TheManaDrain.com
August 23, 2019, 04:26:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Lincoln, RI] 9/19 DHG Legacy for a Lotus!  (Read 5289 times)
Dxfiler
Full Members
Basic User

OHH YEAHHHH!

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2015, 02:00:40 pm »

UPDATES:

Doors now opening at 11am and registration will be available in 2 different rooms!

With our additional space a few doors down we can now seat up to 150 players!!! =D

------

September 19th Die Hard Games presents...

Legacy for a Lotus! Surprised

Format: Legacy (competitive REL, decklists/way to keep track of life required)

Decklists filled out ahead of time are encouraged
http://wpn.wizards.com/sites/wpn/fil...heet_pdf11.pdf

Head Judge: Amin Younes

Entry: $50 (Cash preferred, CC accepted but will have additional fee to cover merchant transaction cost)

Prizes:

1st = Unlimited Black Lotus in gorgeous condition!! Guaranteed regardless of turnout!

2nd - 4th to receive store credit based on attendance at less than 50 players

At 50 or more players...

2nd = 2 boxes of Modern Masters 2015!!

3rd/4th = 1 Box ea. of MM2015!

5th - 8th half box ea. of MM2015!

At 70 or more players 5th - 8th will each get a full box of MM2015!

At 80 or more players 9th - 12th will each receive a box of From the Vault: Angels!
Also at 80 players will be a free side event for an Italian Abyss!

At 100 or more players there will be a free side event for a highly played Tundra!
Also at 100 players Top 16 will receive prize!  Prizes will continue to scale with attendance so the more entrants = the more free side events and places paid!  Smile

We sincerely hope you'll join our Legacy for a Lotus at DHG on 9/19!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:32:28 am by Dxfiler » Logged

Die Hard Games is at a NEW LOCATION!

101 Higginson Ave #111
Lincoln, RI 02865
(401)312-3407

Our store is now twice as big and we always have something going on Very Happy

DHGRI.com and Facebook.com/DHGRI
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 12:05:21 pm »

Im going to try and get a group from ohio for this. Long long ride but seems worth it Smile

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
Dxfiler
Full Members
Basic User

OHH YEAHHHH!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 12:37:34 am »

@Serracollector: That is indeed a long ride!  But thank you for the support either way!  Smile

Changed 9th - 12th to from the vault: Angels as I advertised a wee bit more MM2015 than I realized I actually had :p
Also added a free side event for an Italian Abyss!  Both these things happen at 80 or more players.  Given the interest this event already has, I believe we'll breeze by that number.

Hope to see you 9/19!

- Dave

101 Higginson Ave #111
Lincoln, RI 02865
(401)312-3407

Dxfiler
Full Members
Basic User

OHH YEAHHHH!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 09:32:20 pm »

Hello  Surprised  Big update, we now have seating for up to 150 players comfortably as we were able to secure an additional room on the property a few doors down.  We're expecting a huge turnout for this and should now be able to seat all who show.  But still recommend coming early.  Doors open at 11:00am.  Hope you'll join us on 9/19!   Very Happy

- Dave
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:44:52 pm by Dxfiler » Logged

101 Higginson Ave #111
Lincoln, RI 02865
(401)312-3407

Dxfiler
Full Members
Basic User

OHH YEAHHHH!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 04:29:05 pm »

More updates: Doors now open at 11am!  Added link for constructed decklists that can be filled out ahead of time if possible.  

Registration will be done in both rooms.  Refreshments also available in both rooms and staff will be present in both rooms at all times.  This is all moot if we get under 100 players :p  But I'm taking no chances and expecting a very large turnout, hence my renting the additional space next door and planning to run the event out of both simultaneously (and it also has AC/restrooms).

Should be a very fun day and we have alot of side events planned as well!  Hope you'll join us on 9/19!   Surprised

- Dave

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:39:05 pm by Dxfiler » Logged

101 Higginson Ave #111
Lincoln, RI 02865
(401)312-3407

Dxfiler
Full Members
Basic User

OHH YEAHHHH!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 04:35:40 pm »

Hello again  Very Happy

Added additional prize info to the main post.  Will have multiple free side events with an Italian Abyss at 80+ players and a HP Tundra at 100+ players.  Also at 100+ players will be adding prizes to top 16, and that can scale with huge attendance.  At 100+ players 9th - 12th will likely be able to choose between a FTV: Angels or a lower end dual like a Savannah, then 13th-16th will receive whatever they didn't pick.  I'll probably have 4 lower end duals (savannah/badlands/taiga) and 4 from the vaults.  That can also scale so for example at 120+ players I will payout beyond top 16.  Hard to predict the exact turnout I'll get so I don't want to post too many theoretical prizes, but I expect to payout to at least top 16 as I believe we'll be hitting over 100 players.

I rented an additional room a few doors down and will be steering players there for registration before the event starts, so don't panic if you don't initially get into the main room (the store) because the event will be run out of both rooms and players will be bounced around throughout the day between pairings and side events in both rooms.  There will be refreshments/AC/bathrooms in both rooms.  The additional room I rented is very nice (and I have to keep it that way :p) and will be full staffed all day.  I'll be popping in and out of both rooms myself as well.

Obviously with an event of this caliber it will be competitive, but I do expect everyone to be respectful to their opponents at all times.  My judge staff is top notch and includes many judges I've used at my past PTQ's that were very large in attendance.  I'm treating this event on that level.  Obviously I expect no cheating or counterfeit cards and we will be vigilant in looking out for that, but one of the reasons I chose Legacy for this format was the professionalism in which the players have exhibited in my Buncha Duals events over the years and I expect this weekend to be no different.

I will do everything in my power to make sure the event is run smoothly and people have a good time.  Doors open at 11am, I suggest arriving no later than 12:30pm.  You must bring your own way to keep track of life whether that's dice or pen.  The event will be starting at 1pm.  Please don't call me to tell me you're running late as I won't be able to help.  If you show late at best you'll receive a game/match loss, at worst I won't be able to enter you at all.  I've never turned anyone away in my near 10 years of running events and I don't expect to, but showing up early guarantees this.  

Looking forward to this Saturday as I've never given away a prize this big and the reception so far has been stellar.  See you 9/19  Smile

- Dave

101 Higginson Ave #111
Lincoln, RI 02865
(401)312-3407

TheBrassMan
Administrator
Basic User

AndyProbasco
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 11:10:06 am »

I don't play legacy these days, but this is a great payout, and Dave runs a hell of a tournament. I highly recommend anyone who can make it out to this does so.

Team GGs:  "Be careful what you flash barato, sooner or later we'll bannano"
"Demonic Tutor: it takes you to the Strip Mine Cow."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: