TheManaDrain.com
January 23, 2020, 10:26:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ongoing Richmond Results  (Read 24890 times)
arj
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2006, 07:53:21 pm »

Indeed. It would have been really interesting to read the match reports from the top8 since one could probably learn a thing or two from them.

Oh well it's really sad starcitygames discontinued their event coverage.
NaNaKy3k
Basic User

alari_elle@hot...
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2006, 07:59:19 pm »

Top8:

Becker
Endress
Demars
Menendian
Anand
Evenpence
Outlaw
Shay

All of them from Tmd? Wink

I havent seen the list of Meandeck Ichorid but it seems to be another "failed experiment" like Sx, with many Meandeck members playing it and only 1 into top8
Endress & Demars & Shay on top8 dosnt surprises me

Can anyone post decklist tomorrow?(Jd would you do it again?)
emidln
Basic User

emidln@hotmail.com Ace50003 brandonjadams
View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2006, 08:03:24 pm »

Does anyone have the Top 8 pairings?

BZK! - The Vintage Lightning War
LouGodKingofDustBunnys
Basic User

venividiredono
View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2006, 08:13:59 pm »

Only putting one player in the top eight does not a failed deck make sir. Now if most of the team scrubbed out and only Steve did well with it, then we could say it was a failed experiment. After Sunday, and after the decklist is released, then everyone can start commenting on it. Until then any comments about Meandeck Ichorid and G.W.S.'s I.T. lists will simply have to wait.

Voting for Wrath of Sam is the easiest vote I've ever cast in my life. (Kowal)
And how.  It's about snakes.  On a mother fucking plane. (Lou)
PucktheCat
My interests include blue decks, arguing, and beer.
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2006, 08:26:05 pm »

I heard that Anand is playing CS.  Can anyone confirm?  If that's true it is another excellent showing for that deck, putting 3 players in the T8.  I don't know what Outlaw is playing, but putting him aside CS is also the only established deck in the T8, which is also impressive.
nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2006, 08:28:42 pm »

speed is playing gifts

I will write Peace on your wings
and you will fly around the world
Hatchman
Basic User

Official Rules Lawyer of Team Nuts and Staff

Asix00
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2006, 08:44:29 pm »

Anand is playing Burning Slaver also so is FFY,Outlaw is Playing GG Gifts,Shay playing CS, Smmeeennn is playing Ich.dec, and Evenpence is playing Uba I dont know what the other two are playing.........Trav decided that he wanted to win 5 matches then lose I on the other hand just decided to donate 30 dollars.......

Hatch

wait... Philly isn't part of New York?

Here I thought outside of New England was just one big "bad at magic" state

Brassman-2010
PucktheCat
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2006, 08:48:01 pm »

So Evenpence is playing Uba?  He was talking about playing something else, but I guess he decided not to after all.
nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2006, 08:50:08 pm »

wait, someone online said he was playing TMWA
edit*
update:

outlaw lost to shay in the top 8
steve looks like he is gonna be out
demars won against evenpence

no idea on GWS

oh man, I wish I could have gone, it sounds like tons of fun.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 09:19:38 pm by nataz » Logged

I will write Peace on your wings
and you will fly around the world
Gekoratel
Full Members
Basic User

AnotherAimAddict
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2006, 09:19:50 pm »

So were the pairings as follows with bold being the winners?

Becker v. Endress
Demars v. Evenpence
Menendian v. Anand
Outlaw v. Shay
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 09:26:33 pm by Gekoratel » Logged
Moxlotus
Teh Absolut Ballz
Full Members
Basic User

Where the fuck are my pants?

moxlotusgws
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2006, 09:43:37 pm »

Quote from: me
Top 8 predictions:
Eric Becker
one other person from GWS
stuff

I was part right Smile.¬  I can't believe that all of the players in the top 8 are "name" players.¬  Becker's name is the one people have heard about the least unless you live in the midwest.¬  Type 1 all based on luck...yea right.

If those pairings are correct thats the 2nd time in a SCG tournament 2 GWS members made it and had to play in the quarters.¬  Endress has been in kind of a rut lately so I'm glad he got out of it.¬  ERic has put ridiculous amounts of time and testing into his creation and owning up on the midwest that I'm glad he made top 8 at this one.¬ 

If Endress and Becker were playing anywhere near Steve's match, I guarantee "I HAVE SO MANY INSANE PLAYS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!"¬  was said at least once.¬  I can also guarantee that if one of them got a turn 1 kill they would stand on their chair.

How many people got Russian 9th?¬  Anybody in the community?

What did Randy play?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 10:03:40 pm by Moxlotus » Logged

Cybernations--a free nation building game.
http://www.cybernations.net
MoxMonkey
Basic User

All your Moxen Belong to Me.

MoxMonkey18
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2006, 09:58:31 pm »

OMG Shay went!@#!¬  Thats not fair if I knew you were going to be there I would ahve went without a deck and without telling work!@#$#@!¬  Hopefully they do another SCG so I can make it out, cause NY was fun.  wish I could have made it down to this one.¬  Shay you better be up here for the Sapphire at RI so we can test again.¬  ¬ Very Happy

Major Props to Anand and FFY for making top 4.¬  Burning Slaver must be Good cannot wait to see the list.¬ 

Slops for Shay not telling me he was going so I go out of my way to make sure the Slaver players are all there.¬  All we would be missing would be me in the Top 8 with CS so we'd have the BS vs CS debate ended.¬  ¬ Very Happy¬  Also Anyone have Top 4 Pairings?

Nice job to everyone that made it down I wish I could have made it down.¬  Pete are you thinking about doing more SCG Power 9 Events or is this the last one?¬ 

Who needs a Signature?
Gekoratel
Full Members
Basic User

AnotherAimAddict
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2006, 10:10:59 pm »

How many people got Russian 9th?¬  Anybody in the community?
Someone said that although he started out 0-2 he managed to have a final record of 6-2. If that statement is true then two people got 9th Ed. Russian packs.
rbuehler
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2006, 11:48:53 pm »

Rich Shay won the tournament, with Slaver. It was an all-Slaver finals with him and Anand.

I gave away 24 packs of Russian 9th by 11am and none for the rest of the day. Kevin Cron and I both Top 16ed with our team's Friggorid design. I'm disappointed not to Top 8, but the deck put one in the top 8 and two more in the top 16 ... it was the right call for today and the deck is quite savage. 8 mulligans in those first two rounds for me, and I think I still should have won one of them. Oh well, there's still tomorrow ...

Randy
pyr0ma5ta
Basic User

More cowbell

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2006, 12:04:02 am »

Hey Randy,
   Way to rattle off 6 there, but tough break in the first two rounds.  Isn't Friggorid one of those decks that likes to mull, though?  I mean, decklists not withstanding, I'm sure that mulling to 4 with Ichorid is better than mulling to 4 with, say, Stax or Gifts.  I'm betting there will be a ton of Tormod's Crypts tomorrow Razz
   I predicted you to t8 at least one time, so don't let me down!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 12:21:06 am by pyr0ma5ta » Logged

Team Mishra's Jerkshop: Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Disburden
Basic User

Blue Blue, Drain you.

TheSkyScreams
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2006, 12:20:09 am »

Wow, once again Control Slaver shows all the SCG posters that it isn't a dead deck. Funny, where did Oath go...

Good job dead deck! Only 5,000 more good t8's to go and maybe you won't be considered dead..lol

Unrestrict: Library of Alexandria and Burning Wish.

Polynomial P
Full Members
Basic User

Your powerpill has worn off.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2006, 12:42:17 am »

I swear I got the memo about control slaver being dead....I put it right over here....

Nicely done Rich, Jeff, and Brian on T8ing with a "dead" deck. Congratulations to Eric Becker and Endress for T8ing with IT. 

Team Ogre

"They can also win if you play the deck like you can't read and are partially retarded."  -BC
Moxlotus
Teh Absolut Ballz
Full Members
Basic User

Where the fuck are my pants?

moxlotusgws
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2006, 12:54:40 am »

Wow, once again Control Slaver shows all the SCG posters that it isn't a dead deck. Funny, where did Oath go...

Good job dead deck! Only 5,000 more good t8's to go and maybe you won't be considered dead..lol

Oath wasn't played by the people who do well with it Smile. GWS switched decks and still made top 8.¬  I'm sure Demars, Anand, and Shay could do the same--but everybody loves to play their baby.

Hopefully Eric won/traded for a Walk.¬  He has 2 Lotus, 9 moxen, ancestral, but 0 Walk¬  :shock:

Now the questions are-- "Who can top 8 AGAIN tomorrow and will most people play a different deck?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 01:01:57 am by Moxlotus » Logged

Cybernations--a free nation building game.
http://www.cybernations.net
PucktheCat
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2006, 01:08:12 am »

I gave away 24 packs of Russian 9th by 11am and none for the rest of the day.
That's good work, and good dedication to keep with it after the 0-2 start.

Does anyone know who Becker faced in the semis?  I am curious whether their list had anything in the sb for IT.  I know Demars has been running Duress - I wonder if that showed up in other lists.
sean1i0
Full Members
Basic User

sean13185@hotmail.com Taylor13185
View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2006, 01:47:34 am »

Wow!  Congrats to everyone and good luck for tomorrow, Randy; I know it's been said before, but that top 8 really was awesome.
MoxMonkey
Basic User

MoxMonkey18
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2006, 02:45:21 am »

Who can Top 8 tomarrow?

Rich Shay most likely will top 8 again since he can play CS
Brain Demars since he can play BS
Outlaw cause he top8s at all of these
Menendian could again but I see him making top 16 for this one
I wouldn't want to exclude the others but these 4 have the best chance at doing it 2 days in a row the others I can definitely see this Top8 in the Top16 for day 2 though/

buehler will top 8 day 2 since he will run a good deck and not a fun Ichorid deck¬  Very Happy¬  ¬ Tormod's Crypt > than Ichorid

Who needs a Signature?
Roxas
Full Members
Basic User

JesusRoxas
View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2006, 08:35:24 am »

I went 3-2-1 last night, losing to Becker playing I.T. and Marc Perez playing fish.  It was a really fun event, and I hopefully today's is equally so. 

Just a warning to you all: NEVER EVER eat at Denny's, or at least not the one near the convention center.  It took Shay, a couple others, and myself >40min to even get our food, after a couple other minor disputes with the staff.

einlanzer625
Basic User

D4gr0n ftw!

Einlanzer625
View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2006, 12:15:27 pm »

at least we got the "i have so many insane plays.." quote from..i believe it was Endress, and if im not mistaken it was said at least twice.

Also, i went 5-3 last night playing dragon Smile

*holds up ring* WOOD!
im the legendary 6th planeteer
MoxMonkey
Basic User

MoxMonkey18
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2006, 01:01:09 pm »

Anyone have an update for todays toruanment?  Same amount of people?  Whats the field like this time?  Same metagame or did a lot of people change decks?  Did Meandeck try to Ichorid deck again?  Anyone have anything?

Who needs a Signature?
Chiz
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2006, 01:22:11 pm »

If they're playing Ichorid I'm really curious as to how they figured how to not auto-lose to combo and Gifts.¬ 
Gifts isn't a bad matchup for ichorid... In fact, it is a good matchup!

It's good to see Ichorids doing so well (1 top8, 2 top16). Ichorid played in the right metagame is pretty savage.

Team Quťbec

Fasle Dawn: 191
jeremy_78
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2006, 02:36:51 pm »

Ichorid is a solid deck, and a pain to play against.  Its worst matchups are anything that wins quick.  I have noticed playing against it you need to get collosus on the board within the first 3 turns to have a shot. 

Dying does not matter.  It is how you die that does.
PucktheCat
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2006, 02:58:26 pm »

I have noticed playing against it you need to get collosus on the board within the first 3 turns to have a shot.
Baring disruption, this should be absolutely trivial.¬  When goldfishing, I consider any Gifts hand that doesn't win the game by turn 4 a failure.¬  A significant minority win by turn 3.¬  Of course, I am sure that the Ichorid deck that MD is playing has a decent quantity of disruption.¬  The key question will be how much quality disruption it can fit in without comprimising its midgame inevitability.
Nastaboi
Basic User

353787053 nastaboi@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2006, 03:05:49 pm »

When goldfishing, I consider any Gifts hand that doesn't win the game by turn 4 a failure.
Or a hand that doesn't have Pithing Needle on it. You know, some Gifts variants play with three main, and I have heard that Ichorid deck is all about activated abilities. But what do I know.

Quote from: HungryHungryHeifer
Hahaha. I don't think that face quite suits my body!
Don't worry, it doesn't fit mine either.
psu42
Basic User

I play broken spells.

JustnavlicK
View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2006, 03:28:13 pm »

Ichorid is a triggered ability isn't it?

Team SnK
Manpriest
Basic User

TMD's representative in the Vatican.

Spam10K Manpriest
View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2006, 03:32:55 pm »

Ichorid is a triggered ability isn't it?

Yes and gratz to all on yesterday, can't wait to see results from today.  One of these days I'll make it out east to play in one of these.

www.pokerflea.com

It's so extremely frustrating spending days and weeks preparing, and all the time just know that some jolly Japanese will bash your head in with cards you've barely heard of.
- Nicolai Herzog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: