TheManaDrain.com
April 25, 2019, 05:36:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [OGW] Matter Reshaper  (Read 1268 times)
Ten-Ten
Basic User

Shalom Aleichem

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2016, 11:59:48 am »

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Oath+of+the+Gatewatch/Matter+Reshaper#paper

Saw this on mtggoldfish.com
Thought it is interesting enough to discuss.
Is there a place for this in shop decks or any of the midrange decks?
One downside is you get no effect if stp hits this. Plus side is artifact hate doesn't affect it and plays well with thorn and Thalia.
I like at least one in my U/W control list running Trinket mages and Back to Basics.
Thoughts?

Colossians 2:2,3
 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, both of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
thecrav
Basic User

Seems good.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »

I don't think it goes in Shops. At worst, it's a 3/2 for 2C that, at some point, maybe cantrips. At best, it puts in what, lotus? Workshop? I think I'd rather pay (1) more, cast Coercive Portal, and get the guaranteed draw every turn.

As for blue decks, it seems to me that most of the time, it's 2C for a delayed cantrip. You could maybe abuse the ability with a top deck tutor, making some CMC 3 permanent uncounterable but most of the permanents I can think of that you'd want to do that with are creatures and I'd rather use Cavern of Souls.

With White being more popular than it's been in a long time, I'd be really afraid of my opp plowing this and not getting the effect. At least with Mentor, I can respond and make some monks.

Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 08:30:47 pm »

I don't think it's good.  However, there are only a few effects like this, so there is a chance that I'm judging it incorrectly. 
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 08:39:05 pm »

I'm curious what it could do in the best case scenario. Is there any permanent with a bad additional casting cost that this could cheap into play? The "best" I found would be Skaab Ruinator and that's pretty bad.
thecrav
Basic User

Seems good.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 08:41:39 pm »

I'm curious what it could do in the best case scenario. Is there any permanent with a bad additional casting cost that this could cheap into play? The "best" I found would be Skaab Ruinator and that's pretty bad.

The best thing I can think of is flipping one piece of vault+key while you have the other one in play since it's uncounterable.

Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: