TheManaDrain.com
August 21, 2019, 01:04:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Blue Bell Game Day #4: April 24, 2010
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bell Game Day #4 - April 24th - TWO EVENTS IN APRIL!!!  (Read 1703 times)
Rico Suave
True
Adepts
Basic User

Omnibrad
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 08:25:55 pm »

Thank you, Nick, for hosting an awesome tournament instead of having a life. =)

Yea me too. I am sick as hell and played like crap, thank God that Oath is such awesome sauce. Probably the only match I played well was the mirror against Brad. I liked the deck but the dredge hate was wrong. Will fix next time

Yea, I started making some bad plays against Steve, and they just kept compounding into our match too. 

In game 2 I didn't tap the 2nd Orchard when Time Walking, which was just awful. 

In game 3, my opener was orchard, fetch, dual, 2 on-color moxen, gifts, force.  It wasn't that impressive but it had a stable mana base and some action, plus I was on the draw to hopefully see some good things.  When you ran the Ancestral out I had the choice between hardcasting Force or Gifts, and Gifts was definitely the wrong choice.  I should have went with the Force, let you Drain it, then go for Gifts while you were tapped down to try and maintain pace.  But with Gifts gone I just had nothing going for me. 

You definitely played it much better than I did.

Suddenly, Fluffy realized she wasn't quite like the other bunnies anymore.

-Team R&D-
-noitcelfeR maeT-
personalbackfire
Full Members
Basic User

personalbackfire
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2010, 08:40:53 pm »

Yea, I started making some bad plays against Steve, and they just kept compounding into our match too.  

Spell pierce comes to mind... haha I am just kidding. I made that misplay with gifts but I don't think adding Vamp gets anywhere either as you said you would just give me lotus/twister and I would have to get lucky. If you happen to think of any piles that would had been good that game let me know.

Congrats on another top 8.
Pleasure playing you twice today, sorry I was a bit frustrated when you beat me.

On a different note, Props:
Thanks Coss for hosting another event.
Good job Elias! Monster, this guy
Beaver is always a good time
Cheese and Bread was the best 5 dollars i've ever spent

Edit: Slops:
Nick Detwiler for coming out, then not playing... I think Nick might need a cat name
voltron00x
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2010, 09:00:44 pm »

Sam, how close was your deck to my Philly open version? Recall was nuts, I may play it next time...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:36:50 pm by voltron00x » Logged

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.”

Team East Coast Wins
Ravager Sam
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2010, 09:13:53 pm »

Sam, how close wad your deck to my Philly open version? Recall was nuts, I may play it next time...

I posted a report, but it's a 4 Card difference in the maindeck; -4 Leyline and +1 Dread Return, Dread Return Target, Nature's Claim, Recall.
voltron00x
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2010, 09:36:28 pm »

Sam, how close wad your deck to my Philly open version? Recall was nuts, I may play it next time...

I posted a report, but it's a 4 Card difference in the maindeck; -4 Leyline and +1 Dread Return, Dread Return Target, Nature's Claim, Recall.

That makes sense.  Dredge has calmed down some, making MD Leyline much less necessary. 

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.”

Team East Coast Wins
Ravager Sam
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2010, 09:41:25 pm »

That makes sense.  Dredge has calmed down some, making MD Leyline much less necessary. 

I won't argue that it can't help and that it can't be good, because it's highly situational, but it generally gets sided out and it isn't even aggressively mulliganed into for the mirror match.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: