TheManaDrain.com
September 16, 2019, 07:44:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Richmond Legacy Report  (Read 2929 times)
Danzig
Basic User

CoimhÚad fearg fhear na foighde.

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2005, 02:52:17 pm »

I got an update from Anusien. He's out at 2-3, J_Orlove is in the top 8 at 3-1-1, and Outlaw was playing his round 5 match.
Brassman wussed out and didn't enter. Ph41l3d.

Update: Outlaw is out at 3-2. Double Piledriver kills him off. J_Orlove is 7th seed.
Even though they had low attendance SCG says they will hold another Legacy event.

Update: J_Orlove is out first match of single elim.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 05:26:42 pm by Danzig » Logged

Team Broken - Waiting for Smmenen to return Dark Rituals since 2004.
Matt
Post like a butterfly, Mod like a bee.
Basic User

King of the Jews!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 09:07:28 pm »

Orlove shared his deck with me, he made a good choice.

http://www.goodgamery.com/pmo/c025.GIF
----------------------
SpenceForHire2k7: Its unessisary
SpenceForHire2k7: only spelled right
SpenceForHire2k7: <= world english teach evar
----------------------
noitcelfeRmaeT
{Team Hindsight}
mongrel12
Basic User

originalcommie
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 09:37:51 pm »

What did he play? Post list?
freakish777
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 11:31:11 pm »

I got an update from Anusien. He's out at 2-3, J_Orlove is in the top 8 at 3-1-1, and Outlaw was playing his round 5 match.
Brassman wussed out and didn't enter. Ph41l3d.

Update: Outlaw is out at 3-2. Double Piledriver kills him off. J_Orlove is 7th seed.
Even though they had low attendance SCG says they will hold another Legacy event.

Update: J_Orlove is out first match of single elim.

Does anyone know who else is in T8, what the T8 lists are and what the breakdown of the field is?

Peter_Rotten
Basic User

PeterRotten1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 09:10:34 am »

Does anyone have anyomre information about this event?  It is frustrating that SCG posts Vintage stuff nearly immediately, but a day after the Legacy event we still do not have any info.  But I will look on the bright side.  I'm extremely happy to see SCG supporting Legacy.

Quote from: Ephraim
I'm sure that constructing a double light sabre is a trivial matter involving two regular light sabres and some duct tape.
Matt
Basic User

King of the Jews!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 11:07:53 am »

I figure since the event is over, this information is now considered public: Jacob played a B/u/r Reanimator list that used Burning Wish and Zombie Infestation, and Akroma was his only maindeck fatty. He had Petradons in the sideboard.

----------------------
----------------------
noitcelfeRmaeT
{Team Hindsight}
Peter_Rotten
Basic User

PeterRotten1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 11:17:54 am »

Jacob played a B/u/r Reanimator list that used Burning Wish and Zombie Infestation, and Akroma was his only maindeck fatty. He had Petradons in the sideboard.
ROFL!┬  And the thing was good?┬  Damn!┬  Was he able to build an actual solid renimator list or was the competion shaky?┬  A combination of both?┬  Reanimator used to be one of my favorite deck types, so I'm damn curious to see it.

edit:┬  We have some info up on mtgthesource.com
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:20:42 am by Peter_Rotten » Logged

Quote from: Ephraim
I'm sure that constructing a double light sabre is a trivial matter involving two regular light sabres and some duct tape.
Jacob Orlove
Official Time Traveller of TMD
Administrator
Basic User

When am I?

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 11:30:42 am »

I had to change the deck slightly because I couldn't find a fourth person with a T4 stack to borrow an Akroma from, so I was actually also running a MD Phantom Nishoba.

The deck is actually really good, although it gets worse if everyone runs SB hate for it. Infestation/Squee wins a lot of games that fat creatures cannot, and I run more discard than anybody: 4 Duress, 4 Therapy, 3 Intuition (can get Therapies), Infestations and hardcast Squee to flashback Therapy, 1 MD Last Rites, 3 SB Last Rites to Burning Wish for and SB in. Akroma and Petradon are also really really good. I'll write a report that should go up eventually, but I'll also start a thread on the deck later today, with the full list.

Team Meandeck: O Lord,
Guard my tongue from evil and my lips from speaking guile.
To those who slander me, let me give no heed.
May my soul be humble and forgiving to all.
Anusien
Adepts
Basic User

Anusien
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 12:43:27 pm »

More information was asked for:
Orlove will be at least posting the list and information, and it is pretty savage.  I can tell some stuff, I saw a lot of this match:
RGSA did not have Duplicant, by the way.  I started watching in game 1.  Survival was down, and so was Rofellos, Birds and Baloth.  Jacob had Zombie Infestation, 1x Squee and 1 card in hand, with Akroma in play.  Both life totals were under 10.  Jacob would swing with Akroma and make a Zombie blocker.  The RGSA player would chain into about 3 Baloths, and swing in, saccing the Baloth that got blocked by Akroma.  When the RGSA player ran out of Baloths, he started going and getting Witnesses to bring back Baloths, and probably had one more turn before he died.

Game 2 I also missed the start of, but Jacob had boarded out 2 Exhumes because they are bad in the matchup.  He drew a Burning Wish, and Intuitioned for Bloodstained Mire to get red mana to Burning Wish to Exhume Phantom Nishoba.  This took too long, and the RGSA player attacked in, sacced the Baloth before damage went on the stack (to prevent Nishoba life gain) and ran over him.

I'm getting SCG decklists from Pete on Tuesday, and my deadline is noon on Thursday.  I assume they'll run a feature on Friday then, or at least have the decklist up.  Menendian whipped out his Stax-style Flame Vault deck on Friday and we tested it.  I played UWR Landstill with no Disenchant main and he beat me 9-5, although in actuality it's not that lopsided.  We each had runs.  He did however beat Deep6er's friend using his list 6-0 before the other guy had to go.  That's partly because of more experience in matchup but more that High Tide has ridiculously few permanants.  Menendian has an article on that deck going up soon.

I had UWR Landstill, and I think I should have done better than I did.  I lost to WW twice, which should be good for me but I had trouble finding WW for Wrath of God, in spite of running 4 Fetch (and not fetching for Volcs early).  I beat MWC, UB Fish and lost to GW aggro -- I would have won except for the second Armaggedon.  The end result of this is I have a few ways to innovate the format which I'll be formulating mentally.  Also, I'll post the Control Guide's Answer to Flame Vault Stax when Menendian posts his article.

Magic Level 3 Judge
Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote from: H.L. Mencken
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
Matt
Basic User

King of the Jews!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 01:15:04 pm »

I'm getting SCG decklists from Pete on Tuesday, and my deadline is noon on Thursday.
I applied for that job too, I was wondering who got it!

----------------------
----------------------
noitcelfeRmaeT
{Team Hindsight}
BradWayne
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2005, 10:01:12 am »

Damn...I might have to change my name to "The RGSA Player". I guess I was the guy who gave outlaw his 2nd loss in swiss round 5 and took Orlov out of t8. Sorry if I screwd stuff up guys. Wink

But that reanimator deck was indeed amazing! Possibly it's biggest advantage was it's surprise factor. When he went turn 1 swamp-go...I hadn't the slightest clue what he was playing. Turn 2 mountain, zombie infestation also blew my mind. Turn 3 Make a zombie with squee and akroma and then reanimate akroma made it all clear for about 3 seconds before ak-rowdy smashed my face for 6. I nearly scooped to that until I realized that I had an out.

And Just for accuracy, in game 2 I swang with a team of like 5 small dudes into Orlov's nishoba, and I had to POP him for 2 in response to the lifegain for the win.

Both games were super close and Orlov's a nice guy. Props.

Team Chewy Nips - Cleveland, Ohio
Anusien
Adepts
Basic User

Anusien
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 08:10:28 pm »

Hey man, your list rocks by the way - 8 maindeck mana critters + Rofellos?  I'm curious why you have Birds over the second set of mana elves (Fyndhorn).  I really want you to write a report, because I want to hear how you did.  I really think RGSA can be a strong choice.

Aynway, I've posted some preliminary thoughts here: http://www.themanadrain.com/forums/index.php?topic=24789.0.  I'll get more information out soon, but for now, Statistics.

Magic Level 3 Judge
Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote from: H.L. Mencken
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
BradWayne
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 09:44:45 pm »

Well, I would write a report...but all I remember from the early rounds was that I was tired, hungry, I had to piss really badly but didn't have time between rounds, and I had a splitting headache. It was just a lot of turning guys sideways. (I heart legacy!)  My one loss in swiss was to a guy playing u/w landstill, winning game one and then playing v e r y - s l o w l y through game two to prevent me from winning. I probably should have called a judge, but eh.

Originally I was running Llanowar Elves and Fyndhorn elves. Without STP, 8 guys who can trade with a turn 1 lackey is fantastic. Originally, my SB was a lot more green heavy than it ended up being, so when I switched it up to include more red cards, I felt my manabase had to change too. I really didn't want to lose forests for mountains, because of their synergy with Rofellos...so I decided to lose Llanowar elves for Birds.

Also, birds make the landstill matchup better...because they can't block SoFI'd birds with manlands like they can with elves. Little things add up I guess.  Mr. Green

Team Chewy Nips - Cleveland, Ohio
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: