TheManaDrain.com
August 20, 2019, 04:16:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nebraska's War  (Read 1164 times)
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:52:37 pm »

So, I saw a few months back that there was a tournament in Italy named Nebraska's War.  Does anyone know how this name came about?

"I値l break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
matori
Basic User

McLovin

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 01:04:30 pm »

So, I saw a few months back that there was a tournament in Italy named Nebraska's War.  Does anyone know how this name came about?
As far as I know, it is named after caffe/ place where they are gathering and its name is "Nebraska".
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 01:17:12 pm »

As far as I know, it is named after caffe/ place where they are gathering and its name is "Nebraska".

Thanks.  It just seemed really strange to see a name like that for an Italian tournament.  Especially given that there isn't a whole lot out in Nebraska.

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

p3temangus
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 01:53:30 pm »

If you look on Morphling.de (which seldom if ever sees updates anymore) you see the Nebraska tournament results all over.  Through me off the first time I saw it as well.

cycle  -> slide eternal witness-> rift your face->return cycle land with witness -> lather rinse repeat
Norm4eva
Full Members
Basic User

The87thBombfish
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 02:05:30 pm »

I live in Lincoln NE, so I was curious as to how this came about as well. AFAIK the only "wars" Nebraska gets into deal with either college football, whatever Pete Ricketts is paid to decide is bad for his constituency, and college football.
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 02:13:12 pm »

I live in Lincoln NE, so I was curious as to how this came about as well. AFAIK the only "wars" Nebraska gets into deal with either college football, whatever Pete Ricketts is paid to decide is bad for his constituency, and college football.

Have you secretly been at war with the rest of the Vintage community?  Are you fomenting a rebellion?  Do you dream of dictatorship? 

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Norm4eva
Full Members
Basic User

The87thBombfish
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 11:19:58 pm »

Have you secretly been at war with the rest of the Vintage community?  Are you fomenting a rebellion?  Do you dream of dictatorship? 

Actually I've been playing a lot of Hearthstone lately
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: