TheManaDrain.com
January 25, 2020, 07:35:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reforge the Soul  (Read 1633 times)
MaximumCDawg
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2012, 11:06:52 pm »

Now, we're talking.  Avacyn Restored gives us a second Draw7:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=408353

Reforge the Soul, 3RR

Sorcery - Rare

Miracle - 1R

Each player discards his/her hand and draws seven cards.

I really like this one, moreso than Temporal Mastery, even.  Mastery requires you to do work to potentially little effect, depending on when you use it.  This one gives you gas, and at a cheap price.  Again, using Sensei's top during your opponent's end step to flush your hand full of new cards, especially if you were out of gas and they were not, seems pretty amazing.  Love it.

EDIT: Doh, scooped by another thread.  Mods, can we merge?
Guli
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 04:25:40 am »

Well, if all these mirale cards will see play, more slots will be filled with card that are above casting cost 3. The more slots the better for Teeg.

That being said, this is really interesting ..., I have tested against the time walk version and that seemed to be working. But that was in a Jace, top, shell. Do Jace control decks want a wheel effect? If not, how are we utilizing this in a combo shell?

AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Exile Ancestral and turn Tiago sideways.

ambivalentduck ambivalentduck ambivalentduck
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 07:50:29 am »

Again, using Sensei's top during your opponent's end step to flush your hand full of new cards, especially if you were out of gas and they were not, seems pretty amazing.
EOT Wheel of Fortune makes it potentially quite a bit better than the original.

A link to the GitHub project where I store all of my Cockatrice decks.
Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Any interest in putting together/maintaining a Github Git project that hosts proven decks of all major archetypes and documents their changes over time?
Worldslayer
Basic User

MobeusCrest
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:09:39 am »

This doesn't go into a "big turn" combo deck, as 5cc is prohibitively high to reuse short of a "bad" enabler like high tide or dream halls. A combo deck more concerned with finding specific pieces more than a specific number of them would benefit more. A deck like 2 card monte or steel city vault would be able to make more use of this than what normally comes to mind when you think of combo (I.e. storm). Goblin welder fits well with this, primarily, as he can benefit from both halfs of the wheel (the bin current hand and draw a new one) rather than just one of the other, and can historically be paired with cards acceptable alongside the miracle mechanic (sdt, jace, brainstorm, etc...)

Why does the bunny have pancakes on its head?
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 12:49:29 pm »

As we've currently got two threads on this card and as this thread was started a few minutes after the first, I have locked this thread.  If you would like to comment on this card, please use the other thread that is currently open for it.

"Iíll break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
Iíll drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: