TheManaDrain.com
February 20, 2019, 03:09:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: God of Vintage Series  (Read 1328 times)
Aaron Patten
Basic User

Mox Dragon of the Lotus

View Profile Email
« on: December 16, 2015, 06:30:47 pm »

I enjoyed watching these so I thought I would post them here for the enjoyment and edification of others:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVlJc4LjzAY&list=PL-HjF9Jl-4X0cJthRtOUwOHD7tZYiyRrY
There are some misplays and some multiple land drops in one turn (including a strip mine ahem) and some other cringeworthy distractions but there are also some excelent games of magic.  Hope you enjoy Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

University is just another one of those pyramid schemes like chain letters, the Freemason Society, Scientology, and... hmm... what's that really famous one? Oh yeah, Capitalism.
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 10:57:24 pm »

Not only that but he didn't take 2 damage from Ancient Tomb, that he played illegally.  This is awful.

Join the Vintage League!
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 11:04:07 pm »

Not only that but he didn't take 2 damage from Ancient Tomb, that he played illegally.  This is awful.

Alex Bertoncini would be proud...

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 11:08:18 pm »

That's why MTGO is awesome.  Not only is power cheap, but you'll never lose to a cheat.

Join the Vintage League!
Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 06:24:12 am »

That's why MTGO is awesome.  Not only is power cheap, but you'll never lose to a cheat.

+1 Wink

I've sparred with Demon's from the Nine Hells I say. I shall barely break a sweat here today!
Twitter handle @TheALPHA7
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 11:24:23 am »

I can see the advertisements now. "Magic Online: you'll never lose to a cheat. Just misclicks, bugs, server crashes, and lag."

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

Random conversations...
Aaron Patten
Basic User

Mox Dragon of the Lotus

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 11:29:45 am »

I wish wizards would hire me to work on the MTGO user interface.  Does anyone else feel like it would be valuable to make it web based? 

I can't help but wonder if this is due in some small part to the language barrier.  No excuses for the players of course.  Maybe they forgot but it is their fault and should have been called out.  

I remember playing against someone from Portugal on cockatrice and it took several minutes of conversation to convince him to even check that his workshop mana could not be used to pay for spell pierce.  Even then his response was to quit.  He had told me that the judges in his area had ruled this exact scenario in his favor on multiple occasions and I actually believe him to this day.  In the case of the ancient tomb it is not at all the same but I have to wonder if there are some misplays, in the videos or otherwise, would have been prevented if the translation to Japanese was better understood.  

Has anyone else come across similar situations to the one I just described about the spell pierce?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

University is just another one of those pyramid schemes like chain letters, the Freemason Society, Scientology, and... hmm... what's that really famous one? Oh yeah, Capitalism.
The Atog Lord
Administrator
Basic User

The+Atog+Lord
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 12:55:49 pm »

I can see the advertisements now. "Magic Online: you'll never lose to a cheat. Just misclicks, bugs, server crashes, and lag."

That was great.

The Academy: If I'm not dead, I have a Dragonlord Dromoka coming in 4 turns
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 01:00:01 pm »

That was great.

Throw in the Puca Trade "WOW" and I think we got ourselves a commercial.

Random conversations...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: