TheManaDrain.com
July 14, 2020, 10:29:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Discussion] Goblins  (Read 110776 times)
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #330 on: July 03, 2015, 09:17:07 am »

I would not say MUD is usually a bye (I have lost to it even maindecking 4 ancient tomb, 3 viashinos, 3 welders, bolts, gorilla shamans, ssg...), but after sideboard is pretty winnable.

Would ancient tomb deserve a try? 4 Ringleader, 1 commander, 1 kiki jiki, 1 sharpshooter, 4 matron, 1 krenko, 4 earwig, 4 chalices, 3 null rod. those are 23 cards that would directly benefit from having ancient tomb. Goblins is more mana intensive than it seems, look at the average!

I maybe miss some removal, and perhaps sulfur elemental, but are just ideas and I should play the deck to have a clear idea. Anyway the deck looks pretty solid Smile
2ndMain
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #331 on: July 17, 2015, 09:05:55 am »

I've been testing a version of Goblins on Cockatrice that has had some exciting and very good results:

The Horde 

Mana (21):

4 Cavern of Souls 
4 Bloodstained Mire 
3 Badlands 
3 Mountain 
4 Wasteland 
1 Strip Mine 
1 Black Lotus 
1 Mox Ruby 

Dudes (32):

3 Skirk Prospector 
4 Goblin Lackey 
4 Goblin Warchief 
1 Goblin Chieftan 
4 Goblin Ringleader 
4 Mogg War Marshall 
1 Siege Gang Commander 
1 Kiki Jiki Mirror Breaker 
1 Goblin Sharpshooter 
4 Goblin Matron 
1 Krenko, Mob Boss 
4 Earwig Squad 

Prison (7):

4 Chalice of the Void 
3 Null Rod 

Sideboard:

4 Ingot Chewer 
4 Shattering Spree 
4 Grafdigger's Cage 
3 Goblin Bombardment

Skirk Prospector is absolutely nuts, it comboes with the token makers to ramp you ahead on mana. Kiki Jiki is there for value plays: copying Matron for a tutor effect, Siege Gang to amass an army, the possibilities are endless!

As for the board, Bombardment has been pretty sweet against Oath and Dredge and the creature matchups.

Workshops is usually a bye in that you amass a ton of board presence via your token makers.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I'm planning to take this list to a local Vintage tourney in a couple of weeks.  The tourney was set up for testing for Eternal Weekend.  I plan to test the following changes:

-1 Black Lotus, -1 Mox Ruby, +2 Simian Spirit Guide
-1 Ringleader, +1 Stingscourger

The unpowered changes are preference only.  I have access to power for the tournament but would rather see how far I can get without it ($400 on the line for unpowered first =P).  The other change is purely from my experience playing Legacy Goblins... never leave home without a Stingscourger in your 75.
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #332 on: July 19, 2015, 06:57:42 pm »

If you have access to power, I'm assuming you have access to Chains of Mephistophles. And I would play both power and Chains because Goblins can reasonably take the tournament provided you've got a little bit of luck on your side.

-3 Bombardment
+3 Chains

Join the Vintage League!
2ndMain
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #333 on: July 19, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »

If you have access to power, I'm assuming you have access to Chains of Mephistophles. And I would play both power and Chains because Goblins can reasonably take the tournament provided you've got a little bit of luck on your side.

-3 Bombardment
+3 Chains

I love this idea!  I do have access to Chains through CHA1N5 lol.  I'll try them out at our tournament in 2 weeks and if they work, see if I can borrow them for EW.  Thanks for the advice!
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #334 on: August 03, 2015, 11:53:47 am »

Cool thanks. Chains is a beating against blue draw but you've just gotta make sure you've covered your other bases as well, most obviously Shops and Dredge.  I would sideboard an additional card for each of those matches (1 more card than you think you need) just because they're at a very high point right now.

Join the Vintage League!
nedleeds
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 04, 2015, 10:25:34 am »

If you are playing 4 x Ringleader is Recruiter really not worth it? How about Cabal Therapy in the board?
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #336 on: August 06, 2015, 12:02:28 am »

If you are playing 4 x Ringleader is Recruiter really not worth it? How about Cabal Therapy in the board?

Goblin Recruiter makes your Goblin Ringleaders a Tidings that gives your Piledrivers +2/+0

Tune in to coverage of The Mana Drain Vintage League! Sundays @ 9est/6pst: www.twitch.tv/hammybone
-Samuel Alaimo-
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2015, 06:10:56 am »

Goblin Recruiter makes your Goblin Ringleaders a Tidings that gives your Piledrivers +2/+0

It's better than tidings you can choose the order.  It's more like 4 matron triggers.
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2015, 02:23:37 pm »

It's better than tidings you can choose the order.  It's more like 4 matron triggers.

You are right! I just always say Tidings since I love the art:

mmm so good

Tune in to coverage of The Mana Drain Vintage League! Sundays @ 9est/6pst: www.twitch.tv/hammybone
-Samuel Alaimo-
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: