TheManaDrain.com
September 16, 2019, 07:24:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Duck Weekly Tourney #6  (Read 3559 times)
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Exile Ancestral and turn Tiago sideways.

ambivalentduck ambivalentduck ambivalentduck
View Profile
« on: January 23, 2012, 04:22:36 pm »

Hi all!

Dark Ascension is LEGAL for this tourney. Proxies should be made via manual edits to your decklist.  You can type illegal cardnames directly into your COD file.

Every week, I'm going to start a 8-player single elimination bracket.  Rules are very similar to the TMD online invitational:
1. Games are played publicly on Cockatrice
2. Players have at most a week to complete each match.
3. Lists must be posted after all round 1 matches are complete.
4. Prize is the opportunity to play a featured match against a well-recognized member of the Vintage community.  (Volunteers?)
5. Drops after the bracket is drawn are final.  Nobody can fill that slot.
6. Brackets will be fully randomized.  There will be no preference or "seeds" of any kind.

Registration will be closed once we have 8 people or about a week passes and I remember to draw up a bracket.

Players signed up as of last update:
1. AmbivalentDuck
2. Shock Wave
3. Evouga
4. Guli
5. Grand Inquisitor
6. Nataz
7. A1
8. credmond

First matches must be complete by Feb 7th.  If all matches complete before then, the next set will be due within a week, and so on.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:46:58 pm by AmbivalentDuck » Logged

A link to the GitHub project where I store all of my Cockatrice decks.
Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Any interest in putting together/maintaining a Github Git project that hosts proven decks of all major archetypes and documents their changes over time?
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »

I'd like to sign up for the next one.
Added.

Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Any interest in putting together/maintaining a Github Git project that hosts proven decks of all major archetypes and documents their changes over time?
evouga
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 04:44:41 pm »

I'm in.
Guli
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:59:48 pm »

ok im in

nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:23:07 pm »

in

I will write Peace on your wings
and you will fly around the world
Grand Inquisitor
Always the play, never the thing
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:25:43 pm »

in

There is not a single argument in your post. Just statements that have no meaning. - Guli

It's pretty awesome that I did that - Smmenen
A.-1.
Full Members
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:38:35 pm »

I'd like to participate.

Please make an attempt to use proper grammar.
credmond
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 10:57:08 pm »

Count me in!
Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 11:16:24 pm »

I'll participate in this next one.

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 11:47:42 pm »

#9, unfortunately.  Would you like to be first on the list for next week?

Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 12:03:26 am »

#9, unfortunately.  Would you like to be first on the list for next week?

Sure!

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 08:47:30 am »

Pairings are up:
Nataz vs Guli
Evouga vs A1
Credmond vs Grand Inquisitor
Me vs Shock Wave

Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 02:38:18 pm »

Pairings are up:
Nataz vs Guli
Evouga vs A1
Credmond vs Grand Inquisitor
Me vs Shock Wave

PM me when you are ready to go.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." 
- Theodore Roosevelt
evouga
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 09:03:00 pm »

I lost to A.-1. 0-2.
A.-1.
Full Members
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 10:01:41 pm »

Bomberman:
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mana Crypt
1 Sol Ring
1 Black Lotus
1 Tolarian Academy
4 Tundra
2 Snow-Covered Island
2 Island
1 Plains
4 Flooded Strand
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Polluted Delta

3 Trinket Mage
2 Auriok Salvagers
1 AEther Spellbomb
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Pithing Needle
1 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

4 Force of Will
4 Mana Drain
2 Mental Misstep
2 Flusterstorm
2 Mindbreak Trap
1 Echoing Truth
1 Gifts Ungiven
2 Fact or Fiction
1 Brainstorm
1 Ancestral Recall

1 Merchant Scroll
1 Thirst for Knowledge
1 Time Walk
1 Balance

SB: 3 Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 2 Energy Flux
SB: 2 Serenity
SB: 2 Path to Exile
SB: 1 Mindbreak Trap
SB: 1 Flusterstorm
SB: 2 Steel Sabotage
SB: 1 Tinker
SB: 1 Blightsteel Colossus

Both games were very long and drawn out. A lot of that was due to my unfamiliarity with Bomberman and the speed, or lack thereof, in which it wins. It reminds me of Landstill. Game one evouga won the die roll, keeping seven. I mulled to a questionable six with basic Plains and Mox Sapphire as my only mana sources. I believe my other four were EE, Thirst, Jace, and Mage. I was hoping evouga was on something blue, and I could draw out of it. Luckily for me, his hand wasn't super explosive. A few turns into the game, he Tinkered for BSC. I decided to play Mage getting Spellbomb. I didn't have the mana so Mage soaked up some poison counters before I bounced BSC. I put him on Gro at this point playing EE on two. He plays an Orchard, Oath, and Jace. I blow EE and a turn later Gifts getting Needle, Cage, Walk, and E Truth with a Spirit on board and his Jace at two. He gives me Walk and Cage. I try to Walk, he Spell Pierces, I FoW, and he Missteps my Cage. I kill his Jace, play my own, and win off the ultimate.

I board in three Cages, siding out Needle, Balance, and one FoF. He keeps seven while I keep a very strong seven of Tundra, Island, Ruby, Salvagers, FoW, Ancestral, and Cage. He plays Preordain, Jet, and Top. I draw Jace for the turn, play Ancestral and Cage, both resolve, and I pass. Over the next 10 turns, possibly more, he's trying to find a mana source with Top. Stuck on Volcanic and Jet, he draws everything but mana. I attempt to Gifts, he Pyros, I Misstep, he Missteps, I FoW, he FoW. He tries to Claim and Hurkyl's my Cage, both meet counters. My lone Salvager eventually gets there in the end.

Thank you for the games evouga. Sorry if any of this information is incorrect. I'm doing this from memory since the game log was so long.

Grand Inquisitor
Always the play, never the thing
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 07:24:43 am »

CRedmond, I'm around some this afternoon and most of tomorrow, PM me to meet up.

There is not a single argument in your post. Just statements that have no meaning. - Guli

It's pretty awesome that I did that - Smmenen
credmond
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 12:18:16 am »

CRedmond, I'm around some this afternoon and most of tomorrow, PM me to meet up.

I replied to your PM.
credmond
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 06:45:54 pm »

I beat G.I. in a brutal Shops on Shops, Will Ferrell style, bat fight.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/426608ab8c/bat-fight

Game 1, I am on the play and a chalice at zero sets him back 5 or more turns. If not for chalice at zero his turn 1 Tolarian would have been big for him. Good thing I hit first in the bat fight.

Game 2, a phyrexian revoker on his turn 2 metalworker stops him cold along with a crucible and recurring ghost quarter. Especially rough for him when he draws 2 more metalworker as the game goes by. A metamorph from him on my crucible keeps him in the game. Later, a Kudoltha from him gets answered by Duplicant and I have 2 more Metamorphs in hand to clone Duplicant and hit any dudes bigger than mine that he puts out.

Here's my list . . .

1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Ruby
1 Sol Ring
4 Ancient Tomb
2 City of Traitors
1 Strip Mine
1 Tolarian Academy
4 Wasteland
4 Lodestone Golem
4 Phyrexian Metamorph
3 Phyrexian Revoker
4 Chalice of the Void
3 Null Rod
3 Sphere of Resistance
4 Tangle Wire
4 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Trinisphere
2 Mishra's Factory
4 Mishra's Workshop
4 Slash Panther
1 Mana Crypt
SB: 2 Duplicant
SB: 1 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 2 Steel Hellkite
SB: 2 Ghost Quarter
SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 2 Crucible of Worlds
SB: 4 Grafdigger's Cage
Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 09:37:59 pm »

I got there in 3 against Ambivalent Duck. The matchup was UR Landstill against Dredge. The list I played is as follows:

1 Strip Mine
4 Wasteland
4 Mishra's Factory
2 Faerie Conclave
1 Library of Alexandria
2 Island
4 Volcanic Island
2 Flooded Strand
1 Gorilla Shaman
3 Null Rod
1 Crucible of Worlds
3 Spell Pierce
4 Mana Drain
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 Brainstorm
4 Standstill
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Time Walk
1 Chain of Vapor
1 Lava Dart
4 Force of Will
1 Mystical Tutor
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Mental Misstep
2 Misdirection

SB: 2 Red Elemental Blast
SB: 4 Ingot Chewer
SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 3 Lightning Bolt

The matchup was fairly uninteractive, anti-climactic, and generally void of anything interesting, as I feel most Dredge matchups are (Ohhhh! The controversy!).

G1: He plays LED and Bazaar and kills me on turn one. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
G2: I have the following 7: Cage x 2, Relic x 1, FoW, Crucible, Scalding Tarn, Faerie Conclave. He mullls to 4. I run out the Cage and pass. He plays Bazaar, and I think I draw a blue card on the next turn to protect my Cage and he is basically hosed.
G3: He Powders his first 7 and keeps. I mull to 6: Waste x 2, Cage, FoW, Drain, Pierce. He runs out a T1 Narcomoeba off a Lotus Petal. His plan is to race. I am fairly sure he is not going to get there, so I let Narcomoeba resolve. He is down to 4 cards so I Waste his land. He plays Bazaar. I play my second Waste and play Cage. He Bazaars pitching Therapy and other stuff and tries to bounce my Cage which I FoW. I draw Strip Mine and hose both his lands. He plucks away for 1 every turn but I eventually I draw a blue source and chain Ancestral into Jace into GG.

GGs AD!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." 
- Theodore Roosevelt
nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 09:56:36 pm »

I beat Guli 2-1. He was on some kind of GW brew, and I was playing WS aggro.

G1: I i play an early lodestone which is copied by a phantasmal image (!). I have another lodestone in hand, so I trade, play the second golem, and next turn lay out a tangle wire. Bazaar + squee draws me into strip effects which in combination with wire keep his second image and lands locked down to win the game.

G2: he turn 1's a trygon. I turn 1 a steel hellkite. We trade lands for a while, his strip effects for my workshop, and bazaars. I make a random mistake attacking 1 turn to early with my hellkite, he kills it on the next with trygon. I try for a metamorph, it eats a claim, and I'm never in it from then on in. Final board was me with a couple of lands, him with 4x trygons (2 of them illusions).

G3: I play waste, pass, with a hand too good to mull. He t1's land, lotus -> trygon. Thankfully I was holding my dismember. T2: I play out a lodestone, and he misses his land drop. T3: I play out a steel hellkite, with 2 more strip effects in hand, and the game is mine.

Guli was holding all kinds of artifact kill and bounce that he couldn't play that last game, so I dodged a bit of a bullet there. Of course my next opponent A-1 is running serenity, steel sabotage, AND energy flux, so that kind of sucks.  Lol, should be interesting.

here is the list.

4 Mishra's Workshop
4 Ancient Tomb
2 City of Traitors
4 Wasteland
1 Strip Mine
1 Tolarian Academy
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Black Lotus
1 Sol Ring
1 Mana Vault
1 Mishra's Factory

4 Lodestone Golem
2 Phyrexian Metamorph
3 Phyrexian Revoker
2 Steel Hellkite

4 Sphere of Resistance
3 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Trinisphere
4 Tangle Wire
3 Null Rod
2 Crucible of Worlds

4 Bazaar of Baghdad
3 Squee, Goblin Nabob

SB: 1 Duplicant
SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 1 Crucible of Worlds
SB: 2 Precursor Golem
SB: 1 Dismember
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 Ravenous Trap
SB: 2 Wurmcoil Engine

@ A-1: I have an unexpected trip weds night -> Tuesday morning, but I'm open all day tomorrow and weds morning -> early afternoon. LMK when you are free!

nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 03:14:32 pm »

A1 and I are playing today at 4 EST.

nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 05:37:22 pm »

I won 2-1, I'll post details later.

A.-1.
Full Members
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 11:12:32 pm »

I'll give a quick recap of our match. Nataz, feel free to add more detail.

Game one: He wins the roll, keeps seven, I mull to five, he plays a turn one Trinisphere, and that's game right? Well not quite. The Lodestone(s) in his hand have to sit there with his mana base of Wasteland and two Moxen. He has two Tangle Wires to buy time but can't find that fourth mana source. My five on the draw is Island, Plains, Top, FoW, and non-blue card (maybe Needle?). I draw Ancestral Recall for the turn. I eventually draw a third basic and get to play Recall on my fourth upkeep with several Wire triggers on the stack then Thirst the turn after. Nataz finds that fourth mana source and lands some Golem beats. I bounce the Golem with Spellbomb while holding back Drain mana and a full grip. Nataz holds his Golems until he can play both in the same turn. I only have the mana to Drain one. So the other Golem and a Revoker get there.

He sides in his creatures and Dismember. I bring in my artifact hate, Path to Exiles, and Tinker/Bot.

Game two: We both keep seven. I have a turn one Ancestral but no counters; he has a Shop, B Lotus, Thorn, Lodestone. I play a Mana Crypt turn two to set up a turn three Energy Flux, but he plays Revoker on Crypt. Luckily, I draw into Path for his Lodestone and win four or five Crypt rolls. I Drained something to help land Flux, and he couldn't recover after that.

Game three: He mulls to six. Again my unfamiliarity with the deck hurts me here, and I keep a questionable seven - Polluted Delta, Top, Drain, B Lotus, Walk, Serenity x2. Nataz plays Shop, mox, mox, Wire, Revoker; and I play Serenity and Walk blowing up his board. In the topdeck war that ensues, I can't find mana sources even with my Top. He draws a few mana sources before hitting Sphere, Wurmcoil, and a Hellkite a little later. I can't find any answers in time, and Nataz wins in three very close games.

nataz
Full Members
Basic User

Mighty Mighty Maine-Tone

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 12:00:25 am »

A-1 did a good job at the match recap, I'll just throw in with my point of view.

Game one: He wins the roll, keeps seven, I mull to five, he plays a turn one Trinisphere, and that's game right? Well not quite. The Lodestone(s) in his hand have to sit there with his mana base of Wasteland and two Moxen. He has two Tangle Wires to buy time but can't find that fourth mana source. My five on the draw is Island, Plains, Top, FoW, and non-blue card (maybe Needle?). I draw Ancestral Recall for the turn. I eventually draw a third basic and get to play Recall on my fourth upkeep with several Wire triggers on the stack then Thirst the turn after. Nataz finds that fourth mana source and lands some Golem beats. I bounce the Golem with Spellbomb while holding back Drain mana and a full grip. Nataz holds his Golems until he can play both in the same turn. I only have the mana to Drain one. So the other Golem and a Revoker get there.

Pretty much. My hand allowed for a t1 trini on the play, and had lodestone + 2x wire, but only three mana. I was pretty worried about trap since my play was waste, mox, mox -> trini. I can't give up the t1 trini, and keep the hand figuring that wire should buy me some time. Well, I certainly needed it as it took forever to draw another mana source and A-1 is instant speed drawing on his upkeep like a champ. I finally get the 4th mana, and run out a golem while he is tapped out. He trinket mage'd for spell bomb, so I knew it was coming. By then I had draw a second lodestone, and with trini I knew he wasn't going to be able to counter more then once, so it was just a matter of waiting until I had enough mana to cast 2x lodestone through the inevitable mana drain. Plan worked, and I got there.  

I'd seen A-1's list on TMD, and I know the hate is coming. E-flux terrifies me way more then serenity. I can deal with a board wipe, I can't deal with a board wipe every turn. I just don't have the mana base to support a continued 2x non-workshop, non-artifact mana payment. I don't really have a board plan for Salvagers. I saw the tinker package, but honestly that was the least of my worries. I ignore cage, and side in all of my big monsters for the bazaar/squee package.

My logic is that I can't grind it out, serenity/flux means that I have to win quick. Wurm/Precusor/Hellkite copied with a metamorph will do just that. The plan is simple. Land a t1 sphere effect or tangle wire to protect a never ending stream of monsters.

I don't need bazaar/squee because I don't have anything specialized that I'm going to need to dig for. I'm essentially going to throw rocks at his face until he falls over.

He sides in his creatures and Dismember. I bring in my artifact hate, Path to Exiles, and Tinker/Bot.

Game two: We both keep seven. I have a turn one Ancestral but no counters; he has a Shop, B Lotus, Thorn, Lodestone. I play a Mana Crypt turn two to set up a turn three Energy Flux, but he plays Revoker on Crypt. Luckily, I draw into Path for his Lodestone and win four or five Crypt rolls. I Drained something to help land Flux, and he couldn't recover after that.

It was beautiful.

I get a monster turn 1 hand against a tapped out (and FOW-less) opponent. After I resolve a t2 revoker on his crypt I'm feeling great. I have a hand full of sphere effects, and it looks like I'm gonna take this in two. Obv obv he draws the path on the one turn that its going to matter, sends my lodestone packing, and the following turn drains my SOR -> flux. I'm able to keep the revoker alive with a city of traitors, and I try and grind it out with the help of crypt, but the mana gods aren't with me. He wins a bajillion crypt rolls, which keeps him alive long enough to land a salvagers with all the toys either in play or in the yard. A last ditch effort to dismember his salvagers meets with a drain, and I make him play it out so I can see what he sided in against me. A-1 plays out his creatures, and flashes the tinker (which was what  I was looking for), and thats gg.

Now that I know for sure he is playing tinker against me (which I don't think he needs to), I debate bringing in the cages. I decide its still not worth it, and stick to my original plan.

Game three: He mulls to six. Again my unfamiliarity with the deck hurts me here, and I keep a questionable seven - Polluted Delta, Top, Drain, B Lotus, Walk, Serenity x2. Nataz plays Shop, mox, mox, Wire, Revoker; and I play Serenity and Walk blowing up his board. In the topdeck war that ensues, I can't find mana sources even with my Top. He draws a few mana sources before hitting Sphere, Wurmcoil, and a Hellkite a little later. I can't find any answers in time, and Nataz wins in three very close games.

My 7 was garbage, but my six was shop, mox, mox, wire, revoker, and null rod. Even without a t1 sphere effect I didn't want to risk a mull to 5. I draw a tomb, and play out everything but the tomb and the null rod. Serenity comes down with a time walk via black lotus, and ruins my board. But there is hope. On the TW turn A-1 fails to play a land, and runs out top! on my turn I draw another land (of course), play the rod which is met with a FOW pitching tinker. Oh man, he's down to 2 cards in hand, with only 1 land. I'm still in it. He tops, but amazingly can't find a land, and suddenly we are off to the races. I keep drawing mana, he keeps drawing not land. I start finding monsters, and have the mana to cast them. A trinket mage -> spell bomb is only a speed bump, and I win it with Hellkite and Wurmcoil.

crazy.  

GG's A-1.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:09:32 am by nataz » Logged

Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 01:30:06 am »

I got there in 2 against credmond's MUD deck.

G1: I am on the play and I have: Drain, FoW, Lotus, Volcanic, 3 x Fetch . This isn't a great hand but it also isn't terrible against MUD. I run out the Volcanic and the Lotus, hoping to bait a Wasteland. He leads with Waste, Ruby, Null Rod. It resolves. I draw another fetch, play one, and pass. He nukes my Volcanic and plays Tomb -> Revoker. This eventually turns into a damage race which I win very narrowly. I remember there being several exciting turns in this match and some critical decisions revolving around the attack phase. In the end, I manage to stabilize against a Golem and a Revoker, then resolve Crucible and eventually win with Factory beats at 2 life. Great game!

G2: This one is a little less interesting. My 7 is something like: AR, FoW, Drain, Brainstorm, Bolt, Spell Pierce, Volcanic. He leads with Shop -> Crucible which meets Fow pitching Brainstorm (I hate this card in Landstill, not sure why I keep experimenting with it). I play AR on my turn and draw some much needed land, one of which is a Strip Mine. On his turn, he plays Shop -> Cotv=1, Thorn. I eat his Shop on my turn and that is basically it. The game ends many turns later but this first sequence of plays was decisive.

GGs credmond!

- Theodore Roosevelt
Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 02:01:35 pm »

I got there in 3 against Nataz's MUD deck.

G1: I keep a sketchy 7: Force, Standstill, Shaman, Mystical, Lava Dart, Drain, Scalding Tarn. I am really wishing I had a Mountain at this point. I don't want to fetch a Volcanic and run out Shaman for fear of him hitting my land and just losing the game outright. My line of play is to stop his first threat and then EOT Mystical for AR and hope to hit my second land. Unfortunately, he plays Lotus, which I allow, then a Pearl, then a Bazaar, and then double sphere. He correctly leads with Thorn first, which I have to stop, and then resolves SoR. That is very bad for me, since I now cannot Mystical into anything relevant. I don't draw another land and he locks me out quickly.

G2: This was a tricky game. My 7 is pretty strong, although I forget what it was. I know I had Shaman, Volcanic, FoW, Waste, Jace, Chewer, Factory. I lead with Shaman, pass. He goes Shop, Mox, Sol Ring, Golem. I FoW pitching Jace. I untap, draw Mystical, Waste his Shop, Chewer the Sol Ring, swing and pass. He drops another Shop, Revoker on my Shaman, and Sphere. I draw a Factory, play it and pass. He plays a Mana Vault and taps out for Wurmcoil Engine. I draw Ancestral, and draw into Jace, Drain, and FoW. I really need land fast. He goes for CoW on his turn but I Force pitching Mystical. Engine beats me down. I draw an Island on my turn and really need him to cast something. He casts another Sphere and I Drain into Jace. Once I bounce the Engine, he has one turn to replay it but can't find the mana and then Jace and Shaman go to town.

G3: He mulls to 6. I have a strong 7: Tarn, Sapphire, Factory, Drain, Force x 2. Chewer. He leads with Waste, Mox, Sphere. I let it in. I play Factory, Sapphire. He tries for Golem and I FoW pitching FoW. I draw a land and pass. He casts Hellkite into my Drain, and I cast Chewer. He bins his Sphere but I indicate I want to hit the Emerald instead, since that sets him back mana required to cast a bomb. He does nothing over the next few turns, and another Chewer hits shortly afterwards to finish this one off.

GGs!

- Theodore Roosevelt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: