TheManaDrain.com
September 23, 2020, 07:50:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: {Announcement} Cape Cod - December 18th(Sat) Cash Tournament  (Read 4562 times)
Sytupal
Basic User

zXRaiNeyXz
View Profile Email
« on: November 28, 2004, 01:58:05 am »

Where: The Gathering, BellTower Mall, Centerville MA.
When:  December 18th(The Only Viable Saturday Choice in this hectic month, and also a date which doesn't seem to have a tournament attached to it yet.)

Type 1 Five Proxy Tournament
$20 Entry Fee (Approx $18 per entry will go back into Prize structure)
You are Allowed to pay an additional one dollar per proxy above the fifth hypothetically allowing you to play with a 60 card proxy deck for a mere $80.  If anyone chooses to do this, so help me  god you will definitely aquire every Goblin Game our store will ever own simply because.

What Time:  3PM is When the Tournament likes to start, get here around 2:30 or earlier if you would like.  We open at 11 Oclock on the weekends.

Pepperoni and Plain Cheese Madness arrives at 6PM
(Please make note about our overly large amounts of leftover pizza that we always choose to give out as "full pie door prizes")

Precise Directions:  http://www.capegames.com

Prizes:

As  I said we put about 95% of the entry fee back into the tournament, if not more than that.  

a Typical tournament holding 20 people would show a prize structure resembling this:

$400 total prize money, take away our alloted amount which allows you all to have your pizza and keep this place running:
New Total $360

First Place:  $180
Second place:  $90
Third: $50
Fourth: $40

Our most recent issue with these tournaments is attendance, obviously.  Here at The Gathering, we've basically exhausted most of our options and we have discovered that we were attempting to raise attendance in less than optimal ways.  

Important Prize Structure Change Information For 2005 Tournaments

Starting With Our January Tournaments we Hope to Offer a Guaranteed Prize Structure so we can rid ourselves of this "Based on Attendance" crap.  

Being On Cape Cod though, we're taking a huge risk with this option, with the possibility of screwing ourselves over.   This is why our first few monthly prize options will probably not be all that exciting.  Starting with probably one of the four following cards:

Time Twister
Mishra's Workshop
Bazaar of Baghdad
or Possibly(If I can convice my lovely Boss- Yes, I'm the large(r) (no not the older one) guy behind the counter here at The Gathering)
a Mox Emerald.  

The Emerald is the least likely to happen, however the Twister is a definite possibilty and i hope it would draw a larger crew to come down here and play some games.  

Oh Yes, something that might interest you all is our buying of ten cent rares.

We Offer 20 cents per rare and we will take an unlimited amount, and we mean unlimited.  We are more than willing to dish out huge amounts of cash(well into high hundreds) for all of your ten cent rares.

We Also give everyone the option to trade in your ten cent rares at 25 cents a piece as long as you are going for cards.  Anything else(sleeves, or power, or food/drink) that we consider as merchandise we will treat as a cash product, offering you 20 cents per rare.  

Remember, we will take an unlimited amount so bring all of them, hundreds of them, bring them all.    

Sincerely,
   -The Gathering and Cape Cod Crew.

PS:  I ask all of you for a Huge Favor refering to the guaranteed prize structure starting 2005.    IF you could please leave comments about how good of an idea this is in response to this post i could present this to my boss making a more credible argument when supporting this option.

I don't see in any way how this is a worse prize structure than we currently have so please leave constructive criticism refering to this so We can have this sort of prize structure.

Signature, Smignature, Isn't this where people should write there name illegibly?

Team CCC.

Minsc And Boo And You!.
The Atog Lord
Administrator
Basic User

The+Atog+Lord
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 03:09:15 am »

I wholeheartedly agree with having a guaranteed prize. The drive for me is around an hour and a half, as it is for many people who live outside the Cape. To make such a drive knowing that there might not be a prize at all is a risk I am seldom willing to take. However, with a guaranteed prize, such a trip becomes far more worthwhile.

The Academy: If I'm not dead, I have a Dragonlord Dromoka coming in 4 turns
Bulls on Parade
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 02:42:11 pm »

Having a guaranteed prize is a definite plus, and will hopefully translate directly to larger turnouts.

Although I'm definitely not one to speak, living less than 10 minutes away, I really can't understand why more people don't come to our tournaments. It's a friendly atmosphere, but not to the point that Rules Enforcement is at all compromised, and it's easily the most spacious, cleanly, and comfortable tournament setting available at this point. Free pizza is a definite plus, but as it's been noted before the store's excellent location offers a huge selection of places to grab a bite between rounds if pizza isn't your thing.

This store kicks so much ass, and it's literally got everything going for it. If you live in Boston, it's like half the distance Hadley is, and no more than 45 minutes from Providence. New Hampshire's looking at about 2 hours, but the tournaments start at 3! I just can't put together how this adds up to poor attendance.

MOTL: Whoever said "Don't argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience," wasn't joking.
Sytupal
Basic User

zXRaiNeyXz
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 11:41:56 pm »

Just a Reminder, This Tournament is only 2 weeks away, a week earlier than we normally do it(obviously because of christmas) however I'm just giving everyone a heads up.  

I Hope we make a stronger appearance this month so we can have constant prize structures in the future.  

-Thanks

Signature, Smignature, Isn't this where people should write there name illegibly?

Team CCC.

Minsc And Boo And You!.
Juggernaut GO
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 05:50:15 pm »

I think I have enough crap rares to buy your power 9, will be present on the 18th!!

Rand Paul is a stupid fuck, just like his daddy.  Let's go buy some gold!!!
Sytupal
Basic User

zXRaiNeyXz
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 10:38:38 pm »

Probably not a huge deal however I've made an edit about Time of when we open.

11 O'clock on the Saturday of the Tournament.  There will be people there throughout the morning and afternoon.  This allows all of you to take your time.   Thanks everyone.

Team CCC.

Minsc And Boo And You!.
The Atog Lord
Administrator
Basic User

The+Atog+Lord
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 09:35:23 pm »

My friend Chris has asked me to post this for him:

Quote from: Chris
This is possibly the best tournament venue I know of in Northeast. Of the multiple events of theirs I've attended, I have always been thoroughly impressed with the upscale, pleasant environment, personable staff, and the efficient, orderly manner in which their tournaments have consistently been run. I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough. The quality of the experience is more than worth the commuting time.

I will agree that I have been very impressed with this store and its staff whenever I've gone.

The Academy: If I'm not dead, I have a Dragonlord Dromoka coming in 4 turns
Sytupal
Basic User

zXRaiNeyXz
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 08:53:14 am »

Thanks Chris, we really appreciate the boost.  I just wish that more people would make the trek here because then they would all realize that we try are hardest to make people see that.    

There's only a week left until this thing starts and i know it's a hectic time of year but I'm hoping some people will want one last tournament before the holidays or the New Year.

Team CCC.

Minsc And Boo And You!.
Mixing Mike
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 12:06:01 pm »

Comon guys, who's going to this!!!

One week bumpage!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: