TheManaDrain.com
October 19, 2019, 05:10:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 12/20/2009 - Maryland Legacy for a Mox Jet  (Read 652 times)
JimmyP
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: December 03, 2009, 12:16:24 pm »

Thanks for Playing in Urbana, MD is holding a sanctioned Legacy tournament on Sunday 12/20/2009. The store typically only holds Type 2/Limited tournaments, but at my urging and the interest of other local players, the owner has agreed to try holding a legacy event. Only catch is that I will be providing prize support myself (since the store owner only stocks T2 stuff and retail product), which can only be a good thing for everyone who attends Smile

The entry fee is $20, and below is the prize structure and payout schedule:

Guaranteed Prize structure
8 players (payout top 2): 1st - 2 Tropical Island + Non-blue Dual; 2nd - 2 Force of Will
16 players (payout top 4): 1st - 4 Tropical Island; 2nd - 2 Force of Will + 1 Non-blue Dual; 3rd - Non-Blue Dual (or Mox Diamond); 4th - Non-blue Dual (or Phyrexian Dreadnought)
24 players (payout top 4): 1st - Mox Jet!; 2nd - 2 Tropical Island + Non-blue Dual; 3rd/4th - Force of Will
32 players(payout top 8): 1st - Mox Jet!; 2nd - 2 Tropical Island + Non-blue Dual; 3rd/4th - 2 Force of Will each; 5th-8th - 2 Fetchlands each
36 players+ Prizes to be scaled appropriately!

Payout schedule:
<=12 players - payout to top 2
13-27 players - payout to top 4
28+ players - payout to top 8

Also, prizes will be added in between the levels; i.e. If 12 people show up, prizes would increase from the 8-player prize structure to include something like 2 additional non-blue revised duals, or 4 fetchlands, or...well you get the idea. Since I'm providing the prize support, there will also be some flexibility re: prize trade and prize buyback.

The Jet is Unlimited, signed, and between Excellent and EX- condition based on Toad+Troll's grading guide AND guaranteed at 24 players (along with all the other prizes in the prize structure). I will try to post up scans before the event.

Where:
Thanks for Playing
3520 Worthington Blvd.
Frederick, MD 21704

The store's phone number is: 240-566-5894, though it will likely (certainly) be better to post questions in this thread or send me a PM. The store can comfortably hold ~40 people and has an absolute max player occupancy right around 50.

When:
Sunday, December 20th, 2009
Registration begins at 11:30 AM
Play begins at 12:30 PM

Format and other details:
Entry Fee: $20
Sanctioned Legacy constructed, 16k
Though not required by the k-value of the event, decklists will be required

I posted this on mtgthesource, but figured I'd also post it on here, as there is a sizeable Vintage scene in Baltimore, and figured some of you guys may consider playing some legacy for a piece of power Smile

Also - here is a link to the thread on the Source http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15705

-Jimmy P
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: