TheManaDrain.com
September 23, 2019, 04:06:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rectal agony  (Read 4888 times)
RJPARJ
« on: November 26, 2003, 10:17:02 pm »

Hey,  I would like to get sum help for tweaking my deck for the upcoming tourney at Crazy Con in IL.  All comments will be helpful.  Im guessing there will be a wide range of decks there from combo to control. I put Glimmervoid's in just to try them out.  So far there hasnt been a problem witht hem yet.  I put one Illusions in the deck becuase i liked having the extra life which makes winning just so much easier.  I was using two Mask of the Mimic in the deck but then decided it might be too much so i cut it to one.   Here's the list

mana Sources 29:
4 Glimmervoid
3 Underground Sea
2 Scrubland
4 Polluted Delta
1 Tolarian Academy
R mox Ruby
R Mox Sapphire
R Mox jet
R Mox Pearl
R Mox Emerald
R Mox Diamond
R Black Lotus
R Lotus Petal
R Mana Crypt
R Mana Vault
R Sol Ring
4 Dark Ritual

Spells
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Force of Will
R Demonic Tutor
R Vampiric Tutor
R Yawg Win
1 Mask of the mimic
1 Chain of Vapors
R Yawgmoth's Bargain
1 Future Sight
1 Illusions of Grandeur
R ancestral Recall
R Time Walk
R Timetwister
4 Brainstorm
R Time Spiral
R Mind's Desire
2 Tendril's of Agony
4 Academy Rector

SB:
3 Illusions of Grandeur
2 Donate
1 The Abyss
2 Seal of Cleansing
1 Form of the Dragon
1 Moat
1 Mind Twist
3 Phyrexian negator
1 Balance

I have thought of using 4 meddling mages in the SB let me know what you guys think.  Also sumone said that disenchant would be a better choice to play rather then the seal of cleansings.  I have 2 Moat effects so I would like to cut it down to 1.  I have Never Sb in the mid twist so I would not mind taking it out.  and let me know what you guys think about the transformational sb into trix\n\n

Samite Healer
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 12:30:35 am »

I'm by no means an expert with combo decks, but I don't think the transformational sideboard really helps that much.  I mean, I thought the reason people played rector tendrils was because it was just flat out better than trix.  Instead, I would rather use those 5 slots for other things.  

I would probably go up to 4 Negators and possibly some Abeyances.  Does COP: Red work in the board at all, or no?  I also think that having Moat, Abyss, and Form is overkill.  Form usually does the job of Moat and Abyss combined, but if you were to cut only one, I'd say cut The Abyss.  Also, maybe fit some BEBs or something to combat Dragon.  I hope some of this makes sense, and good luck at the tournament.\n\n

mrieff
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 02:51:06 am »

I would play innocent blood over mask of the mimic. Its also a creature removal spell to boost
VideoGameBoy
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 12:07:07 pm »

Mask of the Mimic is terrible, since it requires 2 Rectors in play to be effective.  If you can get 2 Rectors in play, you should have a Therapy in the grave.  I would rather you play Phyrexian Tower.

Glimmervoid will be Pwned by Gorilla Shaman.  Stick with Gemstone Mine.

Swap Time Spiral for Frantic Search, Mystical Tutor, or Necropotence - preferably Necro.
RJPARJ
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 03:38:52 pm »

I think your right about the mask of the mimic,  That will be taken out to put in either Ohyrexian Tower or put in Innocent Blood.  Thx for the input so far guys.  I know one person said sumthing about the transformational SB, But I would like other input on it.  Mostly its for Prison decks because you wont need the ten spells to win.

RJ
David Hernandez
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 10:53:23 pm »

Here are some links to Forum Threads I've studied that cover Tendrils and Rector builds.  You may find them very helpful:

http://www.themanadrain.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=16;t=4303

http://www.themanadrain.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=16;t=1944

http://www.themanadrain.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=6414

http://www.themanadrain.com/cgi-bin....94;st=0

http://www.themanadrain.com/cgi-bin....13;st=0

I'm not sure if Glimmervoid is the direction "everyone" is going, but Smmenen has a Long.dec list that uses a couple of them...HOWEVER he still runs 4 Gemstone Mine.  While I know the decks are different archetypes, I think you should study out "why" Long.dec would run 4 Gemstones over 4 Glimmervoids. There is discussion about it here:

http://www.themanadrain.com/cgi-bin....t=12064

I have played against a Tendril's deck that used 1 Illusion's in the main, and it was very consistent (in a good way).  The deck only ran 1 Tendril's.  It's mentioned in a couple of the threads I just gave you, so I won't repeat it here.

Do you find Future Sight to be a good fit for this deck?

Just looking at your list for the first time, I think you might consider running 3 Scrublands, 2 Glimmervoids, and a Gemstone Mine.  Your 2 Scrublands give me the initial impression of being a little light on the availability of White Mana sources.

--Dave.
suicide_slushy
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2003, 01:43:31 am »

I agree that the Spiral should be a Necro.  Do you really need 5 ways to kill Rector?  I'd cut the mask/innocent blood spot for a frantic search.

Future Sight seems out of place, your not gonna hardcast it, and if you add the Necro your odds of drawling both it and the Bargain are relitavely small.  A form of the dragon seems like it could fill that spot as the #3 target (or 1 depending on the match-up) rector target.

I'm not an expert on your meta-game, but the transformal sideboard idea probaly isn't gonna be a great idea, I'd cut that and either the moat or the abyss, preferably the moat, as form tends to be superior.  
Definately add the 4th negator (this is all the transformal sb you should need) and do add some BEBs, they are also good for hitting things like Bloodmoons and Pillars.  The rest of the SB probably depends on your meta-game, I'd likely use a couple abeyances and season the rest to taste.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: