TheManaDrain.com
September 23, 2019, 04:43:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Duck Weekly Tourney #14  (Read 1348 times)
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Exile Ancestral and turn Tiago sideways.

ambivalentduck ambivalentduck ambivalentduck
View Profile
« on: April 16, 2012, 08:24:32 am »

Hi all!

Avacyn Restored will be legal for this tournament.  Cards must be on the official Wizards spoiler to be playable.

Every week, I'm going to start a 8-player single elimination bracket.  Rules are very similar to the TMD online invitational:
1. Games are played publicly on Cockatrice
2. Players have at most a week to complete each match.
3. Lists must be posted after all round 1 matches are complete.
3a. You cannot change lists between rounds.
3b. You must show your list at the beginning of each match after the first so your opponent can verify against your posted list.
4. Prize is the opportunity to play a featured match against a well-recognized member of the Vintage community.  (Volunteers?)
5. Drops after the bracket is drawn are final.  Nobody can fill that slot.
6. Brackets will be fully randomized.  There will be no preference or "seeds" of any kind.

Registration will be closed once we have 8 people or about a week passes and I remember to draw up a bracket.

Players signed up as of last update:
1. AmbivalentDuck
2. Nataz

First matches must be complete by April 30th.  If all matches complete before then, the next set will be due within a week, and so on.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:29:31 am by AmbivalentDuck » Logged

A link to the GitHub project where I store all of my Cockatrice decks.
Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Any interest in putting together/maintaining a Github Git project that hosts proven decks of all major archetypes and documents their changes over time?
nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:49:31 pm »

in

I will write Peace on your wings
and you will fly around the world
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:30:07 am »

Registration for this tourney closes tonight, when #15 goes up.  I'm trying to get these back on a regular schedule.

Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Any interest in putting together/maintaining a Github Git project that hosts proven decks of all major archetypes and documents their changes over time?
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 12:01:45 pm »

Bracket is...Nataz vs me...exciting.

nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 07:10:03 pm »

duck, you free tonight?

I will write Peace on your wings
and you will fly around the world
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 02:29:38 pm »

Sorry, my TMD has been down.  I'm free tonight.  Looks like we have two matches to play.

AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 09:40:01 pm »

I won 2-1.

Game 1: I incorrectly put him on landstill.  An early mini-Tendrils connects with 4 storm.  I get Necropotence the next turn and draw 10 cards, among them is Doomsday and a draw spell, so I win.

Game 2: I keep a one-land hand on account of a pile of restricted blue spells and Hurkyl's Recall.  I see his hand with Probe and think I'm set.  No.  He topdecks Academy followed by 2x Lodestone.  I die.

Game 3: I rush a Yawgmoth's Will turn 1 after seeing a Cage and 2x Chalice in his opener hand off probe.  This leaves me with Hurkyl's Recall on the top of my deck (from Imperial Seal), an Island, an Emerald, and a Sol Ring in play.  My hand is Mystical Tutor and Laboratory Maniac.  I cast the Maniac next turn and start beating.  He has Sphere and Chalice@1, but I'm sitting pretty on Hurkyl's and tell him as much.  I go on to topdeck Ancestral and Gush while waiting around for him to do something that matters while I stock my hand.  Eventually he tries to cast Chalice@2, but I Hurk in response leaving him with only the Chalice@2.  I Ancestral and find Dark Rit and a U Sea, so I Mystical for Doomsday.  Doomsday with a Gush in hand and Maniac already in play is trivial, and the game ends.

Played well and interactive.

My list:

4 Polluted Delta
3 Misty Rainforest
4 Underground Sea
1 Tropical Island
2 Island
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Lotus Petal
4 Dark Ritual
1 Tendrils of Agony
4 Doomsday
1 Fastbond
1 Yawgmoth's Will
4 Force of Will
4 Flusterstorm
2 Hurkyl's Recall
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
4 Gush
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Preordain
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Imperial Seal
1 Merchant Scroll
1 Laboratory Maniac
1 Necropotence
SB: 2 Steel Sabotage
SB: 1 Hurkyl's Recall
SB: 1 Sol Ring
SB: 1 Mox Emerald
SB: 3 Xantid Swarm
SB: 1 Massacre
SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
SB: 1 Dread of Night
SB: 1 Chain of Vapor

I'm probably over-boarded against Guli.dec.  Engineered Explosives hits a larger variety of matchups while still cutting into hate bears and Wizards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: