TheManaDrain.com
May 25, 2019, 06:07:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 6/26/5 Shop Aggro @ 40 Duals Scrubs out  (Read 850 times)
Nantuko Rice
Basic User

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2005, 07:18:11 pm »

i scrubbed out yet I'm writing a report. Why not, I played four rounds and I want to share this bad pile.

Decklist

Maindeck:

1 Black Lotus
4 Chalice Of The Void
3 Crucible Of Worlds
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Sol Ring

1 Duplicant
2 Razormane Masticore
1 Sundering Titan
2 Triskelion
4 Goblin Welder
1 Karn, Silver Golem
4 Juggernaut

1 Ancestral Recall
4 Brainstorm
4 Thirst For Knowledge
1 Time Walk
1 Tinker

1 Island
2 Flooded Strand
4 Mishra's Workshop
2 Polluted Delta
1 Strip Mine
4 Volcanic Island
4 Wasteland
1 Tolarian Academy

-1 Crucible -1 Razormane -1 Duplicant +1 Mystical Tutor +1 Pentavus +1 Mindslaver

New Sideboard:
2 Aether Spellbomb
3 Tormod's Crypt
1 Duplicant
3 Gorilla Shaman
3 Rack And Ruin
3 Red Elemental Blast

Ok... so wtf am I doing? Simple. I'm taking a perfectly good decklist and turning it into crap. Smile

The Idea: Take 5/3 and throw in slaver/pent OR Take CS and replace drains with shops and add beatsticks. I thought the idea of "Aggro-CS" would be a good idea, because I hate playing those leave "two blue open" decks. The idea was to continually drop threats and then slaver lock. Hardcasting slaver and pentavus isn't that hard either if I need too.

I don't know why I'm trying to justify what I'm playing today, it did horrendous, unless I try further tweaking. I am not running trinisphere in main or the side because I feel chalice is a suitable replacement. Instead of taking two turns in the beginning like old 5/3 decks (Shop, Trini, Next Turn, Jug), I can play Shop, Mox, Jug, Chalive for 0. That's a pretty close replacement to the old play that 5/3 had.

The sideboard is a mess and I also play horrendously today. Despite winning the die roll every round along with strong first turn plays, I could not deal the last few points of damage before losing. Smenenenenenen was right about Shop Aggro.

ROUND 1
Dan with Ankh Sligh
He presents a new idea, have people sign the card before the match starts so there is no anger and frustration afterward. Very good idea... except I like having people sign after so they can comment on the silly wacky games.
Game 1: First turn welder, bolt. Second turn Jug, bolt. Third turn welder, magma jet. Fourth turn Trike, Pithing Needle. Fifth turn Pentavus, Pithing needle. At this point he has Goblin Vandal and Genju of the Spire. I'm at 11 life and he's at 20. I can't swing. I get burned out.
Game 2: I have no chance. I have nothing in my board for this match and he's got rack and ruins for my fat and burn for my welders. Ankh Sligh owned my face.

ROUND 2
Oliver with Non-Oath Salvager
G1: I get first turn Jug, he gets recall. I get second turn Karn, he gets to walk. I try to walk and it gets drained. He's at like 5 when he tinkers for colossus. I lose my two men and then I lose.
G2: I make an error. I sideboard wrong. I side out the chalices for shamans because I think I'm going second. Whoops. I go first and see Shaman and I'm like "oh shit..." I am further more a bad player because I play the shaman, so on his turn he holds back all his moxes. I suck.

Winning out won't even let me make it. I play though, because my teammates are still in. We were all going to play Shop Aggro. Last second they switches to Dragon and Oath. In round 2 they had to play each other. Dragon loses round 3 and Oath loses his round 4. On our way out I finally trade my second lotus for recall and pearl. Yay.

I eat a hot dog.

ROUND 3:
Rob with Drain/Metalworker/Rogue Weird Deck
G1: I keep a really slow hand and I think he's playing mono blue control. I don't wanna play this dumb game anymore so I hardcast Titan which he drains. He goes nuts on his turns.
G2: First turn Jug wins. Shamans eats moxes.
G3: He gets first turn Fof, but sees no mana for the rest of the game. Beatdown follows, he has no forces either.

ROUND 4:
Terry with Worker/Staff
G1: I open with welder. He opens with shop metalworker. I draw land go. He plays staff and goes infinite.
G2: I get first turn thirst discarding slaver, brainstorm off a lotus and mox. Drop 2 more moxes and a crypt from the brainstorm and then chalice for 0. I play volcanic for welder. He drops workshop and worker. Next turn I slave him. He has ancestral recall, crucible, karn, and 3 moxes. I draw 3, and one of them is my own recall, so I draw 3 more. Then I get slave lock.
G3: He thinks I'm playing CS, so he sided out his staff/worker for hate.... Null Rod? He plays Null Rod and then he sees me play Jug, Jug, Masticore. I strip his strip and his gemstone dies from regular use.

Final Notes: Don't play Shop Aggro. I am not a fan of it. Goldfishing was really nice, but that's goldfishing. Maybe today wasn't my day and I shouldn't be so quick to put it down, but I wasn't pleased with today. Of course I can't really blame the deck, I should blame myself for bad playing and poor deck choices.

Seeing as how the tournament is still going on right now, I bet Shop Aggro wins and everyone will laugh at me for saying Shop Aggro sucks.  Very Happy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: