TheManaDrain.com
August 19, 2019, 02:10:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Meandeck Open -- Vintage!: April 11, 2010
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage Tournament -- Columbus, Ohio, April 11, 2010 [Meandeck Open]  (Read 1404 times)
Smmenen
2007 Vintage World Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2010, 03:02:46 pm »

Vintage returns to the midwest!   April 11, so mark your calendars!  

John Knight -- tell your friends!  

Gus, I know you'll be there.  Bring some friends!

The Moore brothers !  We hope to see you there.

And the Kentucky crew: Bobby Graves, Will Cutler, Schoerkerz -- etc we hope you can make it to this one!  We missed you at the last one.  Let us know you are coming!

Here are the details:

WHAT: VINTAGE! Tournament

Swiss + Top 8.

Entry is $20

PRIZES:

CASH!!!
1st Place: 40% of Prize Pool
2nd Place: 20% of Prize Pool
3rd Place: 10% of Prize Pool
4th Place: 10% of Prize Pool
5th-8th: 5% of prize pool each

Prize Pool will be 80% of entry fees!

$200 payout guaranteed!

BONUS There will be a FREE single elimination side event will begin with X-1 round of swiss with a grand prize of $40 (which will come from the main prize pool).  

PROXIES: UNLIMITED PROXIES will be permitted.

There are THREE ways of making procies:

1) The first and most basic is taking a basic land card and writing the details of the card on it. 2) The second method is to take a card that shares some of the characteristics with the card that is being proxied and erase any characteristics that do not match, replacing them with the correct characteristics.   See: http://forums.starcitygames.com/viewtopic.php?t=291560 for more detaiils on how to do this.
3) the third is to print out all 75 cards, and slip the sheet of paper into each sleeve.   If you do this, every card must be proxied.   The first two methods are preferred.  

ALSO,Collector's Edition and International Edition cards will be legal for this tournament.  If you intend on running CE or IE cards, you MUST:

1) use completely opaque sleeves, AND
2) Double Sleeve your card OR use a looser fitting sleeves where the cut of the corner of the card is not visible.  Otherwise, you must replace your sleeves before the top 8.  

WHEN: Sunday, April 11, 2010

The store opens at 11:30 AM. Registration starts at 12:30. Registration will close and the tournament begins at 1PM sharp.  To save time, consider typing or writing up your decklist ahead of time.  

WHERE:

The Soldiery
4256 N. High St.
Columbus, Ohio 43214

If you need to car pool to Columbus, post your needs and we'll find someone whom you can travel with.   I'll start a signup if necessary.  

FINALLY, don't miss our post-game chowdown at Thurmans.

Put the address in your GPS so you can get there after the tournament!  

http://www.thethurmancafe.com/

Don't miss on eating this:

This tournament will be great fun, good laughs, and amazing times.  

Stephen Menendian

serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 06:03:45 pm »

I will be there, and I will try to get some friends to come.  If any one is in route from Ada ohio to columbus ohio let me know I can probably provide a ride.

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
Smmenen
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 06:27:12 pm »

glad to hear it!  tell your friends how much fun you had at the last one, what a good/cool crowd it was, and make sure to tell them about the free side event.   

pierce
Basic User

Part Time Vintage Guru for Hire

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 02:19:15 pm »

how often do you expect to run these throughout 2010 steve? monthly?

More like Yangwill!
Smmenen
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 09:53:42 pm »

not sure!   We play it by ear.  The last were in Jan and November, if that's any guide.

yangtime
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 03:38:29 pm »

This event is less than two weeks away!  Cleveland should be bringing at least one car.  With any luck, we'll bring two!
Smmenen
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 05:58:20 pm »

There is a good chance that I've convinced Joe Bushman to show up for this event!

If you want to support Vintage in the midwest and help make a statement about its strength and vitality, come to this event and show your support!   If we can cross the 33 player threshold, we'll also make it into my Quarterly Market reports!

I haven't heard a peep from the Kentucky crew!   Are you guys coming or not!?

Evenpence
Basic User

AlphaFoNGGGG
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 06:35:57 pm »

There is a good chance that I've convinced Joe Bushman to show up for this event!

If you want to support Vintage in the midwest and help make a statement about its strength and vitality, come to this event and show your support!   If we can cross the 33 player threshold, we'll also make it into my Quarterly Market reports!

I haven't heard a peep from the Kentucky crew!   Are you guys coming or not!?

Why do you have a 32/33 player threshold?  I assume it's not an arbitrary number -- does it have something to do with how many rounds are played in the Swiss?

[17:25] Desolutionist: i hope they reprint empty the warrens as a purple card in planar chaos
the_lord_shaper
Basic User

landwalker000
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 08:24:48 pm »

POO ON A STICK! Honestly, I didn't get included in the Kentucky crew nonsense. I only came in the top four when we all came last. But I do hope that I'll be able to come to this one...maybe then you'll bloody remember me.....

"-I didn't know you could stop being a God.
   -You can stop being anything."
Delirium and Dream conversing, in Brief Lives (Sandman).
hitman
Full Members
Basic User

1000% SRSLY

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 01:10:00 pm »

Hey Steve.  I'm interested to know when the next one is, too.  I'm getting back into Vintage and am looking for places to play. 
pierce
Basic User

Part Time Vintage Guru for Hire

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 04:57:13 pm »

Hey Steve.  I'm interested to know when the next one is, too.  I'm getting back into Vintage and am looking for places to play. 

I'm sure he'll post it. Here probably. I'm just hoping to get the low down quickly, I missed a Meandeck open last summer because it took me one more day to drive from Colorado than I planned, and since I'm moving to Columbus I'd hate to miss another by a single day or so again. I mean, all of the Ohio players are awesome so I could only imagine that it's a blast.

More like Yangwill!
Smmenen
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 12:30:52 pm »

Good questions.

We generally only plan out a tournament at a time, to gauge interest and availability and to match calendars with other major magic events.

Paul: I hope you can make on the 11th!  The Moore bros usually come, so see if you can hitch a ride with them.

Lord_Shaper!  Apologies (what's your name) so I can make sure you count you in!   Also, tell your KY compatriots that they have to come!

A_Outcast
Basic User

AOutcastedkid morphreader2true
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 10:11:22 pm »

I'm trying to make it.  If I can find someone else to make the trip with me from Louisville I'll be there.

RitNecroWin
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 03:55:12 pm »

Dusting the cards off and attending this event  Smile

"FWIW, the only thing truly hilarious here is how seriously you continue to take yourself after 15 years of spewing utter nonsense. It's no wonder Daniel Chang and a known cheat are your bffs." - Commandant
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 01:39:31 pm »

I'm glad we got so many coming.  I got 2 coming with me, BUT not sure if they are gonna play.  They are "standard" noobs, so they wanna see whats out there before they try.  I'll bring an extra deck or two just in case tho. Wink

Also as I said before if there is anyone between Ada and Columbus in Ohio, I can spare a seat or two.

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: