TheManaDrain.com
August 23, 2019, 04:34:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement: July 17 in Rockville, MD  (Read 2239 times)
Raven Fire
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 13, 2005, 01:31:33 pm »

From Dream Wizard's site (www.dreamwizards.com):

Magic the Gathering:
Legacy (Type 1) Tournament
Date:
Sunday, July 17
Note: The directions to this venue are not available via MapQuest or any of the other on-line map tools, please see our directions: http://www.dreamwizards.com/dirquality.html.
Time:
Registration from 1 PM to 1:30 PM -- Play begins promptly at 1:30PM.
Fee:
$8
Format:
Legacy Constructed Event. This event will be sanctioned and use deck registration.
Prizes:
1st and 2nd place win 18 packs (1/2 booster box). If there are more than 18 players, additional pack prizes will be awarded!

I believe this is the first Legacy event hosted by Dream Wizards.  I know the prize structure is not so hot, but I think it will be important to demonstrate that Legacy has enough of a following in the DC area to make future events worth their time.
Lyle H
Basic User

SpeakAtLyleH
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 10:24:31 pm »

Hmmm, I could drive by here on my way home from Syracuse, any idea what kind of a drive it is from NY?

Team Meandeck
"When killing five just isn't enough"-Hex
Raven Fire
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 08:22:05 am »

Hmmm, I could drive by here on my way home from Syracuse, any idea what kind of a drive it is from NY?
It's about 4 hours from NYC.  I'm going to talk to them tonight (when I draft) to see if they can reduce the conflict with Big Arse II.
Lyle H
Basic User

SpeakAtLyleH
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 04:16:39 pm »

It will be a very tiresome weekend for us out of towners.  I hope I can make it to both.

Team Meandeck
"When killing five just isn't enough"-Hex
Draco2156
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 07:05:43 pm »

Raven Fire, you have me to thank for convincing Dream Wizards to begin hosting

Legacy Events

I sent them a convincing email and talked with Laurel in person and she said that it might happen, I told them that a lot of people were interested in it and would benefit from it being in MD rather than in the middle of nowhere which is The Lucky Frog in Annandale VA.

Pancakes
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 11:55:27 pm »

Do you want a fucking cookie, or are you just in the habit of posting spam?

You're a fine one to talk:

2. Inflammatory Posts
and
4. Lack of Content:

Related point (c): Do not post in threads which will obviously be locked. It is essentially spam to post about how you "wonder how long this'll be open" or other such comments. If you are not a moderator, don't try to police the boards for rules violations. The best you can do is report the useless post and just move along.

You can assume that also applies to replying to posts that obviously shouldn't have been posted.

-Matt[/b][/color]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 12:22:53 am by Matt » Logged

Kai, "Do you vant to concede now? Or vait until you get home?"

You, "I think I'll tap seven and play Mythic Proportions on my Cloudscraper. I'll attack for 21!"

Kai, "I...I...I am defeated!"
Raven Fire
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 07:55:32 pm »

Raven Fire, you have me to thank for convincing Dream Wizards to begin hosting Legacy Events

I sent them a convincing email and talked with Laurel in person and she said that it might happen, I told them that a lot of people were interested in it and would benefit from it being in MD rather than in the middle of nowhere which is The Lucky Frog in Annandale VA.
Unless Laurel was already "in the know" about Legacy being a GP event.  Either way, thanks for your effort!  The Lucky Frog has great people, but it sure is tiny.  Dream Wizards will be much better for hosting large scale Legacy tournaments.  Hope to see you on the 17th!
Raven Fire
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 08:48:41 am »

Links:
Directions
DCI Deck Registration Sheet

I hope to see some of you there this Sunday!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: