TheManaDrain.com
August 23, 2019, 04:13:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 06/15/12 - 06/17/12 - StarCityGames.com Invitational & Open Series: Indianapolis  (Read 606 times)
SamSCG
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: May 16, 2012, 03:42:34 pm »

Welcome to the Starcitygames.com Indianapolis Open & Invitational weekend, where you will have the chance to win over $95,000 in prizes and qualify for a 2012 Starcitygames.com Invitational over the course of three fun-filled days of Magic.

For information on the StarCityGames.com Open Series, including the 2012 schedule and SCG Players' Club levels, click here!

Live Coverage from SCGLive ALL WEEKEND!
Can't make it to the event? Follow complete written coverage and live broadcasting with Jacob Van Lunen, Sam Stoddard, and Matthias Hunt all weekend long courtesy of the professionals at SCGLive! Visit SCGLive for more information!

Want to get a jump on Deck Registration? Try out our decklist form and come prepared!

Please note that all event registration is cash only.

EVENT SITE
Indiana Convention Center
Hall J
200 South Capitol Avenue, Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46225-1063
(317) 262-3000
www.visitindy.com

HOTEL
Due to limited availability we were unable to acquire a room block for this event.  We did find a hotel deal which is about a 15minute drive from the venue.

Ramada I-70 East Indianapolis
6990 East 21st Street
Indianapolis, IN 46219

$54/night+taxes (Online advance purchase of at least three nights required, otherwise the rate is $57/night)
http://bit.ly/KBF5gf

15 Minute drive to the Venue
Free Internet and Parking

SPECIAL GUESTS
Eric Klug
Eric Klug will be creating altered cards at this event! For prices and custom orders, you can contact Eric at eaklug@gmail.com. Check out some of his work on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Klug-Alters/196141440422512

Mike Fairservice
Mike Fairservice will be creating 3-D Alterations at this event. Mike is available to create custom orders through his web site, (http://mtg3dalters.deviantart.com/) make an order ahead of time and pick it up at the event! You can check out his work and contact him for custom orders at http://www.facebook.com/groups/162273077183166/

Eric Claar
Eric Claar brings his unique style of alters to the StarCityGames.com Open Series. Know for his minimalist 'blueprint' style as well as full art pieces, you can check out his work on facebook (www.facebook.com/claarbar) and Deviant Art. (claarbar.deviantart.com/) For commissions, you can contact him through facebook or e-mail cbalters@gmail.

Lindsay Burley
Lindsay will be selling and creating her unique brand of 3-D cards and tokens! Check out her work here: www.3dalters.weebly.com then stop by and check out these awesome cards! For special commissions before the event you can contact Lindsay at 3Dalters@gmail.com. Don't forget to stop by YouTube for a peek into the creative process: http://www.youtube.com/user/dixiebornandbred147

Meghan Mishelle
Meghan Mishelle will be creating altered cards at this event. Bringing a blend of pop culture and classic extended art to her alters, you can view some of her work here: http://m2alters.deviantart.com/gallery/ For custom orders and pricing e-mail m2alters@gmail.com

Blake Meade
Blake Meade will be creating altered cards at this event! Check out some of his work at http://bamalters.blogspot.com and contact him for custom orders at baalters@gmail.com

Amber Musick
Amber Musick will be at this event offering her custom, full art playmats as well as creating new works of art and customizing your playmat with original art.  Pricing and her current offering of playmats can be found on her deviant art page: zhycalui.deviantart.com. You can contact Amber at zhycalui@gmail.com to request a playmat to be picked up at the event.

HOTELS
As we get closer to the event date, we will be adding special hotel deals to this section. Stay tuned.

REGISTRATION
Registration for the Invitational begins at 10:00 AM and registration for the Opens on Saturday and Sunday begins at 8:00 AM. Registration for all events end ten (10) minutes before the event is scheduled to start. Any player who wants to enroll after registration has ended will be able to do so, but will receive a round one match loss. Players arriving after round two has been paired will not be able to enroll in the tournament.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Friday, June 15, 2012 (Doors open at 10am)[/u]
StarCityGames.com $75,000 Invitational
Format: Mixed Standard and Legacy
Start Time: 12:00 PM (Registration begins at 10:00 AM)
Structure: Up to three days of competition.
Day 1: 4 rounds of Standard followed by 4 rounds of Legacy.  Top 96 players or players with a record of X-3(whichever is greater) will advance to day 2.
Day 2: 4 rounds of Standard followed by 4 rounds of Legacy.
Day 3: Top 8 Single Elimination, Standard Format, best of 5 rounds using the modified play/draw rule based on swiss standings.
Head Judge: Daniel Kitachewsky
REL: Competitive, 3X Planeswalker Points Multiplier
Prizes:
1st: $15,000 (or $18,750 in StarCityGames.com online store credit), 30 Open Points, & the StarCityGames.com Invitational Trophy!
2nd: $10,000 (or $12,500 in StarCityGames.com online store credit) & 25 Open Points.
3rd-4th: $6,000 (or $7,500 in StarCityGames.com online store credit) & 20 Open Points.
5th-8th: $3,000 (or $3,750 in StarCityGames.com online store credit) & 15 Open Points.
9th-12th: $1,500 (or $1,875 in StarCityGames.com online store credit) & 10 Points.
13th-16th: $1,000 (or ******* in StarCityGames.com online store credit) & 8 Points.
17th-32nd: $500 (or $625 in StarCityGames.com online store credit) & 5 Open Points.
33rd-64th: $250 (or $312.50 in StarCityGames.com online store credit) & 3 Open Points.
65th +: 2 Open Points.

StarCityGames.com Standard Challenge
Start Time: Registration at 5:00 PM., Round 1 at 6:30 PM.
Entry Fee: $10.00
Format: Standard
Structure: 4 rounds of Swiss
Prizes: 4-0: $50 Dealer Credit
3-0-1: $25 Dealer Credit and 3 Booster Packs
3-1: 6 Booster Packs
2 wins: 1 Booster Pack

Saturday, June 16, 2012 (Doors open at 8:00 AM)
StarCityGames.com Standard Open
Start Time: 10:00 AM (Registration begins at 8:00 AM)
Entry Fee: $40 (cash)
Format: Standard
Structure: Modified Swiss with a cut to the single-elimination Top 8. Quarterfinals (Top Eight) will be held on Saturday night after the Swiss. The semifinals (Top Four) and finals (Top Two) will be held on Sunday morning at 8 AM.
Head Judge: Kim Warren
Prizes:
1st: 20 Open Points, $2,400 (or $3,000 in StarCityGames.com online store credit) & the StarCityGames.com Standard Open Trophy!
2nd: 15 Open Points, plus $1,200 (or $1500 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
3rd-4th: 10 Open Points, plus $600 (or $750 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
5th-8th: 8 Open Points, plus $300 (or $375 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
9th-32nd: 4 Open Points, plus $100 (or $125 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
33rd-64th: 2 Open Points, plus $50 (or $62.50 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
65th+: 1 Open Point

Two-Headed Giant Sealed
Start Time: Registration at 2 p.m., Deck Construction at 3 p.m.
Entry Fee: $30 per team
Format: Current format 2HG Sealed (8 packs per team – build two 40-card minimum decks)
Prizes:   
4-0: 8 Booster Packs per Team
3-0-1: 6 Booster Packs per Team
3-1: 4 Booster Packs per Team
2 wins: 2 Booster Packs per Team

StarCityGames.com Legacy Challenge
Start Time:  Registration at 4 p.m., Round 1 at 5 p.m.
Entry Fee: $10 ($5 if you played in the StarCityGames.com Standard Open)
Format: Legacy
Rounds: 4 Rounds of Swiss
Prizes: 4-0: $50 Dealer Credit
3-0-1: $25 Dealer Credit and 3 Booster Packs
3-1: 6 Booster Packs

Sunday, June 17, 2012 (Doors open at 8:00 AM)

StarCityGames.com Legacy Open
Format: Legacy
Entry Fee: $40 (cash)
Start Time: 10:00 AM (Registration begins at 8:00 AM)
Structure: Modified Swiss with a cut to the single-elimination Top 8.
Head Judge: TBD
Prizes
1st: 20 Open Points, $2,400 (or $3,000 in StarCityGames.com online store credit) & the StarCityGames.com Legacy Open Trophy!
2nd: 15 Open Points, plus $1,200 (or $1500 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
3rd-4th: 10 Open Points, plus $600 (or $750 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
5th-8th: 8 Open Points, plus $300 (or $375 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
9th-32nd: 4 Open Points, plus $100 (or $125 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
33rd-64th: 2 Open Points, plus $50 (or $62.50 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
65th+: 1 Open Point

StarCityGames.com Draft Opens
Entry Fee: $40 (cash only)
Start Time: 9 AM, 12 PM and 3 PM (Registration for the Draft Opens begins at 8am)
Structure: 64 players per Draft Open. If the Draft Open is 32 players or less, it will be run as a two round Single Elimination event of four pods. If it is 33-64 players, it will run three rounds of Swiss with between 5 and 8 pods. Once those rounds are completed, the top 8 players from the event will draft and play out a single elimination Top 8.
REL: Competitive
Prizes:
1st: 10 Open Points, plus $600 (or $750 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
2nd: 8 Open Points, plus $300 (or $375 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
3rd-4th: 4 Open Points, plus $200 (or $250 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
5th-8th: 2 Open Points, plus $100 (or $125 in StarCityGames.com online store credit)
9th+: 1 Open Point

Two-Headed Giant Sealed
Start Time: Registration at 12 PM, Deck Construction at 1:00 PM.
Entry Fee: $30.00 per team
Format: Current format 2HG Sealed (8 packs – build two 40-card minimum decks)
Prizes:
4-0: 8 Booster Packs per Team
3-0-1: 6 Booster Packs per Team
3-1: 4 Booster Packs per Team
2 wins: 2 Booster Packs per Team

Standard Sealed
Start Time: Registration at 3 PM, Deck Construction at 4 PM.
Entry Fee: $30
Format: Standard Sealed (Six Packs - One pack each of Scars of Mirrodin, Mirrodin Besieged, New Phyrexia, Innistrad, Dark Ascension and Avacyn Restored)
Prizes: 4-0: 12 Booster Packs
3-0-1: 8 Booster Packs
3-1: 4 Booster Packs

SIDE EVENTS – 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM FRI, 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM SAT-SUN
Single elimination booster drafts
Entry: $10.00
Prizes: 3 boosters to 1st Place (or entry into the next draft)

Single elimination competitive booster drafts
Entry: $15.00
Prizes: 1st Place - 8 Boosters
          2nd Place - 4 Boosters

Single elimination constructed tournaments
Entry Fee: $15.00
Prizes: Box (36 Packs) to 1st Place

Four Player Commander Chaos Games
Entry Fee: $5.00
Prizes:
1st Place: $20 Dealer Credit

JUDGING
Judges interested in working at this event, including uncertified judges (L0), should submit an application at http://www.dcifamily.org/event/409.

Judge certification for level one (L1) and advancement to level two (L2) is available at this event; interested candidates should make arrangements with Nicholas Sabin at nicholas.sabin@starcitygames.com prior to the event.

JOIN THE CLUB
Each StarCityGames.com Open event (Standard, Legacy, and Draft) and StarCityGames.com Invitational Qualifiers awards Open Points to participating players. Earning 4 Open Points gets you to Level 1 in the StarCityGames.com Players' Club, which gets you a free deckbox at every future Open Weekend that you attend. Sleeves, Dealer Booth Credit, and Byes at the Invitationals are other perks available at higher levels! For more information, see here.

QUALIFY FOR THE INVITATIONAL!
 Here’s how you can qualify for a StarCityGames.com Invitational tournament:
* Finish in the Top 8 of a Standard or Legacy Open
* Win a Draft Open
* Achieve Level 5 in the Players' Club
* Win an Invitational Qualifier
* Top 2 a Super Invitational Qualifier
* Top 4 an Elite Qualifier
* Regularly Contribute to StarCityGames.com

NEED CARDS?
Buy, sell and trade with America’s largest Magic the Gathering retailer!  Before the event, you can place an order on StarCityGames.com and have it brought to the event.  At the event itself, StarCityGames.com will also have a massive dealer booth set up all weekend long.

TRADING
Although trading is both allowed and encouraged, please note that the following things are not permitted at this event:

-Buying/selling cards with anyone except for our authorized dealer(s)
-Soliciting to buy/sell cards elsewhere
-Advertising without receiving permission from StarCityGames.com’s on-site Event Manager
-Offering to “alter” cards in exchange for some form of compensation
-Utilizing an excessive amount of space when trading
-Using suitcases, handcarts, luggage carts, etc. for the purpose of transporting excessive amounts of trade stock.

Please note that failure to obey these rules may result in all involved parties being both removed from the event without refund, and banned from attending future events.

DIRECTIONS
For directions to the venue, we recommend Google Maps.

FROM THE AIRPORT
Northwest on Col. H. Weir Cook Memorial Dr following signs to 1-70 E ramp
Follow signs for I-465 South to I-70 East
Exit I-70 at West Street (Exit 79A)
Left (north) to South Street.

FROM THE WEST
Danville, IL
I-74 East to I-465 South (Exit 73A)
Follow I-465 South to I-70 East

Terre Haute, IN
I-70 East to West Street (Exit 79A)

FROM THE EAST
Cincinnati, OH
I-74 West to I-465 West
Follow I-465 West to I-65 North
I-65 North to I-70 West
Right (north) to South Street.

Columbus, OH
I-70 West to I-65 North
Follow I-65 North to West Street (Exit 114)
Left (south) to South Street.

FROM THE NORTH
Chicago, IL
I-65 South to West Street (Exit 114)
Straight (south) to South Street.

South Bend, IN
US 31 South to I-465 West
Follow I-465 West to I-65 South
Follow I-65 South to West Street (Exit 114)
Straight (south) to South Street.

Fort Wayne, IN/ Detroit, MI
I-69 South to I-465
South to I-70 West (Exit 44) to I-65 North to West Street (Exit 114)
Straight to South Street.

FROM THE SOUTH
Louisville, KY
I-65 North to I-70 West (Exit 110B)
Right (north) to South Street.

MORE INFORMATION
Your question may already be answered in our tournament FAQ. However, if you still have questions, please feel free to email us at events@starcitygames.com or call (540) 767-GAME (4263). We want your experience to be as enjoyable as possible, and will do our best to assist you in any way that we can.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:22:31 pm by SamSCG » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: