TheManaDrain.com
December 14, 2019, 05:19:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreadless Dredge Idea  (Read 3028 times)
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:41:37 pm »

Here is a list i have been working on for a friend. Any ideas and or suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Bazaar
4 City of Brass
4 Undiscovered Paradise
1 Dakmor Salvage
1 Riftstone Portal
1 Petrefied Field

4 Troll
4 Imp
4 Bloodghast
4 Narcomoeba
4 Ichorid
3 Fatestitcher
2 Thug

4 Bridge
4 Natures claim
4 Misstep
4 Unmask
4 Therapy

SB
4 Leyline of Sanctity
4 Ingot Chewer
4 Chain of Vapor
2 Darkblast
1 Firestorm

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Winter Grudge Match lV Top 4

Creator of The Mana Drain Vintage League.

Website for The League:

http://tmdvl.github.io

Zombies ate your brains!
A.-1.
Full Members
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:50:59 pm »

Welcome to TMD! Before posting, you should read the Official Site Rules found here: http://www.themanadrain.com/index.php?topic=38003.0

Your post falls under the lack of content, specifically "2.  Posts which include decklists alone; card choices should be addressed and explained in order for a post to be useful."

In order for others to help your friend, it would be appreciated if you explained why those specific cards were chosen, why cards weren't included, sideboarding for specific matchups, etc.

Please make an attempt to use proper grammar.
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:57:34 pm »

Oh. Well i decided to go with Lance Ballasters Dreadless dredge deck from Bloomsburg tourney from around June. Then i tweaked it for the newly released grafdiggers cage. I decided on a riftstone portal to allow more green mana for claims main. All in all the deck seems to be working well. I would just like to see what other people think about it.

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Website for The League:

Zombies ate your brains!
TheWhiteDragon
Basic User

ericdm69@hotmail.com MrMiller2033 ericdm696969
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:04:10 pm »

I think without Serum powders, your mulligan rate will be awful.  Also, if you have means to get rid of cage, take advantage of it with a singleton draed return/flamekin for when you CAN go nuts and they DON'T drop a cage.  By cutting out an explosive combo like return/FKZ you basically are telling the opponent they begin every game with an unremovable cage.  Getting back ichorids and bloodghasts are nice, but not nearly as fast as 10 hasty zombies.

Between these two things and a huge lack of disruption (leyline, CotV), you give storm or tinker/BSC a great chance to just kill you first.  If other decks can race dredge, than that is not proper dredge play.

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
Neonico
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 01:42:09 pm »

I tested the same kind of list, anticipating a Cage heavy metagae in the next few monthes.
I almost came to the same list as you did, except that i think that Fatesticher is useless if you don't rely on dread return to win. I would definatly cutt them for Serum Powder, which is absolutly uncuttable.

Also, as i tend to play alot more slowdredge than i use to do, even game 1, I really like the inclusion of maindeck Ghoultree next to the disruption package, which is huge. I agree that misstep is definatly a maindeck autoinclude in dredge now. It's alot better than CotV.

So my list is yours except : -4 Nature's Claim -3 Fatesticher -1 Ichorid +4 Ghoultree +4 Serum Powder. And it's really solid as long as people keep on playing Cage and jailer as their main hate cards.

And also, you can toy with the Ghoultree/Nature's Claim/Mental misstep maindeck and sideboard ration to perfectly adapt to your local metagame.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:45:04 pm by Neonico » Logged
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 02:27:13 pm »

Thanx. Yeah i completely forgot about powder. I tested unmask and im not much of a fan of it. So i cut them for the powders. Ghoultree seems interesting though. I agree with 3 ichorids now that u mention it. Oh and fatesticher was just to speed up the clock. I guess i can tweak more.

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Website for The League:

Zombies ate your brains!
Soapbot
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 08:13:31 pm »

I think you should find some space for dredge return, you need to win as quickly as you can, especially game 1. With landstill, Mudd, and Fish all running 5 wastelands (strip),you must realistcally expect to be slowed down if your bazaar gets hit. Not running Return, frees up the deck and side, but also doesn't allow you to go all in. Dredge's power lies in speed and Virtual Card advantage,  you don't want to give those up
- 4 mask, + 4 Serum Powder
- 2 Nature's Claim ,-1 Ichorid +  2 Dread Return / 1 Flamkin Zealot (Maybe 2 Zealots JIC one gets removed with serum)

I like the riftsone portal Idea, goodstuff to help in Game 2 or 3, I'm looking for a foil 1 now Thumbs up!

To make things faster I use Black lotus, Lotus Petal, and Lion'e eye with Fatestitcher.
ghoultree will get countered and can't be cast once a sphere is up, so i'd pass on that.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:22:22 pm by Soapbot » Logged
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 01:42:02 pm »

Here is a,list I have been working on and it seems to be testing well. I'd like to see any feedback anyone has.

4 bazaar
4 undiscovered paradise
1 dakmor salvage
1 riftstone portal

4 troll
4 narc
4 ghast
4 ichorid
4 imp
4 powder
4 bridge
4 therapy
4 natures claim
4 chain of vapor
4 leyline of the void
4 mental misstep
2 thug

Sb
4 ingot chewer
4 city of brass
4 leyline of sanctity
2 darkblast
1 petrified field

Leyline of sanctity had more uses for me than unmask since it stops oath as well as rav trap tormods crypt and nihil spellbomb.

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Website for The League:

Zombies ate your brains!
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 09:02:36 pm »

GhoulTree has a reducing effect on its CC. Remember it goes Adders, then Reducers, and also its a creature so its not affected by Thorns.  If you got 7+ creatures in your grave, GhoulTree is still only gonna be one green mana in spite of sphere's. I would worry more about a 8 free Mana Drain on GhoulTree more than I would worry about Sphere's.  Or a well timed Metamorph/Duplicant in the case of MUD.

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: