TheManaDrain.com
August 21, 2019, 09:46:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Format: Eternal  (Read 1393 times)
Lurker101
Basic User

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:39:07 pm »

So this may be a way to solve problems regarding some high prices of cards and the revised reprint policy. Here's the format:
No proxies
Collector's Edition and International Edition cards are legal as long as they are played with opaque backed sleeves (like Alpha).
Gold Bordered cards from the World Championship Pre-Constructed decks are legal as long as they are played with opaque backed sleeves.
Any deck may play 4 copies of: Black Vise, Earthcraft, Frantic Search, Goblin Recruiter, Grim Monolith, Gush, Hermit Druid, Illusionary Mask, Land Tax, Mind Twist, Skullclamp, Oath of Druids, Time Spiral, Worldgorger Dragon, Windfall, Fact or Fiction, Ponder, Thirst for Knowledge, Burning Wish, and Flash.
If a deck contains no cards on the legacy banned list, aside from those mentioned above, you may play 4 copies of any of these cards:
Lotus Petal
Lion's Eye Diamond
Trinisphere
Brainstorm
Merchant Scroll
If a deck contains no cards on the legacy banned list AT ALL you may play 4 copies of:
Mystical Tutor

The following cards are restored to original functionality:
Zodiac Dragon (I'm basing original functionality on the fact that P3K had discard so it was possible to discard Zodiac Dragon and have it return to your hand.)
Abeyance
Lotus Vale
Scorched Ruins
Transmute Artifact

The following cards are restored to previous errata:
Illusionary Mask (it goes back to last errata where it worked with Phyrexian Dreadnaught etc.)

The following silver bordered cards are legal:

Mise
Mine, Mine, Mine!
World-Bottling Kit
Gleemax
Goblin Bookie
Uktabi Kong

The following cards are now considered Vintage restricted:

Mise
Zodiac Dragon
Abeyance
Lotus Vale
Scorched Ruins
Shahrazad

The following cards are now considered legacy banned:

Mise
Zodiac Dragon
Abeyance
Shahrazad

So that's the format! Any constructive criticism? Feedback? Would anyone play this? Would it solve problems? Would anyone hold a tournament for this format? Any deck ideas? Any other silver-bordered cards that seem reasonable enough to legalize?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:35:29 am by Lurker101 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: