TheManaDrain.com
March 28, 2020, 04:27:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [m13] Trading Post  (Read 7009 times)
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2012, 05:41:19 pm »

Trading Post        4
Artifact          Rare

1, {T}, Discard a card: You gain 4 life
1, {T}, Pay 1 life: Put a 0/1 white Goat creature token onto the battlefield.
1, {T}, Sacrifice a creature: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.
1, {T}, Sacrifice an artifact: Draw a card.

Well THIS looks fun! These are all things that Welder decks would like to do! These are all things that MUD decks would like to do!

Discard a card for fun and profit, weld something back in.
Get blocker for that lodestone golem
Sacrifice that orchard spirit! Sacrifice that lodestoine golem that they were about to bolt! Get something back from graveyard at instant speed!
Get back artifact from graveyard! Over and over and over! Sac that assembly worker!
Sacrifice that mana Crypt, draw a card! Sacrifice that wellspring/used tangle wire/bolted Lodestone Golem, draw a card!

I don't even know WHAT I would do with this and phyrexian metamorph!

Whooot!

msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 06:16:41 pm »

This card seems cute in my Wurmcoil Shop Aggro Deck. Sac Wurmcoil Draw a card, get tokens then next turn bring him back.... Nice.

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Winter Grudge Match lV Top 4

Creator of The Mana Drain Vintage League.

Website for The League:

http://tmdvl.github.io

Zombies ate your brains!
TheWhiteDragon
Basic User

ericdm69@hotmail.com MrMiller2033 ericdm696969
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 06:29:02 pm »

You can actually use this as bounce if I'm reading it right - sac your bolted golem/faded tangle/blocked panther/destroyed sphere as a part of the effects cost, then target itself in the grave to go back to your hand.  Does that work?

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
psyburat
Adepts
Basic User

Mike Noble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 06:48:16 pm »

You can actually use this as bounce if I'm reading it right - sac your bolted golem/faded tangle/blocked panther/destroyed sphere as a part of the effects cost, then target itself in the grave to go back to your hand.  Does that work?

Unfortunately you choose targets before you pay costs.

This thing definitely has possibilities, especially in MUD.  It certain seems faster and better with tempo than Crucible of Worlds with Buried Ruin.

How very me of you.
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 07:44:13 pm »

It has some cute interactions, but your paying 4 mana to drop this then an additional 1 mana every turn on top of each abilities activation cost for marginal effects.  This would have to be activated multiple times over multiple turns to have any significant impact and doesn't do anything as degenerate as a lot of other options like Crucible, Smokestack, or even something like Staff of Dominance or Null Brooch can do.  The fact that it gets shut off by both revoker and stoney silence pretty much just seals this card as unplayable for me.
Saya
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 12:39:58 am »

good news for legacy stax,but not a vintage level card
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 03:10:17 pm »

The fact that it gets shut off by both revoker and stoney silence pretty much just seals this card as unplayable for me.

We can't live in fear! Revoker and stony silence also shut of moxen.

But I've been thing that with TWO of these out (via Metamorph or Voltaic Key) you can make a dude, and sac it to get an artifact back, or sac an artifact, draw a card, make a dude.  Sometimes shops just don't have anything to do with their mana while topdecking.

Eastman
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 05:15:10 pm »

Finally stax has a cost effective way to generate goat tokens.  Everything else, this does worse than a prior printing.
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 04:19:50 am »

Finally stax has a cost effective way to generate goat tokens.  Everything else, this does worse than a prior printing.

But it's the fact that this one card does so many things, in one card, that excites me. Sure, it fails against Null Rod, but it keeps your game plan going with Tangle Wires, Smokestacks, keeps your guys coming back (sac worse guys for better guys). I've got some proxied up, but only drew it once so far in IRL testing.

TheWhiteDragon
Basic User

ericdm69@hotmail.com MrMiller2033 ericdm696969
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 12:21:21 pm »

But it's the fact that this one card does so many things, in one card, that excites me. Sure, it fails against Null Rod, but it keeps your game plan going with Tangle Wires, Smokestacks, keeps your guys coming back (sac worse guys for better guys). I've got some proxied up, but only drew it once so far in IRL testing.

You guys are TOTALLY looking at this card wrong.  I'm putting 4 of these in a deck with 4 leyline of the meek and 8 "crusade" effects.  Then I can smash face with my 8/9 sheep tokens!!!  FYI - I'm calling the deck "Silence of the Lambs".

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 01:48:50 pm »

You guys are TOTALLY looking at this card wrong.  I'm putting 4 of these in a deck with 4 leyline of the meek and 8 "crusade" effects.  Then I can smash face with my 8/9 sheep tokens!!!  FYI - I'm calling the deck "Silence of the Lambs".

4 of these, 4 Nuisance Engine, 4 leyline of the meek, and 4 Intangible Virtue = win... in extended
Ozymandias
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 02:14:53 pm »

He traded goats for artifacts, artifacts for cards, cards for life. In the end, he traded life for goats.
Blue Lotus
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 05:29:09 pm »

This is very slow and very fun. Unfortunately, we all know only one of those things matters in vintage.
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 12:38:47 am »

I know you all hate Trading Post, but IN ADDITION to it being the win condition (see Karn, Silver Golem), you can also have a deck called Postal Workers.

One more time: Postal Workers.

This is my MWS deck so far:

// Lands
    1  Bazaar of Baghdad
    2  Wasteland
    4  Mishra's Workshop
    1  Mishra's Factory (1)
    1  Strip Mine
    1  Tolarian Academy
    2  Island
    2  Ghost Quarter
    1  Mountain (3a)

// Creatures
    4  Metalworker
    3  Karn, Silver Golem
    1  Duplicant
    1  Phyrexian Metamorph
    4  Goblin Welder
    1  Triskelion
    1  Solemn Simulacrum
    1  Esperzoa

// Spells
    1 [BIN] Mana Crypt
    1  Mox Jet
    1  Sol Ring
    3  Tangle Wire
    1  Trinisphere
    1  Black Lotus
    1  Mox Sapphire
    1  Mana Vault
    1  Expedition Map
    1  Crucible of Worlds
    3  Chalice of the Void
    3  Smokestack
    1  Mox Emerald
    1  Mox Ruby
    1  Mox Pearl
    2  Trading Post
    1  Voltaic Key
    2  Ichor Wellspring
    1  Mycosynth Wellspring
    2  Staff of Nin

Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 11:24:17 am »

Am I missing anything, why do you run 2 islands when you only have 1 blue card (2 with Meta) and 1 mountain for 4 red cards?

vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 12:02:38 pm »

0 sphere effects and 2 colors in a workshops list.  If you really want to play trading post I'd think taking something like expresso and somehow squeezing them in would be much more effective than this
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 02:36:53 pm »

I agree decklist is a mess. It wants Trinket Mages, Skullclamp (for goats!) and so forth.

Blue Lotus
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 05:34:14 pm »

I agree decklist is a mess. It wants Trinket Mages, Skullclamp (for goats!) and so forth.
You, sir, are the king of the durdles
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 02:27:24 am »

Ok, I assembly a slightly better maindeck I think with physical cards.

I'm going the MUD route, with Trading Posts as being ways to kill my Chalice for 0 (to replay 2nd chalice for 0 after I drop my moxen).  Also, I play to use trading post to recur tangle wires and smokestacks.

// Lands
    4  Wasteland
    4  Mishra's Workshop
    4  Mishra's Factory (1)
    1  Strip Mine
    1  Tolarian Academy
    3  Ancient Tomb

// Creatures
    4  Metalworker
    1  Karn, Silver Golem
    1  Duplicant
    2  Phyrexian Metamorph
    4  Lodestone Golem

// Spells
    1 [BIN] Mana Crypt
    1  Mox Jet
    1  Sol Ring
    4  Tangle Wire
    1  Trinisphere
    1  Black Lotus
    1  Mox Sapphire
    1  Mana Vault
    3  Crucible of Worlds
    4  Chalice of the Void
    4  Smokestack
    1  Mox Emerald
    1  Mox Ruby
    1  Mox Pearl
    2  Trading Post
    4  Sphere of Resistance

waffles
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 08:42:07 pm »

He traded goats for artifacts, artifacts for cards, cards for life. In the end, he traded life for goats.

the mirage block was great ^^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: