TheManaDrain.com
August 19, 2019, 12:55:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Surgical Extraction in Dredge  (Read 4394 times)
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: December 28, 2012, 11:22:48 pm »

I have been thinking, and I think that Surgical Extraction is playable in Dredge. It seems great against the mirror, as well as to remove opponent's hate. What are everyone else's thoughts?

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Winter Grudge Match lV Top 4

Creator of The Mana Drain Vintage League.

Website for The League:

http://tmdvl.github.io

Zombies ate your brains!
TheWhiteDragon
Basic User

ericdm69@hotmail.com MrMiller2033 ericdm696969
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:42:40 pm »

I have been thinking, and I think that Surgical Extraction is playable in Dredge. It seems great against the mirror, as well as to remove opponent's hate. What are everyone else's thoughts?

I don't think it is that great in dredge.

1) Leyline of the void is just better against the mirror.  Extraction is just a speed bump, but an unanswered leyline is gg.  LotV also stops critter deaths from removing your bridges.  It also causes a headache for snapcaster decks and anything that utilizes the grave.  You also have serum powders, so it shouldn't be hard to open with one.

2) You're not going to be countering opponent's hate, and you need to destroy one in play to get it in the grave for extraction to work.  Many time's you'll be bouncing it with chain of vapor anyway, so extraction won't help.  Also, you'd only be hitting one form of hate IF you manage to get one in the grave. 

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: