TheManaDrain.com
September 23, 2019, 04:24:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's in!  (Read 3758 times)
MoreFling
« on: December 01, 2003, 01:18:40 pm »

click here now!
Luc, Use The Force
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 01:21:37 pm »

Eh.

MoreFling beat me by 1 second \n\n

PucktheCat
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 01:22:22 pm »

I like the discussion of why Burning Wish gets the ax and Cunning Wish stays.  It may not be much, but it does move in the general direction of 'transparency.'

Leo

Edit:  What's the new Long list?\n\n

MoreFling
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 01:24:30 pm »

I doubt there's a new long list. 1 Burning Wish would've been possible, but losing 3 LED's is too much I think. Now TPS is definately the only tendril-combo-deck.
BillTheDuck
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 01:25:10 pm »

All those restrictions are completely unnecessary, but thats ok. The changes were made to hurt a deck that is already not too good. I feel bad for madness though, it was a fair deck and probably the best pure aggro deck in the format. I don't know if it will be decent without LED.

Chrome Mox wasn't even played, I guess they restricted it on principle.\n\n

dicemanX
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 01:27:19 pm »

Spoils of the Vault should have been restricted too. Spoils might cause Wizards to attack WGD once it proves to be too annoying in 1.5 because of PTW's version. Eh, maybe in three months.

It was obvious that long.dec had to be dealt with. I predicted LED would *have* to go, but restricting Burning Wish was probably going a bit too far.

Kudos to Wizards for ignoring all the whining about a number of cards in the format.
Bastian
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 01:27:52 pm »

I am extremely unhappy. Chrome Mox didn't deserve restriction this early no matter what ANYONE said. This card hadn't proved itself. And where's Spoils of the Vault?

I mean, they restrict Chrome Mox stating this:

Quote Chrome Mox
Time has shown that fast mana is even more powerful in Type 1 than in other formats.

So and what does Mishra's Workshop gives us? Playing Chalice of the Void, Tangle Wires, Smokestacks, etc on the first two turns is acceptable, but they go out to restrict a card that wasn't even played?? Way to go... I haven't got the words to describe Wizards stupidity in its fullness. Morons...

At least they got to Long.dec. Hey Steve, were you prepared for Burning Wish's restriction?

Extended didn't surprise me, although I am very sad to see Oath of Druids go away... But I guess that after the normal restrictions took place: Tinker, Monolith, Tomb, Druid... Oath would come up as the dominant deck. Either way next year restrictions take place... So I guess it doesn't matter if it's out now.\n\n

MoreFling
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 01:31:00 pm »

1.x now looks like 1.tog.

I think they did well on the T1 restrictions. They took out the most abusive deck (long) without causing too much collateral damage.
Ric_Flair
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 01:33:24 pm »

I must say they decided not to nuke Long, but merely slow it down.  Interesting.  I am glad they did that but LED's restriction colaterally kills V Madness.  Hyperion must be so sad.  

As for Extended.  WHOA.  It is about time some of those cards went.  I guess the new meta is easy: Rock, Tog, WW, and aggro (not combo) Goblins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: