TheManaDrain.com
September 24, 2018, 01:14:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Xtreme Games Monthly Vintage: March 18, 2010
  • Xtreme Games Monthly Vintage: April 18, 2010
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtreme Games Monthly Vintage 4-18-10  (Read 854 times)
XtremeGamesOnline
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

xtremegames2199
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:34:28 pm »

Xtreme Games
2108 E. Grand Ave
Lindenhurst, IL 60046

www.xtremegamesonline.com

Xtreme Games monthly Vintage tournament. We will be holding it on Sunday April 18th, 2010.

We will be giving away a unlimited Mox Jet for first place guaranteed!

All other prizes based on participation.

11 AM SIGN UP 12 NOON START  We will break after round 2 for a 1/2 hour lunch, provided we have 5 or more rounds

This is also the Pre-Release for Rise of the Eldrazi so get ready for some Booster Drafts or Sealed deck!!!!!

Hope to see all of you there!

25/25/25 rule:
Vintage 25-proxy unsanctioned tournament
$0.25 for each proxy after 25
$25 entry

All proxies must follow these guidelines:

There are two types of acceptable proxies. The first and most basic is taking a basic land card and writing the details of the card on it. The second method is to take a card that shares some of the characteristics with the card that is being proxied and erase any characteristics that do not match, replacing them with the correct characteristics.

All proxies must have the following text neatly printed, using a extra fine point sharpie. Ball point pens may not be used:
The full name of the card (no abbreviations or nicknames)
Correct casting cost of the card including all colored mana symbols
All relevant/game effecting text

When choosing what card to use as the base for an erased proxy players must follow these rules:
The mana cost of the base spell must be the same as the card being proxied.
The type of the card being proxied must be the same as the base card.
The P/T of a creature being proxied must be the same as the base creature P/T
When proxying a creature it may be difficult to find a creature where all characteristics match. In this case, mana cost is the most important, followed by the P/T, followed by the subtype. Any characteristics that do not match must be erased and corrected.
The art box, card name, and text box must be totally erased. White out may not be used for this as it affects the stiffness of the card and may mark it.
When adding text to the card do not use a ball point pen. A extra fine point sharpie is the best thing to use. A ball point pen can cause indentations on the card marking it.
For clarity reasons, the use of cards with the new card frame is strongly encouraged
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:37:43 pm by XtremeGamesOnline » Logged
Tha Gunslinga
Full Members
Basic User

De-Errata Mystical Tutor!

ThaGunslingaMOTL
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 09:46:26 pm »

This weekend, folks!  Who's there?

Don't tolerate splittin'
Evenpence
Basic User

AlphaFoNGGGG
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 06:18:16 am »

This weekend, folks!  Who's there?

If this were 10 hours closer, I'd be there.  Razz

I hope you guys have a good turnout, and a great time.

[17:25] Desolutionist: i hope they reprint empty the warrens as a purple card in planar chaos
hvndr3d y34r h3x
Basic User

80:20 against LordHomerCat, the word's 2nd best an

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 06:00:24 pm »

well, ben didn't say it yet and some one has to. SHOTGUN TOP 8!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am 80:20 against LordHomerCat, the word's 2nd best and on other days the world's best vintage player. Wink
VorpalBunnyDuby
Basic User

rduby13
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 05:37:42 pm »

Found out that I have off work on sunday, so I should be able to make this one. Anyone have a cool decks for me to play? I have no idea what to play in vintage these days.
M.Solymossy
Restricted Posting
Basic User

Sphinx of The Steel Wind

MikeSolymossy
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 10:45:54 pm »

well, ben didn't say it yet and some one has to. SHOTGUN TOP 8!

Well that's just about right, because you'll only top 8, then I'll crush you...

~Team Meandeck~

Vintage will continue to be awful until Time Vault is banned from existance.
Tha Gunslinga
Full Members
Basic User

ThaGunslingaMOTL
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 11:03:12 pm »

Not planning to scrub out again, eh Soly?

Don't tolerate splittin'
M.Solymossy
Restricted Posting
Basic User

Sphinx of The Steel Wind

MikeSolymossy
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 11:33:43 pm »

Not planning to scrub out again, eh Soly?

I've been testing actually.  I know what I'm playing.  It has japanese cards.

~Team Meandeck~

M.Solymossy
Restricted Posting
Basic User

Sphinx of The Steel Wind

MikeSolymossy
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 02:29:33 pm »

Or, maybe I'll be playing the "Fuck my job, scheduling me even though I requested off".

~Team Meandeck~

Tha Gunslinga
Full Members
Basic User

ThaGunslingaMOTL
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 04:16:18 pm »

18 people.

I'm 4-0-1, drawing in to top 4 with Terastodon Oath, named "Half Savage/Half Sadist" today.
Ryan Dubois is 3-0-2, drew in with me, playing Ichorid.
2 more slots up for grabs.

Round 1:
James King (mirror)

Game 1: I have broken stuff, he does too, I get Oath up, counter his Time Vault (he has Key), name blue with Iona to shut off his Tinker in hand.  He plays Will and I lose.

Game 2: I play turn 2 Tinker--DSC with Spell Pierce backup, and he can't touch it.

Game 3: I open with Lotus, Island, Mox, and the choice of either playing Tezzeret (he has U up) or Recall with Jace backup.  I play the Recall, he Forces pitching Force, and I play Jace.  I start Brainstorming and draw insane good stuff.  By turn 4 or 5 I Drain his EOT Gifts, EOT my own Gifts for Key/Vault/Will/Regrowth, and he scoops.

Round 2:
Jake Kempfer (TPS)

Game 1: Blowout involving infinite broken cards and infinite Forces.  My opener was double Force, one blue card, double Oath, so he double Duresses the Oaths, then I Force some things, then he plays Jar and I hit double Force double blue card and keep him off Desire mana, then kill him eventually.

Game 2: I open with Lotus/stuff, and he Duresses me and takes the Oath.  I drop Island, Lotus, Mystical EOT for Recall, Recall into 0 land.  I Force a spell or two, then figure I have nothing to lose and blow Lotus to play Yawgmoth's Will to replay Recall and Lotus.  Recall hits Orchard, so I replay the Oath from the yard and Time Walk.  I hit Terastodon, take 2 minutes to figure out what to do, blow his 3 mana, leaving him with Mana Crypt and whatever he just Vamped for, and he scoops.

Round 3: Jerrod (DEEZ NOUGHTS)

Game 1 I mull to a slow 6, he has a slow 5.  I get an Oath down, bust out I think Iona on blue, and it's over.  At least, I think that's how it went.

Game 2: I keep an counter-heavy hand, Drain his Confidant, then Regrow the Drain.  He has nothing going on for a while, so I rip Lotus and hardcast Terastodon.  He Trickbinds the trigger, so I just Spell Pierce his Diabolic Edict and then kill him with the 9/9.

Round 4: Danny Friedman (ILL CORE BEATZ)

Game 1: I open Lotus, Key, Spell Pierce, Island, Forest, fetch, Brainstorm.  I do some things, draw Tinker, and Pierce his counter.  Key/Vault wins.

Game 2: I open Tezzeret, Force, Orchard, Mox, land, land.  I mull, and of course my top card was the Oath.  My 6 isn't bad, and I rip the Oath.  I go Orchard, Mox, Oath, and he Forces it, then drops Sword of Fire and Ice, next turn equips the token, and blows me out.  I shouldn't have led with the Orchard; that was my mistake.

Game 3: I open with something like Pierce, Brainstorm, Island, Forest, Mox, Key, Lotus.  I drop some stuff, pass, then rip Tezzeret and play it with Pierce backup.  I fetch Vault and play Key.  His only out is Hurkyl's Recall plus a counter.  He Time Walks, Scrolls for Force, and Hurk's me next turn.  I rip Oath off the top, resolve it, replay Mox and Key, fetch out Top, pass turn.  Next turn I Top on upkeep, then draw Vampiric Tutor.  I do the Key/Top thing, and he Annuls the Top when I replay it.  I fetch Jet with Tezzeret, Vamp for Orchard, pass turn.  Next turn I play Orchard, replay Vault for no reason, and he Snares it.  I EOT give him a guy and Oath up Iona, which is pretty good against an almost all-blue deck.  That's game.

Round 5: ID with Ryan Dubois with Ichorid.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 04:32:15 pm by Tha Gunslinga » Logged

Don't tolerate splittin'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: