TheManaDrain.com
May 25, 2018, 04:29:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dread Return Against Workshop  (Read 1091 times)
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: January 08, 2013, 12:08:55 am »

As the title suggests, this post is about playing Dread Return against Workshop decks. Let me start off with the list I have been testing, then I will share my overall results against Workshops:

4 Bazaar of Baghdad
4 Serum Powder

4 Undiscovered Paradise
4 City of Brass
3 Petrified Field
2 Dakmor Salvage

4 Golgari Grave Troll
4 Stinkweed Imp
3 Golgari Thug

4 Narcomoeba
4 Bloodghast
3 Ichorid

4 Ingot Chewer

1 Fatestitcher
1 Sun Titan
1 Flame-kin Zealot

4 Bridge from Below

4 Cabal Therapy
2 Dread Return

Sideboard:

4 Nature's Claim
3 Wispmare
2 Firestorm
2 Darkblast
2 Serenity
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
1 Chain of Vapor

I have played approximately 20 or so games against Workshops, Martello and Terra Nova, and have lost 2 or 3 games.
Game 1 I usually Dread Return a Grave Troll since there only real out is Duplicant.
Games 2 and 3 if need be I actually keep in the 2 Dread Return and Sun Titan and have completely wrecked Workshops with a Serenity lock since Titan brings Serenity back every turn.
I'd like to know if people agree with my decision or do you have a different sideboard plan in mind?

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Winter Grudge Match lV Top 4

Creator of The Mana Drain Vintage League.

Website for The League:

http://tmdvl.github.io

Zombies ate your brains!
Protoaddict
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:58:17 am »

The serenity lock with sun titan...
How often do they kill your titan once you are forced to start attacking? I feel like that would be the likely thing to have happen.

I think the singleton fatestitcher may be missplaced. I would very often find with stitcher that I would get him when he is either unuseable or win more. I think for stitcher to be great need multiple and probabaly need to play the list with lotus and petal.

That being said you may want to actually consider lotus. It will help you pay taxes against shops and it can be recurred with sun titan. Can also help hardcast dread return or give you crazy first turn stuff.

Also not sure about 2 dakmor salvages. How often do you find you need 2 of them with petrified fields in the deck. 1 may be enough.

Lastly, no grave hate in the deck or board seems, well, wrong to me.

This is my podcast:

Http://www.fantasticneighborhood.com
Comedy gaming podcast. Listening to it makes you cool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: