
Commandant
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 05, 2015, 11:20:27 am »

Weekly vintage tonight!  New mulligan rule and B&R changes in effect.  Bring your new brews and lets rock this!

Uh. It's Monday.

Quote from: David Ochoa
Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #559 on: October 06, 2015, 06:41:07 am »

More applicable today....

Team TMD
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #560 on: November 04, 2015, 06:52:03 am »

A very sad turn out last night with only 5 players showing up to battle.....

I'm starting to think you guys don't love me any more....

Was it something I said?  Do I smell funny?  Is my face so terrifyingly hideous that you can't bare to look at me?

Team TMD
theruister
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #561 on: November 08, 2015, 05:47:16 pm »

Possible newcomer to the tuesday night scene here. Just wondering how many proxies people consider reasonable for this. I know it's 'unlimited' but wasn't sure if it would be frowned upon to proxy most of the deck at first. I haven't played much vintage, so I'd like to try it out a bit before I start acquiring some of the more expensive stuff. Thanks in advance!
TheBrassMan
Administrator
Basic User

AndyProbasco
View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 08, 2015, 07:29:51 pm »

100% proxies is fine. If you're going to have a lot though, try to put a little effort into making them look nice. Paper color printouts, in a sleeve over junk commons is wonderful, 75 basic lands with sharpied "MOX U" on the card back can get confusing fast if there are a lot in play.

There aren't big prizes on the line, so don't worry too much about card thickness like you'd have to at a larger vintage event.

It's an easygoing, friendly crowd there, you're not going to booted for less-than-perfect proxies, just be considerate of your opponents, and try and make sure they're clear enough to easily tell what's what during the game.

SpottySnowmew
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 09, 2015, 01:24:12 am »

I used 100% proxies for the entire first year I've been going, no problems whatsoever, we're just glad to have people playing.

If you don't want to put the effort into proxying up a deck for your first week or whatnot, I have most of vintage proxied for a cube, so shoot me a message with whatever list you'd like to play and I should be able to bring a proxy version for you if you'd like.
theruister
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #564 on: November 09, 2015, 07:51:54 am »

Awesome! Thanks guys!
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #565 on: November 30, 2015, 09:01:41 am »

Tuesday night vintage is back on this week after the hiatus for last weeks holiday.  Hope to see you all there!

Team TMD
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #566 on: January 04, 2016, 11:17:27 am »

The New Year is upon us, and with it the return of weekly vintage.  I will be back at the shop tomorrow evening to run the event.  Hope to see everyone there ready to go!  I know I have a spicy list ready to roll!

Edit:  Also keep your eyes peeled for something special coming for 2016!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:22:30 am by ErtaiAdept » Logged

Team TMD
EnialisLiadon
Basic User

I like cake.

View Profile Email
« Reply #567 on: January 19, 2016, 03:01:48 pm »

My schedule this semester is much better, so I'm excited for some vintage tonight!
TGF
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 22, 2016, 09:57:46 am »

Awesome turnout.  Already looking forward to next week.  Where everyone will suddenly bring Dredge.
SpottySnowmew
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2016, 04:21:58 pm »

I'll be returning tomorrow as well, looking forward to it Very Happy
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
  Print  

Jump to: