TheManaDrain.com
August 21, 2019, 08:31:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extremely cheap Standard deck!  (Read 2267 times)
Carnac
Basic User

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:53:45 pm »

Ever since I saw the Bazaar Trader I’ve been thinking about a combo of how to make use of this card. But I’ve been too busy developing my Vintage, Legacy and Standard tournament decks. But yesterday I found some time reconsidering the Bazaar Trader. And I came up with the Bazaar Trader + Immortal Coil combo. When I was done with the deck, it really surprised me how CHEAP this deck is. It is extremely cheap! No Baneslayers, no Jaces, no Impulses… pure discount cards! I think the most expensive card in this deck is the Vampire Nighthawk, selling for what…. 2 dollars?

Here is the deck I came up with:

4,00 Terminate
4,00 Ponder
4,00 Fabricate
4,00 Duress
4,00 Diabolic Tutor
4,00 Vampire Nighthawk
4,00 Bazaar Trader
4,00 Lightning Bolt
4,00 Immortal Coil
2,00 Relic of Progenitus
4,00 Crumbling Necropolis
4,00 Jwar Isle Refuge
4,00 Akoum Refuge
3,00 Bojuka Bog
2,00 Island
3,00 Swamp
2,00 Mountain

You can ofcourse swap the 4 Jwar, 4 Akoum and 1 Swamp with 3 Scalding Tarn, 3 Dragonskull Summit and 3 Drowned Catacomb or somehow else optimize the mana base, but if you stick to this setup, you got an extremely cheap deck.

Here is how it works: The winning condition of this deck is to handle over Immortal Coil to opponent with Bazaar Trader and then remove his or her graveyard using either Relic of Progenitus or Bojuka Bog. The use of the 2 tutors (Diabolic Tutor and Fabricate) is important. Use Fabricate to search for either Immortal Coil or Relic of Progenitus and use Diabolic Tutor to search for either Bazaar Trader, Immortal Coil or Bojuka Bog. Most of the times you will have to use Diabolic Tutor to search for Bazaar Trader, cause you will usually either draw or Fabricate into Coil or Relic. Take advantage of using Fabricate or Diabolic tutor to shuffle your library after you´ve picked your card with Ponder.

Playing the deck right, the combo usually goes off in round 5-7, therefore the biggest threats to this deck is fast creature decks and counter decks which will mess with your combo. The Vampire Nighthawk and Lightning Bolt is added, cause its great to deal with fast creature decks, and Duress to get rid of cards that will threaten your combo.

I can’t promise this deck will be tournament-competitive, but I think it might surprise even experienced players. And that aint bad, considering that you can build this deck for less than 30 dollars, or half the price of 1 Baneslayer or Jace.

If you have suggestions on how to improve this deck expect for adding expensive Fetchlands, please let me know 

-Carnac, Wizard of the Old School
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: