TheManaDrain.com
December 04, 2021, 06:12:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [DTK] Glint  (Read 2382 times)
Protoaddict
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2015, 12:20:26 pm »

So, this is a strange one to post I think but:

With the amount of creature based decks lately, I think something like this has potential. It is a counterspell against direct removal including abrupt decay, it is a combat trick if you have to block, it can protect a creature against a damage or -x based board sweeper, and it is in the right color.

It is pretty similar to Mizium skin, but the toughness bonus is much better against sweepers and it cannot be misstepped so I thought it may have some potential outside of that. Am I crazy or is this maybe a solid protection option for Mentor decks?

This is my podcast:

Http://www.fantasticneighborhood.com
Comedy gaming podcast. Listening to it makes you cool.
Bill Copes
Adepts
Basic User

I don't have an avatar. I am an avatar.

zebraturbosled
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 12:39:34 pm »

In a distant land, far, far into the unknown, where Misdirection exists . . . there is a man . . . there is a man and he sayeth, "Nay!  I shall not cast what is of optimal use!  Damn ye, spells of extra turns of equal cost!  Damn ye, spells that change targets for free!  With a hexproof umbrella and an insignificant toughness boost, I will protect my beloved babes from decaying abruptly!" With a glint in his eye, the spell was cast . . . only to be misdirected to his opponent's creature.

This card is fucking awful.

I'm the only other legal target, so I draw 6 cards, and he literally quits Magic. 

Terrorists searching in vain for these powerful weapons have the saying "Bill Copes spitteth, and he taketh away."

Team TMD
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

micker01 Micker1985 micker1985
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 12:57:01 pm »

In a distant land, far, far into the unknown, where Misdirection exists . . . there is a man . . . there is a man and he sayeth, "Nay!  I shall not cast what is of optimal use!  Damn ye, spells of extra turns of equal cost!  Damn ye, spells that change targets for free!  With a hexproof umbrella and an insignificant toughness boost, I will protect my beloved babes from decaying abruptly!" With a glint in his eye, the spell was cast . . . only to be misdirected to his opponent's creature.

This card is fucking awful.

Meddling Mike posts so loudly that nobody can get a post in edgewise.

Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Twaun007
Adepts
Basic User

For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi.

Twaun007
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 01:10:27 pm »

I love spoiler season!

This... Right here... Is my new Lambo...

Carpe Librum

You can't ask a bird not to fly!
You can't ask a fish not to swim!
You can't ask a Chinese guy not to turn back into a tiger at midnight!
It's who I am.

Cleveland
Commandant
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 01:12:23 pm »

You crackers be nuts. Pro tip bro, do some Magiccards.info before you give into the urge to post yet another useless SCD thread about a garbage card that a bunch of tryhards on this forum will argue semantics and it's validity in CAVERNHUMANSBOMBEROATH for the weeks to come.

Here, let me intro you to Mizzium Skin. A card you mentioned but failed to realize is superior.

Edit: For more shit talking.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:16:15 pm by Commandant » Logged

Quote from: David Ochoa
Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
MaximumCDawg
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 01:24:34 pm »

Hello!  I'm the guy who posted a thread about a 7 casting cost Tormod's Crypt that might, arguably, maybe, also give you a Planar Portal type effect afterwards.  Even I think Glint is full of poop and fail.  And, I think you know this, Proto, since basically every set since Zendikar has had a way to give creatures shroud/hexproof at instant speed and basically they're ALL better than this hot garbage.

(At least I had the good manners to acknowledge I was making a thread just to pontificate about the effect and I knew the card was bad, sheesh)

EDIT: You know what else?  I was actually making a thread for Silumgar Sorcerer as a possible playable earlier today, but as you can see it didn't go up.  As I was mulling it over and looking at cards like Mystic Snake and  Spellstutter Sprite, and as I continued the analysis, I realized the card was not playable.  So I dumped it and moved on.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:39:22 pm by MaximumCDawg » Logged
BC
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 01:46:06 pm »

Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »