TheManaDrain.com
March 31, 2020, 04:01:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Final version has been posted. Image ( in color ) is avai...  (Read 1790 times)
Solaran_X
« on: November 18, 2003, 01:55:31 am »

Final version has been posted. Image ( in color ) is available at You Make The Card #2.

It costs only 3 to play, and has no activation cost.

Let's start, er...finish, breaking this.
shlnmnk
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 02:35:21 am »

Interesting card. Should see some play in most every format. My guess it will end up being more of a fun card than a powerhouse.
Kaervek
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 04:42:48 am »

Yeah, coz it's SO much 'fun' to infinitely recur Strip Mines or create a virtually uninterruptable infinite life+mana loop using only a 0-costing artifact and a 1-costing enchantment in addition, both of which will combo just fine with this card on their own....
Toad
Crazy Frenchman
Adepts
Basic User

112347045 yoshipd@hotmail.com toadtmd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 05:49:27 am »

So, this card will ony cost 3 manas ? Whoa.

Someone mentionned that cards can be banned in January. I seriously hope they ban the R&D at the same time.
Mykeatog
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 06:37:56 am »

The way it is...

1. An infinite recurring strip mine doesn't matter when you can lose on turn 1.

2. No one is stopping you from also playing this card.

3. A three card combo in type 1? Isn't the standard 2?

Is this card insanely powerful? Hell yes. Does that make it awesome? Yep. Broken? Sure, why not? But too cool for type 1?

You can still draw three cards for 1 mana right?
LoA
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 11:03:14 am »

Considering Exploration/Wasteland/Dust Bowl are all legal in Extended, I really wonder if this card will make it through the design team intact.  If they ban Tinker to increase player interaction in Extended, it doesn't make too much sense to print this as-is.\n\n

MethodXL
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 11:10:12 am »

Im working on a wierd turbo land variant that draws off cruicible, horn of greed, and multiple petrified fields.  I don't know if it would be competitive enough so when Im done Ill post it in the casual type one forum.  Im looking forward to seeing everyone else's ideas also.
MikeB
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 11:21:30 am »

Why would u use petrified fields to draw off when you can simply use fetchlands?
Kaervek
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 11:32:44 am »

Some notes:

Quote The way it is...

1. An infinite recurring strip mine doesn't matter when you can lose on turn 1.

An infinite recurring Strip Mine ALWAYS matters. You can't start building decks based on the option that you MIGHT face a brutal combo deck that MIGHT kill you turn one. Besides which, recurring Strip Mines hurt Dragon if it doesn't go off lightning quick.

Quote 2. No one is stopping you from also playing this card.

I realise that. I was exaggerating. I actually kinda like it. It's a nice challenge to get it to work consistently.

Quote 3. A three card combo in type 1? Isn't the standard 2?

Yah. And one of those 3 cards is restricted. I know. I wasn't saying this card was broken or anything; just pointing out that it isn't by any means a 'fun' card like the previous poster suggested (even if its power level would turn out to be on the low side, it's still not 'great fun' as it makes for lame combos that any kid can come up with).

Quote Is this card insanely powerful? Hell yes. Does that make it awesome? Yep. Broken? Sure, why not? But too cool for type 1?

You can still draw three cards for 1 mana right?

Nothing's too cool for type 1 Smile

Quote Considering Exploration/Wasteland/Dust Bowl are all legal in Extended, I really wonder if this card will make it through the design team intact.  If they ban Tinker to increase player interaction in Extended, it doesn't make too much sense to print this as-is.

Looks like we're past that point. It's been through the works (unlike the past you-make-the-card....that one was neutered in an earlier stage). If it turns out to be too powerful, we'll have to rely on restrictions. Good as it may be, though, I doubt that it will come to that.

Either way, I'm kinda looking forward to turn 1: Mox Emerald -> Fastbond -> Workshop -> Crucuble + Zuran Orb -> Strip Mine Smile
Mykeatog
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 11:35:43 am »

Wasn't trying to flame you homey, I was jsut trying to keep the hype down before we got another stick on our hands.\n\n

jpmeyer
fancy having a go at it?
Adepts
Basic User

badplayermeyer
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 11:45:21 am »

Wow, finally someone else notices that this is a three-card combo that requires a restricted card.

Team Meandeck: "As much as I am a clueless, credit-stealing, cheating homo I do think we would do well to consider the current stage of the Vintage community." -Smmenen
CyberKnight
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2003, 12:16:11 pm »

Bad/good thing is that the picture is from Ron Spencer. So I will need at least one regular and one foil version. I hope the hype will fade quickly...

Looks good, but not broken to me. And it is not like the card is impossible to counter/destroy, especially with the loads of artifact hate around at the moment.
Jacob Orlove
Official Time Traveller of TMD
Administrator
Basic User

When am I?

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2003, 12:20:04 pm »

Quote from: jpmeyer+Nov. 18 2003,11:45
Quote (jpmeyer @ Nov. 18 2003,11:45)Wow, finally someone else notices that this is a three-card combo that requires a restricted card.
Even worse, it's a combo without a built-in kill condition, and it relies on an 0cc artifact.

It's still pretty nice with fetchlands and strips, though.

Team Meandeck: O Lord,
Guard my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking guile.
To those who slander me, let me give no heed.
May my soul be humble and forgiving to all.
Zherbus
Administrator
Basic User

FatherHell
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2003, 12:26:24 pm »

Wrong Forum.

Founder, Admin of TheManaDrain.com

Team Meandeck: Because Noble Panther Decks Keeper
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: