TheManaDrain.com
January 25, 2020, 07:27:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kuldotha Phoenix  (Read 1657 times)
TheWhiteDragon
Basic User

ericdm69@hotmail.com MrMiller2033 ericdm696969
View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:46:19 pm »

2RRR - flying, haste
Metalcraft - 4: return from grave to play on your upkeep.

This seems really nuts in a bazaar deck.  If you have 4 mana and can pitch this guy, you get a nearly-unkillable attacker.  I think in a bazaar stax shell, you could dodge hate with a non-artifact killer that is insanely hard to get rid of.

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
BruiZar
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:48:05 am »

It requires you to have 4 mana, and have 3 artifacts in play IF you pitched it. It's regular mana cost is less prohibitive than its alternative. AFAIK the removal that's being played in vintage is swords to plowshares or bounce. Not gonna happen.
Killane
Full Members
Basic User

I am become Death, the destroyer of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 09:20:13 am »

It requires you to have 4 mana, and have 3 artifacts in play IF you pitched it. It's regular mana cost is less prohibitive than its alternative. AFAIK the removal that's being played in vintage is swords to plowshares or bounce. Not gonna happen.

But Bazaar negates almost all these drawback and how often are you not going to hae 3 artifacts in a Stax shell? Not saying it's goning to happen, but not as bad as you make it out to be.

DCI Rules Advisor
_____________________________ _____
Are you playing The Game?
Blue Lotus
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 04:00:49 pm »

I think this is wicked cool and am going to try real hard for this to work. The major issue I see is both Bazaar and Shop can't get this into play, so that is eight lands that are a nonbo with this card.

However, it is a uncounterable 4cc creature that costs 4 under any amount of spheres. Bounce doesn't do anything out of the ordinary b/c if you got the phoenix in the grave once, you probably can do it again.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:04:34 pm by Blue Lotus » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: