TheManaDrain.com
August 22, 2019, 05:38:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legacy Hightide Reset  (Read 1080 times)
Almanomada
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: September 07, 2009, 11:37:25 am »

I wanted to know everyones opinions on the classic hightide reset storm deck.  I have a couple ok legacy decks but I think this is my best one.  I am in the army and in kuwait right now (returning in about a month) and have of course not played any magic in about 15 months or so.  I have goblins for every format, 1 land belcher, painter grindstone and only need to get some workshops and bazaars to finish those other 2 decks.  I havent heard too much lately so I am thinking it is no longer tier 1.  Since the legacy forum is being archived, I thought starting a thread here would go well with any diehard posters.  I dont really want another account for a different site since there are plenty of quality players right here Smile 
Matt
Post like a butterfly, Mod like a bee.
Basic User

King of the Jews!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 06:33:05 pm »

Counterbalance was a knife in the eye (and Tarmogoyf speeding up the blue aggro-control decks' clock didn't help), and Ad Nauseum was a knife in the back by being much faster (asking Tide, "Have FoW or gg?") and not much less resilient (4-6 Silence/Chant effects, many MD).

It just doesn't have enough (any?) good matchups anymore.

http://www.goodgamery.com/pmo/c025.GIF
----------------------
SpenceForHire2k7: Its unessisary
SpenceForHire2k7: only spelled right
SpenceForHire2k7: <= world english teach evar
----------------------
noitcelfeRmaeT
{Team Hindsight}
Almanomada
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:06:00 pm »

Thanks for bringing all that into perspective for me.  you didnt see the tear.   Sad  .  I am going to try to retool it but i think that Silence might be the nail in the coffin.   I do run 4 FoW and 4 PoN MD.  I dont think any creature deck can get there in time but many other control decks will definately be a problem. I will start testing it again in October. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: