TheManaDrain.com
September 23, 2019, 05:03:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • N.Y.S.E. Open I: June 15, 2013
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: N.Y.S.E. Open - Power Eight Vintage Tournament - 6/14-6/16  (Read 55013 times)
Bibendum
Basic User

Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 02:02:48 pm »

Ill also be in, great to see a local event like this, hats off to you Nick and the guys from depot

The Going Get Tough, The Tough Get Debt
Don't Pay Attention, Pay The Rent
Next Of Kins Pay For Your Sins
A Little Faith Should Keep Us Safe
Samoht
Adepts
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 02:04:05 pm »

Obviously I'm in, I should have been more explicit.

Char? Char you! I like the play.
-Randy Bueller

I swear I'll burn the city down to show you the light.

The best part of believe is the lie
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 02:08:28 pm »

Obviously I'm in, I should have been more explicit.

Not a problem, Tom.  You're in.

Ill also be in, great to see a local event like this, hats off to you Nick and the guys from depot

Thanks, JP.  You're in.

"I値l break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
TheProfessor
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2013, 02:10:03 pm »

Ok, checked out flight prices.  Going to discuss potentially going with my brother. I guess the only problem would be finding a place to crash, or finding a cheap hotel to split with other people.

Definitely interested in going, probably going to skip GenCon in favor of this tournament!

I put my Wastelands and Force of Wills in a pitcher and tried to pour them in a cup...... I really didn't see any type of liquidity.

Clearly we need to restrict Lodestone Golem, as he's oppressing the field.
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 02:52:00 pm »

Oh I am so in for this!

Just to be clear on that...I would like to pre-reg.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:58:14 pm by ErtaiAdept » Logged

Bill Copes bought me a beer after using the power of his mind to remove all the Bazaars and Serum Powders from my deck in two consecutive games.

Team TMD
"Dice have six sides for a reason.  There is no excitement in surety my friend."
Madpeep
Basic User

0 - 1 dropping for food since '97

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2013, 03:08:04 pm »

Sounds like fun. I'll be there nick. Please pre-register me.
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2013, 03:29:19 pm »

We're fully updated.

Less than a day after it has been announced, we're at 13 open spots for pre-registration right now.

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

infant_no_1
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2013, 03:57:00 pm »

DAMN IT. This is the same weekend as GP Houston and the week before Vegas. I've already volunteered to judge both of those events. If I do not get picked for them then I will be there. Hopefully there will still be some prereg slots open.

Even if I can't make it this event makes me happy.

Good luck to everyone attending. Hopefully I can make it.

Will
Veritas
Adepts
Basic User

Wmagzoo7
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2013, 04:49:45 pm »

I need to talk with people about carpooling to this and figure out if I'm going to be able to afford this before I commit. 

There should probably be a ramification for backing out of preregistering when the event is less than 3 weeks away.  I say this because I know that this was an issue for the Invitational, where people committed to buying in and then did not end up showing up for the actual event.  I know that you don't want to collect entry fee beforehand, but maybe something like a $50 fee for no showing?

The artist formerly known as Wmagzoo7

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable" - Seneca
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2013, 04:54:35 pm »

I need to talk with people about carpooling to this and figure out if I'm going to be able to afford this before I commit. 

There should probably be a ramification for backing out of preregistering when the event is less than 3 weeks away.  I say this because I know that this was an issue for the Invitational, where people committed to buying in and then did not end up showing up for the actual event.  I know that you don't want to collect entry fee beforehand, but maybe something like a $50 fee for no showing?

What I meant by entries 'locking in' on May 25th (three weeks away from the event) was that a player was responsible for their entry.  If it's possible to fill the slot then there won't be any issues, but I will hold people to their word - if you cancel with less than three weeks notice, you're on the hook for your entry if it isn't sold to another person.

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

iamfishman
Adepts
Basic User

Euclid's Elements is MY bible!

PLIKEY
View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 05:30:07 pm »

I'm totally in this (though I will tell you it is just the tip).

RIP Mogg Fanatic...at least you are still better than Fire Bowman!!!

I was once asked on MWS, what the highest I ever finished at a TMD Open was.  I replied, "I've never played in a Waterbury.  I was then called "A TOTAL NOOB!"
cutlex
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2013, 05:41:07 pm »

Please preregister me for this. How would you accept pre-payment? Paypal?

My name is Duane Haddix if it is not a part of my profile information.

Also, first post.
Smmenen
2007 Vintage World Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2013, 05:43:53 pm »

I would strongly recommend changing the registration system to require pre-payment in order to ensure that all of the registrants are either financing the tournament or guaranteed to come.  It would be a shame if people said they were coming, and didn't show up because they might block someone else's spot. 

rpf5029
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2013, 06:01:35 pm »

What I meant by entries 'locking in' on May 25th (three weeks away from the event) was that a player was responsible for their entry.  If it's possible to fill the slot then there won't be any issues, but I will hold people to their word - if you cancel with less than three weeks notice, you're on the hook for your entry if it isn't sold to another person.

I love that this is a format where this position is possible without pre-payment.  People will be responsible for this if they still want to play Vintage in the northeast, I guess.

Ryan Fisher

PSU MAGIC
"He knows the name of every Elf born in the last four centuries.  More importantly, they know his."  -- Elvish Archdruid
Smmenen
2007 Vintage World Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »

I love that this is a format where this position is possible without pre-payment.  People will be responsible for this if they still want to play Vintage in the northeast, I guess.

Is that necessary?  Can't the TO set up a paypal account now to hold the registrations in escrow? 

Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 06:11:36 pm »

I would strongly recommend changing the registration system to require pre-payment in order to ensure that all of the registrants are either financing the tournament or guaranteed to come.  It would be a shame if people said they were coming, and didn't show up because they might block someone else's spot. 

Steve, I hear you, and I've been burned by this to some measure in the past, but I'm alright with how I have things set at the moment.  I think the fact that I'm very clearly telling people now that they'll be on the hook for their $100 entry should they not show is enough of a disincentive to cancel.  

I love that this is a format where this position is possible without pre-payment.  People will be responsible for this if they still want to play Vintage in the northeast, I guess.

Agreed.  We're all adults and I'm going to treat everyone like an adult.  I expect it back, in turn.

We're updated for the event and to top it off, I now only have 10 spots left.  I'm sincerely surprised that the spots have gone so quickly.  If you'd like one of the last 10 pre-registration slots, please reach out to me sooner rather than later.

Once the last pre-registration spot has been taken, we're going to start taking signups on a waiting list, in case anyone drops out.  I'll add everyone in order, as they come.

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 06:13:02 pm »

Is that necessary?  Can't the TO set up a paypal account now to hold the registrations in escrow? 

I could, we'll see.  I'm not crazy about the idea just yet, though I would consider asking for payment three weeks out.

I have all the power for the event on hand, sans the Pearl.  I sold my last Pearl last week.

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Will
Veritas
Adepts
Basic User

Wmagzoo7
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 07:08:29 pm »

Alright, sign me up.

The artist formerly known as Wmagzoo7

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable" - Seneca
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013, 07:58:49 pm »

Alright, sign me up.

You, Josh Butker and Kyle Del Paggio are all in.

Six spots left.

Michael Savage is in.

Five spots left.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:06:41 pm by Prospero » Logged

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

HappyNewyear
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 08:14:04 pm »

I think this is one of those circumstances where, if I don't pull the trigger, I'm going to regret it.

(I'm sorry, GP Vegas)

Sign me up.
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2013, 08:18:36 pm »

I think this is one of those circumstances where, if I don't pull the trigger, I'm going to regret it.

(I'm sorry, GP Vegas)

Sign me up.

You and Tom Daliapes are both in.

Three spots left.

Josh Potucek is in.  Two spots left.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:29:40 pm by Prospero » Logged

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

strip miner
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2013, 08:36:33 pm »

Sign me up please! I'm so in. Thanks for putting together. Btw, my name is Danny Friedman. So excited.

Multiple Vintage top 8s (and some wins) with Looter il-Kor
@danny_friedman_ on Twitter
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2013, 08:45:27 pm »

Sign me up please! I'm so in. Thanks for putting together. Btw, my name is Danny Friedman. So excited.

You're in.  Last spot, anyone?

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Moy
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2013, 08:59:30 pm »

I'm game.  Mike Moy

Edit: If you need any personal info or pre-reg $ Just send a message
Thanks Prospero.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:02:24 pm by Moy » Logged
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2013, 09:08:38 pm »

I'm game.  Mike Moy

Edit: If you need any personal info or pre-reg $ Just send a message
Thanks Prospero.

You're in.

I was contacted regarding entry for Will Sees at the same time, so instead of letting one of you down, you're both registered.  We'll run one less qualifier event.

Pre-registration is closed.

We have 36 players pre-registered for the event.  If you'd like to register, leave your name here and you'll be first up on the waiting list.  There are 11 spots currently open via winning qualifiers and as I'd imagine that a few of the players who will win a qualifier after having pre-registered, there should be a few extra spots beyond that open.

It looks as though there will be at least one qualifier tournament in Massachusetts, three qualifier tournaments in Pennsylvania, and potentially some number of events in Michigan/Ohio.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:20:56 pm by Prospero » Logged

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

rbtabris
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2013, 09:26:03 pm »

From announced to filled pre-registration capacity in a mere twenty-three hours, fifty-nine minutes, and thirty-ish seconds. Smile Pretty amazing!
Shattered-Universe
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2013, 09:40:25 pm »

I guess I'll throw my name to be first on the waiting list (Phillip Bergeman).
kevgenocide
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2013, 10:27:12 pm »

Please sign me up on the wait list.  I'm coming from MA and ill be looking for a cheap place to spend the night if anyone is down for splitting the costs of a room.  If anyone is I interested let me know.   this is going to be amazing.  Kinda like thewaterberrys from days of yore.  Whoo!
Samoht
Adepts
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2013, 10:53:08 pm »

Like Rob, if I can find somewhere to stay, I will also be attending for a very long vintage weekend. Someone let me know!!

I only have 1 couch in my apartment or I'd have offered you a spot already. The floor is available if you want it, and I'm working on some other beds in the house before the event. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Same goes for Kohler.

Char? Char you! I like the play.
-Randy Bueller

I swear I'll burn the city down to show you the light.

The best part of believe is the lie
Grantselrich
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2013, 02:29:29 pm »

I'm going to be in attendance. As well as to the first qualifier (I won't need to go to the others Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: