TheManaDrain.com
January 25, 2020, 07:29:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCD: Theros] Bident of Thassa  (Read 1610 times)
LSD25
Basic User

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:22:26 pm »

2UU
Bident of Thassa
Legendary Enchantment Artifact   Rare
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.
1{U}, {T}: Creatures your opponents control attack this turn if able.
The wills of mortals shift as the tide ebbs and flows.
#42/249

---
seems pretty good for a fishy type deck, although the cost could be a problem at UU. if the ability was target, it could be better, but it does get around hexproof shenanigans.  ive been out of the game for a while, but this piqued my interest.  enchantment makes it susceptible to enchantment hate, which is typically not as numerous as artifact hate.  the legendary type makes it so packing more than 1 is bad, and it being somewhat of a possible draw engine makes that a huge set back.  i dont think this is better than confidant, or selkie/ninja (which sees little/no play).  anyway, didnt see a topic for this card and thought it deserved at least a little discussion, if just to dismiss it as a worse version of a card that exists (im bad at that type of thing).  the fact that it doesnt swing or do anything when it comes into play, and its cost, make it arguably unplayable...  but i want to like it!
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 04:54:36 pm »

it's a coastal piracy with the added ability to siren's call. 

coastal piracy does not see play.

siren's call is not a good effect.

an upgrade or addition to EDH decks already running coastal piracy--Edric decks. 
Saya
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 12:44:05 am »

This is weaker than Piracy because of its vulnerability of artifactness
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: