TheManaDrain.com
October 19, 2019, 05:26:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mana Drain League Stream!  (Read 5141 times)
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 08:39:06 am »

So,who won? :p

James had to cancel, but we did get the Maximum vs Ottaway and Matt vs Stormanimagus matches streamed as well.

Brian won 2-0, Maximum won 2-0, Stormanimgus won 2-0... All three were streamed as already stated so the videos sill be up soon.

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Winter Grudge Match lV Top 4

Creator of The Mana Drain Vintage League.

Website for The League:

http://tmdvl.github.io

Zombies ate your brains!
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 06:43:50 pm »

Thank you again Brian! Glad I didn't make a fool of myself past the Duplicant interaction where multiple people missed stuff so I don't feel too bad about that!  Here is the archived stream with annotations in the description so people can skip to the matches they wanna see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bLt-W85DU&feature=youtu.be

Also, we are going to be missing people for next week because of the N.Y.S.E so are people cool with postponing the matches for a week so they can be streamed?  Everyone let me know if that works otherwise we will be picking things back up for tiebreakers and the 10th slot tournament!

Tune in to coverage of The Mana Drain Vintage League! Sundays @ 9est/6pst: www.twitch.tv/hammybone
-Samuel Alaimo-
Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »

Just a note to the commentators: You can't snapcaster a force of will without paying UUU6. That is why snapcaster a force isn't really a play.

-Storm

[Edit- Spoke too soon: You guys caught it Smile]

[Edit 2 - I think I ran 2 Swords in my list]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 08:45:25 pm by Stormanimagus » Logged

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 09:42:49 pm »

Just a note to the commentators: You can't snapcaster a force of will without paying UUU6. That is why snapcaster a force isn't really a play.

-Storm

[Edit- Spoke too soon: You guys caught it Smile]

[Edit 2 - I think I ran 2 Swords in my list]

Boarded up to 2 Swords for G2.  They worked overtime that set.

Tune in to coverage of The Mana Drain Vintage League! Sundays @ 9est/6pst: www.twitch.tv/hammybone
-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 03:54:13 pm »

Hello everyone! For this week since we have some players that attended the NYSE Open this weekend we are taking a break for the stream this week for R9.  Next week will be extremely exciting as we will wrap everything up, see the T4 and if we need to do any playoffs for seeding and find out who is in 10th place and pushed into the qualifier. 

So! speaking of qualifier the tournament will be streamed next Sunday, the 5th of July and I think it will be the normal time slot but we might go a bit early depending on what people can do.  Regardless, we will be losing our other commentator to the tournament and so I will be commentating with Jeffrey Buckingham for the tournament.  So, enjoy the week off, everyone who went to the NYSE Open hope you had a great time and we will see everyone in July!

-Samuel Alaimo-
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 11:13:12 am »

Just in case Sam doesn't get to announce it, The Mana Drain Vintage League's Season Two Qualifier is tonight! The event starts at 9PM Eastern Time and the players meeting is at 8:45PM. Tune in and watch all these players battle it out for spots in the Second Season:

Season 1 Last Place Player 

Kael Williams 

Alexandros Jaedon Chapin 

Michael Mahr 

Joseph Milia 

Perran Archbold 

Kevin Poisson 

Phil Cassidy 

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Website for The League:

Zombies ate your brains!
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 01:49:51 pm »

Also, in case they don't fix it, for the players and any people who want to spectate through the client, the Cockatrice server has been having problems but you can direct connect to their server: https://twitter.com/woogerworks/status/617596628485173248 or

If you want to access www.woogerworks.com while the DNS is down:
-On Windows:
Edit "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" and add the line
142.4.214.147 www.woogerworks.com

-On MacOS/Linux
Run "sudo nano /etc/hosts" in your terminal (Terminal.app on Mac OS) and add the following line
142.4.214.147 www.woogerworks.com
This should give you access to the website www.woogerworks.com

So make sure to tune in 8:45EST/6:45PST! We will be going over the format of how this qualifier will be run and be due for a very fun and exciting night!

-Samuel Alaimo-
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 05:25:13 pm »

Due to unfortunate circumstances, Jeffrey Buckingham will be unable to commentate tonight. So I will have to learn this "being a commentator" thing for everyone's enjoyment.

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Website for The League:

Zombies ate your brains!
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 07:43:09 pm »

Due to forces outside our control we are finishing the T4 today! Sorry I thought I posted it earlier but looks like it never got pushed through. So short notice but we should be good to start in 20 minutes!

www.twitch.tv/hammybone

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 09:13:22 pm »

Ok sorry everyone. We were missing a player who we couldn't get a hold of anywhere so to keep the tournament fair as we had the same problem yesterday with a different player we are simply not going to stream the rest of the T4.  We will keep you updated on the results.

BUT! Sunday we are doing the Top 4 of the Main event which will be Matthew Gottshal versus James Saltsman which is a 3/5 matches to see who plays against Dave Kaplan and then who plays Brian Kelly.  So a but of a bust for the past few days but I know that Sunday will be very exciting!

Thank you all for your understanding.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:18:19 pm by Space_Stormy » Logged

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2015, 02:49:20 pm »

Hello and welcome everyone! It is finally Sunday and that means we will be doing the Top 4 of Season 1! Tonight's best 3/5 matches will be between James Saltsman and the league creator Matthew Gottshall in an epic confrontation to see who plays against Dave Kaplain in yet another 3/5 matches for the honor of squaring off against the King of Ojatai, one Mr. Brian Kelly.

So! We are testing a new time slot so it will be 9est/6pst for matches so tune in at 8:45est/5:45pst for the pregame! Tonight since it will be a grind if it goes to 5 matches we will actually be having Brian Kelly join Kale and I for commentary!  So tune in for what will definitely be an exciting night!

www.twitch.tv/hammybone

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2015, 07:19:55 pm »

Stream on in 30 minutes! Hope to see everyone there!

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2015, 04:50:51 pm »

Season one is drawing to a close with this Sunday's match to see who gets to fight Brian Kelly in the finals!  Matthew Gottshall defeated James Saltsman in apparently his last match of magic ever with some very interesting metagaming his shops-centric opponent.  As stated in the stream we were very happy to have James in the league and we hope that he maybe finds magic again!  Although that is a pretty exciting match to go out on so either way I think everyone is happy.

This week we will have Matthew Gottshall continue his path to trying to win his own league against our second seeded player Dave Kaplan!  So, the 9est/6pst time slot worked well so that will be the standard for the league for now on.  So! Everyone please join us this Sunday (7/19) for some more best of 5 Vintage matches! Just 2 more weeks and we crown a champion!

www.twitch.tv/hammybone

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2015, 02:48:52 pm »

Stream on in 5 hrs! Join us for an exciting evening!!

www.twitch.tv/hammybone

-Samuel Alaimo-
Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2015, 04:58:35 pm »

www.twitch.tv/hammybone

Wait, is everyone scheduled to play tonight?

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2015, 05:25:32 pm »

www.twitch.tv/hammybone

Wait, is everyone scheduled to play tonight?

No Noah, tonight is the second round of Playoffs between myself and Kaplan, the winner advances to the finals to play Brian Kelly

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Website for The League:

Zombies ate your brains!
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2015, 03:28:22 pm »

Hello hello hello hello hello! Tonight, is the night that everyone has been waiting for!  After nine weeks of play, two additional weeks of playoffs plus a small tournament to see who gets the open slots for season two, we have arrived at the finals of Season One!

In one corner, we have the dragonlord, current holder of the Black Magic Gaming title belt and our 8-1 player who got the fast track to the finals, Brian Kelly!

In the other corner we have the Fun Police, the player who took Matthew Gottshall down in his own tournament, a man with no allegiance to any particular decktype, Dave Kaplan!

Battle of the titans! Tune in tonight for what is sure to be a great night! Pregame starts at 8:30est/5:30pst and games will start at 9est/6pst.  Tune in for what is due to be a fantastic night!

www.twitch.tv/hammybone  Here's to a fantastic cap to three months of play!

EDIT: I'm bad at timezones but most of you are EST so no worries
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 04:21:03 pm by Space_Stormy » Logged

-Samuel Alaimo-
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: