TheManaDrain.com
May 25, 2019, 06:14:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Casual Project X Needs Help  (Read 1072 times)
angelofrawr
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: September 22, 2010, 01:44:55 am »

So, I'm sure a few of you are aware of the combo that was fairly big around ravnica/time spiral - Saffi Eriksdotter + Crypt Champion for a "do nothing" combo, and then essence warden or related "when a creature comes into play" effect to create an infinite loop. Yes, I realize its not a particularly strong combo relative to a lot of the crazy stuff, but for some reason I like it and want to use it casually.

Long story short, I'm looking to port Project X over to legacy, but keep it relatively cheap. My usual group typically plays LegacyLight (tm.) Basically, its legacy without the really expensive stuff, although we still can get pretty degenerate. I see two ways of going about this - keep it straight combo, or make a more aggro centric version with a combo for backup.

So, a rough sketch to get the ideas flowing:

4x Saffi Eriksdotter
4x Crypt Champion
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Loxodon Hierarch
3x Soul Warden
2x Essence Warden
2x Teysa, Orzhov Scion
4x Wall of Roots
2x Armadillo Cloak
2x Mystic Enforcer

3x Chord of Calling
4x Call of the Herd

11 Forest
6 Plains
5 Swamp

Now, obviously this would be dramatically improved by getting duals/pains and I'm working on that. The balance of land however is something I always have issues with.
I've also considered tossing in Mortify/Putrefy, Harmonize, Watchwolf, Congregation at Dawn, Wrath of God, Aether Vial, etc.

So what should I do to keep this a fun, midrange kinda does it all deck, but keep it consistent and semi-competitive?

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: