TheManaDrain.com
April 19, 2019, 05:35:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic Online Power Nine Owners  (Read 40517 times)
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #270 on: January 15, 2016, 11:37:21 am »

Black Lotus just hit $160... Sapphire is back up to $70. Amazing

Join the Vintage League!
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2016, 12:14:51 pm »

Yeah, Lotus is up $22.26 this week. Not sure is this is a market correction/buyout or evidence of new players buying in (hope it's the latter).

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/movers/online/vintage

Also, great time to pick up Mirrodin block cards like Chrome Mox, Chalice, and Belcher due to the flashback drafts.

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
Leoj
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2016, 01:27:31 pm »

Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to grab some of those this week.
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2016, 01:32:15 pm »

Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to grab some of those this week.

There is technically a third week since they are doing MMM, MMD, and MDF which puts a ton of mirrodin product in circulation relative to other formats. That said, Legacy cube started and that might provide competition for the flashbacks...which is a shame as Crucibles are pretty expensive.

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
Islandswamp
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

MTGGoldfish Writer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2016, 09:04:24 am »

Yeah, Lotus is up $22.26 this week. Not sure is this is a market correction/buyout or evidence of new players buying in (hope it's the latter).

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/movers/online/vintage

Also, great time to pick up Mirrodin block cards like Chrome Mox, Chalice, and Belcher due to the flashback drafts.

Judging from the fact that I see new names in the queues all the time, I'd say that people are buying in for sure. It's amazing what can happen when a format gets a little bit of promotion.

Between the P9C, VSL, and all of the awesome streamers and content producers people are becoming interested I the format. I'm very happy about it. Since I started playing Vintage I've fallen in love with it so much that I lost all interest in all other formats. So I'm very excited to see the format flourish online.

Check out my articles @ www.mtggoldfish.com  www.puremtgo.com Follow me on Twitter: @josephfiorinijr - Watch me make EPIC PUNTS on Twitch.TV @ http://www.twitch.tv/josephfiorini06

Just like a car crash,
Just like a knife.
My favorite weapon
is the look in your eyes.
You've run out of lies...
fsecco
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2016, 08:24:30 pm »

I sold out last year and almost feel the urge to come back. If I had a computer that ran MTGO better, I'd do it. But the whole experience was so excruciating to me that I can't do it (I have a Mac and had to run MTGO through VirtualBox and it ran very badly).

I'm very happy dailies seem to be firing a lot these days! Congrats to us all!
L0cke17
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #276 on: January 30, 2016, 10:37:22 am »

I remember reading somewhere that you can borrow cards on mtgo. Is there some sort of enforced lending setup, where the person you give your cards has to give them back at a designated time? Or is it just using the trading mechanics and the honor system to enforce the deal?
diophan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2016, 12:10:08 pm »

I remember reading somewhere that you can borrow cards on mtgo. Is there some sort of enforced lending setup, where the person you give your cards has to give them back at a designated time? Or is it just using the trading mechanics and the honor system to enforce the deal?

It's the latter, so only loan cards to someone you trust.
GalacticHitchHiker
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2016, 12:21:26 pm »

It's the same as loaning out paper cards. Make sure it's someone you trust, because they could run off with them and never be seen again.
Princess_Power
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2016, 04:09:26 pm »

I have gotten alot of use out of my MTGO cards. I am very pleased with my decision to buy into the format.

Power 9 Challenge 4 Winner
yugular
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #280 on: February 03, 2016, 06:10:04 am »

I sold out last year and almost feel the urge to come back. If I had a computer that ran MTGO better, I'd do it. But the whole experience was so excruciating to me that I can't do it (I have a Mac and had to run MTGO through VirtualBox and it ran very badly).

Sorry about that. I have the exactly same setup but I have basically never experienced any problems with the setup on three different macs. Guess im lucky.

But seriously I feel wotc should support OS X. I dont see a reason why not to.

I have a pretty big Vintage and Legacy collection. I have loaned cards to two people I know and trust + once for Julian Knab as he needed a playset of Groves for his stream. Every time I have recorded the trade with screencapture software.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:13:25 am by yugular » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: