TheManaDrain.com
September 23, 2020, 08:14:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Serras sanctum  (Read 1470 times)
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: June 05, 2014, 06:48:29 pm »

With the growing number of enchantment creatures and use of other enchantments is serras sanctum a viable one of like tolarian academy? i have seen decks with as low as six to eight artifacts run academy so would a deck with say four spirit of the lab one stony silence one energy flux and maybe a rest in peace or seal of removal or moat or aegis of the gods or maybe some leylines be enough to warrant a serras sanctum? something like the new dance magic dance deck could use it to have that extra mana for an end of turn angel or fact while still leavin mana up to counter a spell? what are your guys thoughts and how many enchantments are needed to make running one or more serras sanctum worth while?

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
evouga
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 06:54:55 pm »

Number of enchantments is only one aspect: you also need them to have sufficiently low mana cost. There are tons of cheap artifacts; less so with useful enchantments. On turn 1, unless you started the game with multiple Leylines, Serra's Sanctum is almost always worse than Plains. By the time you have a bunch of enchantments out like Energy Flux or Moat, you don't need a bunch of white mana.
boxian
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 10:45:29 pm »

Heliod is certainly a strong finisher for some kind of Serra's Sanctum deck where every guy you make gets more mana for you. I'm not sure if you can get there reasonably, however. There is a modern mono white prison enchantment deck that you could try to model after, with Ghostly Prisons and such to stop attacks.

@boxian0 on twitter
boxian on MTGO
Protoaddict
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 10:52:33 pm »

I would probably start with this and see if I could build on it.

4 leyline
4 Spirit of the labyrinth
4 Stony silence
4 Rest in peace
4 Aegis of the gods
4 Eidolon of Rhetoric
X Heliod

1 Mox pearl
1 Black lotus
4 Serras sanctum
4 Wastelands
1 Stripmine
X plains

This is my podcast:

Http://www.fantasticneighborhood.com
Comedy gaming podcast. Listening to it makes you cool.
Grand Inquisitor
Always the play, never the thing
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 11:27:23 pm »

like tolarian academy?

It's not just the cheapness of the artifacts, it's also the color academy produces.  What broken white things are you going to synergize?

There is not a single argument in your post. Just statements that have no meaning. - Guli

It's pretty awesome that I did that - Smmenen
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: