TheManaDrain.com
March 31, 2020, 04:26:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Post Mirrodin Mono Blue  (Read 3644 times)
westredale
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2003, 11:16:22 pm »

Quote from: Smmenen+Oct. 30 2003,23:45
Quote (Smmenen @ Oct. 30 2003,23:45)I admit that Gay Fish is probably a problematic matchup.  I also agree that Ophidian might be better in certain matchups as well.  One thing I was considering was having 4 Phids in the SB for those specific matches.

Steve
That's right bitch! FISH PWNS YOU HARDCORE! As it does everything. Fish 4L!
Browser
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2003, 03:10:37 am »

Quote phid is slow and crappy, this is a fast metagame. bad combo that is.

When I said...  "Why is UrPhid not better?"  I didn't mean to stress the phid part.  I thought it would be clear that I was trying to stress the other part...  Let me restate.

Why is Ur ...anything, not better than this?
Spizzard
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2003, 10:11:53 am »

Quote  phid is slow and crappy, this is a fast metagame. bad combo that is.

When I said...  "Why is UrPhid not better?"  I didn't mean to stress the phid part.  I thought it would be clear that I was trying to stress the other part...  Let me restate.

Why is Ur ...anything, not better than this?

I really agree... why isn't a splash not better than mono-blue?  With red, you can have the 'better' non-basic hoser in Blood Moon.  You have Fire/Ice (I'm not going to go on, because everyone knows).

The splash only increases your vulnerability to wasteland, which isn't even all that prevalent anymore with all the fast combo (It is getting increased though.)
Smmenen
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2003, 12:39:21 pm »

Becuase I am not convinced that Blood Moon is better right now.  Workshop decks just don't care if Blood Moon Hits.  The point of Workshop decks is to make symmetrical spells assymetrical.  You can win that war by playing a back to basics by making each of their spells asymetical - but not in the way they want!!  You make them assymetical in your favor.  Additionally, most decks have one or two basic lands they can operate off anyway.  And by adding red you becuase vulnerable to the ominipresent Wasteland.  

The biggest reason though is that there are only a couple of cards I'd want with red - but they also all cast 1 - which is precisely the number I want to cast chalice at half the time.

Stephen Menendian\n\n

wuaffiliate
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2003, 01:23:11 pm »

white would be superior to red anyhow.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: